- Over 5+ years of experience in system administration working on RHEL 3/4/5/6, UNIXand Windows (2005 & 2010) Server Operating systems.
- Experience in System Administration, System Builds, Server builds, Installs, Upgrades, Patches, Migration, Troubleshooting, Security, Backup, Disaster Recovery, Performance Monitoring and Fine - tuning Systems.
- Strong technical background in Storage, Disk Management, Logical Volume Management (LVM), Solaris Volume Management and logical partitioning.
- Experience in virtualizing Operating System services using Linux RHEL 6.
- Worked on HTTP, UDP, FTP, TCP/IP, DHCP, DNS, NFS, NIS and ZFS.
- Installed, Configured and Administered ESX 3.5 and VMware V Sphere.
- Creating and maintaining users, profiles, security, rights, disk space and process monitoring.
- Proficient in configuring and KickStart servers to initiate installation ofRed Hat Linux on several machines at once.
- Experienced with attaching servers to Storage like EMC SAN Administration, NetApp, NAS Administration.
- Experience using diagnostic and debugging tools such as Top, OS tools, BMC Patrol, BMC BladeLogic automation suite, Legato networker (client side), and HP Insight Manager.
- Experience in installation and configuration of Web Sphere, Apache, Web Logic, LDAP, and mail servers.
- Experience in writing Shell scripts using perl for process automation of databases, applications, backup and scheduling to reduce both human intervention and man hours.
- Experience in performing DBA tasks such as creating users, roles, tables, tablespaces, imports and exports for development of databases.
- Dedicated to excellent customer service. Self-direction, leadership and problem solving skills. Ability to prioritize and work proactively. Strong communication, documentation and teamwork skills.
Operating Systems: Linux (RedHat 5/6), CentOS, IBM AIX 5.x, Windows 2000/2003 Sever, VMWARE ESX/ESXi
Hardware: Dell PowerEdge 12th generation tower type T110 II, rack type R415, R610 and C series, HP Blade Series servers, IBMMidrange Tape Libraries- TS3100, TS3500 Sun ZFS storage 7120, 7420, EMC VNX5100, Ericsson SSR8000 series Routers, SE600 MSERs
Shell scripting: Perl, C++, PL/SQL, HTML.
Databases: Oracle 11g/10g, SQL Server, MYSQL.
Networking: TCP/IP, DNS, NFS, NIS, SSH, DHCP, Cisco Routers/ Switches and LAN.
Tools: ORACE RAC 11g,VERITAS Netbackup 6.0, VERITAS Storage Foundation SuiteWebTechnologies Apache 2.0, Weblogic 8.1/10, VMwareWeb Sphere ESXi 5.1.0
Confidential, Omaha, NE
- Responsible for installation, configuration, and administration of Red Hat Linux version 5 and 6.
- Designed, supported, and maintained Oracle Real Application Clusters supporting business critical applications on HP blade system BL465c 8th generation, HP ProLiant DL385p 8th generation& Integrity Itanium2 platforms on RHEL 4, 5 and 6.
- Expanded the environment from 128 to over 280 servers over the course of 12 months.
- Setup and maintained NFS, NIS, and TCP/IP network, configured the systems for TCP/IP Networking with the existing LAN, setting up SSH and SCP features between SUN systems and other Red Hat hosts.
- Maintained network and data security, maintained security compliance policies on the OS for SOX and internal audits.
- Installed and configured VMware ESX server instances for virtual server setup and deployment. Responsible for creating VMware virtual guests running Linux.
- Used RPM and YUM to update RHEL 6.
- Deployed Red Hat Satellite Server with custom repositories to provide a stable management solution for the Linux environment.
- Experience with Kickstart Installations on Linux Red hat and Ubuntu.
- Installed, maintained and fine-tuned the Apache-Tomcat server and Websphere Application Server in Linux Platform
- Created Bash shell scripts to monitor system resources and system maintenance.
- Wrote Perl scripts to generate statistics and monitor processes.
- Deployed MySQL clusters using Red Hat Cluster Suite for supporting internal applications built on the LAMP stack.
- Automated system management tasks like user account creation, file system size monitoring, monitor system resources and system maintenance using Shell, and Perl scripts.
- Installed, configured & upgraded Websphere and application level troubleshooting for the Dev, Test& Production environment and maintained Load balancing.
- Worked with DBAs on installation of Oracle database.
Environment: RedHat Linux 5/4, Oracle 10g, HP Servers, SUN Servers, Linux, KickStart, Shell Script, Autosys, LDAP, EMC Storage SAN, VMware servers, Websphere.
Confidential, Wilmington, DE
- Install Red hat enterprise Linux 5.4 on HP and IBM servers, creating partitions on the EVA 4400 using Linux volume Manager (LVM) to create disk space.
- Working with developers to load software onto Linux Enterprise servers and also debugging Scripts.
- Installed other useful related softwares such as OpenSSH, BMC Patrol Best1, IBM Tivoli Storage Manager.
- Administered security, users, disks, groups administration, File Sharing Permissions, daily backup and restore operations, networking service, performance, and resource monitoring.
- Installed and Administered VMware ESX 3.5 in multi-cluster environment with 8 physical nodes in each cluster.
