- Sr. Network Engineer/Architect with more than 9 years of expertise in Designing, Implementing and troubleshooting various Network Technologies. Background includes hands-on experience, specializing in Cisco Environment in Data Center, LAN / WAN and Security.
- Architected a scalable private cloud to support the development and testing for multimillion dollar program which today provides all of the program's highly available resources.
- Experience with LAN/WAN technologies, Cloud technologies, SAN Management, Datacenter Migration Management.
- Architecture, implementation, and steady state of enterprise size SAN over 200 TB and NAS architecture over 60 TB.
- Working with Cross platform switches and network equipment like Cisco 1700-7000 series, NX 7000, 5000, 2000 , HP Procurve 6000 series , H3C J5120, A5120 and Extreme Switches X440 .
- Designing and Implementing Disaster Recovery for huge enterprise using tools Like VMWare vCloud Air and Veeam Replication management and Backup Exec
- Active Directory/Group Policy management.
- Administration of complex ACLs and Cisco ASA 5585 and 5540 firewalls to maintain high-security standards endorsed by State of OHIO CISO
- Administer mobile device management tools Blackberry Enterprise Server, Air watch.
- Implementing network devices for optimizing/maintaining network including security by using various tools like Barracuda Web filter, Spam filter F5 BigIP LTM, Web Security gateway, LogRythm.
- Proficient in using various Network Monitoring applications like OPNET ACE Live Analyst, Solarwinds Network Performance monitor, Solarwinds LAN Surveyor, Solarwinds mobileadmin client for mobile devices, Info vista, Cisco Works etc.
- Install/Manage System Center Configuration Manager SCCM 2012.
- Exchange 2010 On-Prem Administration and migration to Office 365 and also administering mail archiving solution implementation like Enterprise Vault.
- Migrating to VoIP environment from traditional Centrex systems and implemented Lync.
- Created architecture for Enterprise VoIP solution.
- Experience with Network Management and Monitoring devices like Packet capture from Riverbed and Network Instruments and also Load balancers from Barracuda, Qualys, Qradar.
- Implementation of WAN Bandwidth management solutions Packet shaper from Bluecoat and Steelhead devices from Riverbed technologies.
- Configuration and troubleshooting of PIX,ASA Checkpoint firewalls
- Communicating and managing relationship with Vendors and ensuring customer satisfaction of service delivery in accordance to their Service Level Agreements SLA .
- Performs compliance reviews and works with the Field Security Office on IA readiness. Supports software engineers, integration efforts, maintains subversion and the program's physical and virtual infrastructure used for development and testing.
- Manages the tasking of other system administrators during surge periods.
- Supervised permanent and contract personnel. Excellent communication skills with an ability to interface at all levels.
- Participate in security risk assessments and network security enhancements with ISO Director.
Sr. Network Administrator
- Built multiple high availability HA virtual datacenters leveraging host clustering with DRS, datastore clusters with SDRS, admission control, host monitoring provided by datastore heartbeating and VM monitoring.
- Identified network requirements and configured vSphere switches for management, vMotion and iSCSI traffic with vSwitch NIC teaming for redundancy.
- Planned and implemented all DAS, SAN and NFS storage. Provisioned disk LUNs and host mappings for SAN storage and configured the storage adapters.
- Setup custom vApps and resource pools to individually manage specific groups of VMs and provide custom priorities.
- Performs the installation and configuration of all ESXi hosts and maintains the security posture through the security profile, account restriction and routine updates via VMware Update Manager.
- Performs regular deployments of VMs and VAs from OVFs, OVAs, P2V conversions, templates and from scratch.
- Implemented Changes to physical infrastructure for both Desktops and Servers using VMWare technologies like P2V , VMWare Workstation, VMWare Horizon View
- Secure VM environment by implementing VMWare vShield.
- Configured ESXi hosts with iDRAC for remote server management.
- Upgrade ESX 4.0 to 5.0 Installation and Configuration of ESX Server's.
- Installed and Configured SRM for Data center migration.
- Utilizing Veeam Backup and Replication v6.5 and also Symantec Backup Exec 2012R2 for backing up VM's
- Performance tuning of VMware servers, management of server resources using vCenter Orchestrator.
- Security implementation with new appliances like QRadar, Qualys Scanners and McAfee and also Symantec installation.
- Data center migration involved with various routing and switching changes to ISP level with involvement in various protocols like MPLS, OSPF, IPsec, VoIP protocols SIP , stack configuration changes for H3C switch upgrade.
- Administration of complex ACLs and Cisco ASA 5585 and 5540 firewalls to maintain high-security standards upgrading and applying patches to all Networking equipment in periodic manner to keep secure and reliable environment running.
- Cross platform switch management like HP, Brocade and Cisco with HP IMC tool.
- Exchanges 2010 Management and also design architecture for migrating on premise mailboxes to Office 365
- Administering tools like Barracuda web filter, spam filter, F5 BigIP Load Balancer and MRTG, Solarwinds Network Performance Monitor, LAN surveyor, Mobile Admin tool, Wireshark network analysis.
- Active Directory/Group Policy management also integrate MAC's into Active Directory and manage them.
- Install and manage SCCM SCOM software for Administering and reporting on workstations and servers.
- Deploy Enterprise Wireless networks using Cisco Wireless LAN controller 5504.
