- RedHat certified engineer having 5.10 years of experience as System Administrator, Managing Linux and Solaris environment.
- Installation of Red Hat Linux OS, Network: Kickstart, http, nfs & FTP installation.
- Users / Groups, ACL and Sticky Bit Administration.
- VM Management: PV / VG / LV configuration and administration.
- NFS server and NFS client. AutoFS administration.
- Package management using YUM and RPM.
- Patch Management, OS patching, Package patching and reversal.
- FTP management. SAMBA administration, Samba client connection management.
- APACHE administration: Managing virtual hosts and other settings.
- Monitoring system performance through netstat, vmstat, iostat, top, sar, ps etc.
- Automate jobs using cron & at.
- Good in ITIL process.
- Root password recovery, Troubleshooting for OS.
- Veritas cluster administration.
Senior Operations Professional
- Working on the changes / Incidents in BMC Remedy 7.
- Supporting to Application’s team, Database’s team and Deployment’s team for successful delivery of projects in time and handover for Confidential .
- Creating technical plans and implementing changes and helping colleagues for technical plan creation.
- Decommission of servers.
- Provided support to developers by troubleshooting the ground truth application and provided support on system and network errors.
- Installation of Linux operating system RHEL 5,6.
- Managing packages to install, update, verify, query and erase packages from Linux Servers.
- Managing Users, Groups and Permissions.
- Share Folders and assign permissions to those shares and managing.
- Escalate to on call support personnel appropriately if out of scope.
- Troubleshoot file system corruption, disk space issues, high system load, boot failure issues.
- Coordinate and monitor troubleshooting to isolate and diagnose common application problems.
- Document system events to ensure continuous functioning.