To obtain a challenging position in the area of Information Technology which utilizes my 20 plus years of professional experience and background in the areas of network management, design, performance and engineering.
Technology Familiarity: Cisco, Juniper, Extreme, ATM, Remedy ARS, HP Open View Netcool NMS, Encryption Devices, VISIO, VOIP,COOP, AR25 - 1-2, RMF, Project wise, DODI 8500.2 Information Assurance controls, AR 500-3, NIST, NIST and Army PAM 25-1 LAN/WAN Protocols, Gigabit Ethernet, ATM, Cisco, Remedy ARS, HP Open View, Network Health Monitoring System (Nethealth), Various Encryption Devices
Confidential, Arlington, VA
Disaster Recovery Planner/IA Security
- Formatted Information Technology Contingency Plans to submit for government signature in accordance with the six step Risk Management Framework.
- Documented processes and procedures for Disaster Recovery Planning, Emergency Management and Contingency Planning ensuring confidentiality, integrity of information being stored, processed or transmitted.
- Collected artifacts as needed from system owners to pass all and accreditation audit requirements according to NIST special publication .
- Collaborated with other agency departments in support of their contingency and continuity objectives and tasks to ensure compliance with the RMF .
- Provided organization-wide forums to provide guidance on all sources of risk (including aggregated risk) to organizational operations and assets, individuals and other organizations.
- Represented ITA Mission Continuity Division on DR exercises and participate in hot-wash meetings, providing valuable feedback and recommendations for improvement
- Created presentations and technical briefs for ITA Mission Continuity Division which provided guidance to all levels of the organization to assist them in understanding their responsibilities for achieving adequate information security and for managing information system-related security risks.
- Managed tier 2/tier3 engineers for the (ITA - ETM) Enterprise Transport Management whose joint mission with ITA whose joint mission was to provide 24X7 network operations, management and engineering services to all branches o military across 300+ sites and 8500+ network devices; supporting Confidential Global Information Grid ( Confidential ) connectivity to 60, 000+ users at various classification levels.
- Trained NOC staff and others related to network administration and data back-ups on designated network systems.
- Performed power shutdown and power-up procedures in cases of network power outages.
- Monitored network systems for error conditions, performance issues, and attempted intrusion...
- Provided Capacity Management which included scheduled testing to ensure that network operations are performing to normal standards
- Acted as a liaison and project team customer interface engineer ensuring that policies and operational standards were met on schedule.
- Corrected problems on network systems and notified the correct personnel of the problem, and initiates proper recovery procedures.
- Coordinated the distribution and tracking the use of static IP addresses for the Confidential networks.
- Maintained contact with the Networking and Software groups to ensure all systems are operational.
- Performed Capacity Management for all network support facilities including Power Distribution Unit; Uninterruptible Power Supply, HVAC, Fire Protection Systems, and Access Control equipment;
- Prepared summary reports to the senior management at the end of each shift indicating any problems that occurred and the corrective actions that were taken.
- Provided Network Operations management and engineering services to all branches of the military across 300+ sites and 8500+ network devices; supporting Confidential Global Information Grid ( Confidential ) connectivity to 60, 000+ users at various classification levels.
- Served as liaison in direct support specifically of the 844th CS and 12,000 Confidential customers throughout the Confidential.
- Managed all activities of a 20 member team whose responsibilities included the maintenance, troubleshooting and configuration of Cisco, Juniper and Extreme devices supporting Confidential customers in the Confidential
- Provided problem determination/fault resolution to Senior Leadership in the form of After Action Reports per SLA guidelines.
- Effectively managed multiple disciplines including network monitoring to provide 100% network visibility via proactive network monitoring tool for quick isolation and resolution of all network outages.
- Initiated escalation processes while coordinating with the appropriate third party vendors to achieve a timely resolution.
- Introduced solutions to ensure that all data communications requirements were based upon future needs and current usage to optimize cost savings.
- Prepared and presented daily briefings to customers, government representatives and company management on critical tasks, recent s and required resources.
- Ensured that all actions taken in performing job functions were done in accordance with ITIL guidelines with the goal of maintaining industry standards and best practices.
Sr. Network Engineer Supervisor
- Provided technical analysis in data network planning, engineering and design to a team of 20 engineers.
- Provided analysis for implementation techniques and tools for the most efficient solution to network problems.
- Maintained technical expertise in all areas of network and computer hardware and software interconnections, such as routers, multiplexers, hubs, bridges, gateways, etc.
- Coordinated third - party maintenance for network equipment and troubleshoots problems with users and network administrators.
- Administered policies and procedures to improve team provide coverage for over 20 facilities in the Confidential .
- Served as team lead for the Air Force Individual Performance Team which was comprised of a staff of 20 engineers who provided support throughout the Confidential .
- Utilized Remedy Ticket Management System to ensure that network events were captured, diagnosed and resolved in a timely manner.
Confidential, Bethesda, MD
Sr. Network Engineer
- Managed networks by employing software/expert systems to facilitate troubleshooting and problem correction.
- Monitored and reported network activity utilizing HP Open view network management platform.
- Tracked customer service request from initial fault report to satisfactory conclusion.
- Conducted staff modeling on each communication activity to denote specific event correlation to facilitate trending/forecasting and work force scheduling.
Confidential, Arlington, VA
ATM Network Controller
- Provided 24 hour, 7 Days a week technical support in a Leading Edge Service network operations center for time critical network application requirements utilizing high performance ATM ASX200BX Forerunner switching technology.
- Supported Confidential, Defense Simulation Internet, Unmanned Visual Aviation Vehicles and other mission critical requirements for the DARPA/ Confidential networks.
- Utilized HP Open view and Cabletron Spectrum management platforms to provide fault isolation.
- Provided customer liaison support by utilizing the Remedy Ticket tracking system and resolving issues upon having achieved satisfactory resolution.
- Configured and monitored ATM Interfaces on ASX200BX Forerunner switches to resolve abnormal conditions.