- Installed and maintained several Linux and Windows servers on virtual environment.
- Used Veritas Volume Manager to create diskgroups, volumes, volume groups, and RAID’s and Used Veritas Netbackup tool for backup and recovery.
- Used VERITAS Cluster Server (VCS 5.5) to verify Failover/Pre-Failback/Failback in case of outage in the high environment.
- Network trouble shooting using ‘ 'netstat', 'ifconfig' and Worked closely with Vendors on Hardware Problems, software fixes.
- Administration of NFS, NIS, DNS, Samba and Send mail servers.
- Monitored system performance using sar, prof, vmstat, iostat, netstat, NagiosInstalled and configured RAID 0, RAID 1 and RAID 5. Created vmdisks and volumes using the volume manager according to the requirements.
- Worked with DBAs on installation of Oracle database, RDBMS database, restoration and log generation. Perform security patching of Linux servers
Environment: Linux 6/5/4, Oracle 10g, SUN Servers, SUN, Linux, Kick Start, Shell Script, Autosys, Veritas Volume Manager (VVM), LDAP, EMC Storage SAN, Veritas Cluster Server (VCS), VMware servers,Websphere.
- Installation, configuration and upgrade of Redhat Linux 4/5, HP-UX 11i and IBM AIX operating systems.
- Configured and installed HP-UX and Redhat Linux Servers using kickstart and making installation configuration files.
- Implementing file sharing on the network by configuring NFS on the system to share essential resources.
- Worked on building and supporting on Sun Midrange platforms and IBM AIX Midrange platforms.
- Worked on performance tuning in Solaris, Linux & HP-UX.
- Performed package and patching management and debugging in all flavors of UNIX& Linux.
- Expertise in capacity planning and migrations in HP-UX.
- Troubleshooting and analysis of hardware and failures for various Solaris servers (Core dump and log file analysis).
- Installation and configuration of Veritas Volume Manager (VXVM), Veritas file system (VFS). Implementation of RAID techniques and creation disk groups and volumes. Managing disks and file system using Veritas Volume Manager (VxVM), HP Service Guard in HP-UX and Linux servers.
- Built high-end servers, creating and loading images on Solaris, HP-UX and Linux servers using SystemImager tool.
- Installed, configured and managed Oracle Real Application Cluster (RAC) in Solaris, HP-UX and Linux servers.
- Patches and Package administration for installation of patches as per company policy and installation of packaged application.
- Installed, configured and managed Redhat Cluster Suite in Linux servers.
- Worked on live upgrades in Solaris and HP-UX servers. Configured and managed Zeta byte File System (ZFS) in Solaris, HP-UX and Linux Servers.
- Performed configuration and troubleshooting of services like NFS, NIS, DHCP, FTP, LDAP, Web servers, Samba server, and Apache server.
- Planned and implemented migrations from lower end to higher end in OS level and Hardware level in HP-UX and Linux servers.
- Configured and managed Redhat satellite Network server, performing package management tasks and errata updates.
- RPM package administration using RPM Build.
- Performed Data Backup and Recovery using Veritas Net Backup (VNB).
- Update the systems using Redhat Enterprise Network (RHN),Managing andmonitoring through RHN.
- Knowledge of DAS, NAS and SAN concepts and technology. Also got knowledge in HA, Clustering, LAN.
- Responsible for setting up a disaster recovery plan for the servers, which includes in development of programs for synchronized backups.
- Worked on installing and configuring VMware/Esx Servers for virtualizations.
- Configured and maintained Network Multi pathing in Linux.
Environment: Red hat Linux 4/5/6, HP-UX 11i, AIX, Sun Enterprise Servers E5500/E4500, HP 9000K, L, N class Server, HP & Dell blade servers, IBM RS/6000, p Series servers, VMware ESX Server, Oracle.
- Installation of Linux Operating system with necessary RPMs.
- Creation of VPN s and installing the same for users.
- Configured Samba file server to windows network.
- Installation of VMware client and creating different instances.
- Configured and managed Squid server using various acl’s for Internet Access.
- Installation of Network printers under TCP/IP and troubleshooting.
- Handling and preparing documents related to ISO audits.
- Maintained the inventory of all the switches, routers, WAF boxes.
- Implemented and configuring RAID Devices.
- Configured Open-ssh server for secure remote administration.
- Set up a basic IP failover..
- Implemented automated Backup using Backup PC.
Environment: Nagios, Backup PC, ESXi Server, DHCP Server, Open VPN server, Clone Zilla.
- Maintenance and support of network and systems for users.
- Maintenance and troubleshooting of Desktops, Laptops and Printers.
- Ensured that systems are updated with latest patches and virus definitions.
- Built up the networks for the newly received processes.
- Maintenance of Antivirus Management with McAfee Virus Scan Enterprise, Symantec.
- Installation and Maintenance of CDMA USB Data modem in laptops.
- Installation of new packages, services packs and upgrades of software, OS.
- Installation of all kinds of Company software and operating systems.
- Maintenance of coral reports and handling new setup per process.
- Documented backup process and have ensured that the process is followed.
- Initiated network enhancements that reduced network downtime.
Environment: Windows 2003 server, Squid, EPABX, Cisco 2500 switch.