- Electrical Engineer with over 10 years of experience in Telecommunications, design and optimization, electrical and electronic technologies, communication networks.
- Sound knowledge of principle, practices and procedures, providing advice and consultation on Wireless Technology design and engineering matters.
- Ability to work independently and with a team, effective in problem solving and failure analysis, skilled in technical writing and intensive documentation.
- Excellent working knowledge in link budget analysis.
- Ability to work cooperatively and collaboratively in a team environment.
- Proven ability to understand customer’s business needs and translate needs into technology specific requirements
- Perform link budget analysis, design criteria and traffic analysis
- Drive test data for model calibration
- Carry out area and site surveys to identify RF equipment location and antenna orientation
- Analyze equipment co - location requirements for multiple operators
- Knowledge of DNS, SMTP, HTTP, IMAP protocols.
- Perform co-channel and adjacent channel interference testing and inter and intra-cell signal interference reduction
- Fading reduction, line or fade margins, scheduling and power control, system
- Perform RF network design planning and optimization activities based on integrated techniques
- Bandwidth versus power tradeoff, advanced antenna solutions, flexible frequency planning.
- Knowledge of managing and troubleshooting IP networks (including point-to-point links, DVB and TDM/TDMA) required, as well as experience performing network configurations, including routing architecture, traffic engineering, configuration standards and peering policies
- Experienced in satellite communication ground control equipment including modems, converters, HPA, LNA, IFL and antenna systems
- Experienced in RF transmission equipment and troubleshooting.
- In depth knowledge of LAN/WAN technologies and routing protocols (OSPF, BGP, EIGRP, MPLS traffic Engineering and VPN Technologies).
- Knowledge of IP routing equipment from Cisco, with the ability to diagnose and resolve routing issues, congestion problems, and hardware and software failures.
- In depth knowledge of terrestrial transmission over fiber, i.e. digital signals (SONET/SDH), DWDM multiplexing, digital multiplexing, facility network architecture, Element Management Systems EMS, and Network Management System NMS).
- Trouble knowledge of T1/E1/DS3/OC3/OC12/STM1/STM4.
- Good understanding of 3G, GPRS, GSM, SS7, VoIP.
Wireless standards: WCDMA (UMTS), GSM, EDGE, GPRS, CDMA, 802.11 and 802.16 technologies such as WMTS RAN Architecture, WCDMA Channel types, HSPA link budget and performance, EVDO and 1xRTT, LTE Architecture and performance, OFDM, OFDMA
Simulation tools: MATLAB, Simulink, Communication Block set.
I possess analytical skills, strong team working skills, solid time-management skills and the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously. Sound verbal and written communication skills. Scheduling & Planning.
Network Systems Engineer
- Modeled a signal output analysis on QPSK/ QAM modulation by using MATLAB and Communication block set.
- Engaged by a client to assist in managing its operational risk and flexibility in wireless technology in the Mid - Atlantic market.
- Modeled a Hybrid Automatic Repeat Request (ARQ) with soft combining techniques in wireless and mobile communications for enhanced Eb/N0.
- Developed Path Loss and average throughput estimation in Link Budget Analysis with the benefits of scheduling to improve the performance at edge of cell, applying shadow margin, with soft handoff in cellular CDMA.
- Redesigned mature network areas to minimize capacity constraints and worked with other areas of network to ensure performance fixes
- Engaged by a private network client to provide plan alternative terrestrial solution. Used my expertise on cost and performance trade for Satellite based VSAT solutions.
- Performed analysis on statistical drive test data to improve system performance such as dropped calls, blocked calls, orientation failures, handoff features. This enhanced network stability and increased capacity.
- Performed radio engineering evaluation for system planning and site acquisition.
- Conducted and led field tests for potential sites, planned frequency assignments and identified technical parameters for network growth, documented and reported findings for management.
- Designed macro and micro sites to improve coverage and also fix existing patches.
- Conducted analysis of cell site performance for large telecommunications company and recommended site upgrades such as down tilting of antennae and re-orientation of radio additions which was implemented to increase performance.
- Led teams of engineers and technicians on a successful nation-wide network expansion projects by building more cell sites and microwave backbone for enhanced capacity and increased subscriber base and revenue.
- Planned installations, transitions and cutovers from obsolete to new equipment.
- Provided technical guidance on projects, conducted analysis and reviews of systems, and did component designs to avoid potential issues.
- Directed and planned team operations. Mentored and provided for new RF and network engineers.