- Administer mobile devices like Tablets/IOS Devices/Android/Blackberry/Windows with Airwatch MDM as well as Blackberry Enterprise Server.
- Cross platform switch management like HP, Brocade, Cisco switches.
- Migrating current Centrex mate users to VoIP infrastructure.
- Testing and deploying DR tape libraries like MSL 2024/4048 solutions.
- Ensure correct configuration and mitigate system and network vulnerabilities with SIEM tools.
- Responsible for implementing and configuring Sophos and TrendMicro Anti-virus software in corporate.
- Provide 24 7 customer support.
- Participate in Vendor meets to discuss Current status of the products and enhancements.
System Support Network Operations
- Member of the Network team to implement a NewPOS migration to 14,000 plus store location across the USA.
- Configure, monitor and trouble-shoot National IP/MPLS backbone network.
- Configure, monitor and trouble-shoot National OSPF mgmt. network 2500 Cisco routers .
- Monitor and document daily network operations, diagnose and troubleshoot network issues as they occur. As part of a 5 man team that provides after hour network support to 14,000 plus store locations.
- Member of many project teams requiring development, design, and implementation skills relating to LAN/WAN technologies. Troubleshoot VPN concentrator issues.
- Implementing Microsoft SCCM package management, deployment management, scheduling, and bandwidth utilization.
- Diagnose and troubleshoot remote VPN connectivity issues for 14,000 plus store locations. Monitor and maintain the Microsoft SCCM and SCOM environments.
- Proficient in using Network Monitoring applications like OPNET ACE Live Analyst, Solarwinds Network Performance monitor, Info vista, MRTG.
- Also experience with Network Management devices like Packet capture from Riverbed and Network Instruments Giga Star .
- Implementation of WAN Bandwidth management solutions like Blue Coat Packet Shaper.
- Maintain all data circuits and MPLS network. Manage circuit outages, turn-ups, moves, and circuit upgrades.
- Manage and report on network bandwidth using various network monitoring and alerting tools.
- Configure and maintained IPSec VPN tunnels, DSL circuits using Cisco 831 routers and Cisco 3060 VPN Concentrators.
- Upgrading Checkpoint firewall equipment to Cisco ASA. Participating in vendor meets, gathering requirements and implementation of the projects
- Managed and maintained all WAN and LAN infrastructures, digital circuits, and CPE equipment.
- Managed projects and support efforts by other systems engineers and consultants directly or indirectly reporting to me.
- Assisted in the budgeting of all IT expenditures.
- Actively participated in upgrading Core Layer infrastructure and implementing redundancy.
- Trouble shooting Store Network and Data Centers for Network Related Incidents.
- Install and Configure F5 Big IP LTM based load balancer.
- Upgrade ASA appliance from 5520 to 5580.
- Troubleshoot VLAN, VPN, VTP, Spanning tree protocol STP and Trunk related store network incidents.
- Provide technical support, operations and problem resolution of store systems infrastructure as required, including 24x7 on-call support.
- Implement PCI standards in the stores by following security standards.
- Preventive Maintenance, Alarm Handling Resolution, Fault diagnosis and rectification of various WAN links.
- Installation of Cisco Routers 7200, 3600, 2900s, 2800 Cisco Catalyst Switches 6500, 3750 etc.
- Troubleshooting of Layer 2 and Layer 3 related issues.
- Configuring and resolving various OSPF issues in OSPF multi area environments and reconfigured OSPF as the core routing protocol as part of Best Practice Recommendations.
- Replacing End-Of-Life cards in 6500 series catalyst switches and 7200 routers.
- Configuring Cisco Unified Communications Manager CUCM and Unity connection.
- Upgrading the CUCM from 4.0 to 7.0.
- Configure the IVR by using CUPS Unified Presence Server .
- Troubleshooting the IP phones and all the equipment related to VoIP.
- Configuring EIGRP, OSPF and BGP routing protocols for enterprise network during Maintenance change Window.
- Worked on MPLS infrastructure for WAN links.
- Configured VLAN's, Trunks with 802.1q tagging, VTP, ether channels, and HSRP and Spanning tree for creating Access/distribution and core layer switching architecture.
- Supported a network with multiple OSPF areas and created Stub areas.
- Analyzed throughputs of WAN links, Upgraded IOS, troubleshoot network outages and carrying out administrative tasks.
- Supported Site-to-Site IPSec VPN tunnels between Corporate and remote sites on Cisco ASA 5505 and 5550 devices.
- Have been part of implementing Wireless backup solution with Cradle point CBA750 using EZVPN for our Agency environment
- Extensive troubleshooting of DNS, DHCP and WCCP related issues in production.
- Responsible for installation, configuration, maintenance, testing and troubleshooting of the various equipment of the company network.
- Provide network design of the physical and logical network optimizing performance, scalability and cost-effectiveness.
- Configuring BGP, EIGRP, OSPF routing protocols for enterprise network and provided Tier 2 Support.
- Monitored and Managed MPLS link between data centers.
- Interface with various vendors, technology groups to define requirements and process needed to provision networking and systems services.
- Configuration of Cisco switches 3750 for VLAN and VTP.
- Participate in design conferences, produce network diagrams and detailed network documentation including logical diagrams as required. Maintain technical and vendor product information and assisting in establishing performance standards, policies and procedures for the enterprise.
- Provided support in resolving problems with Local and Wide Area Network data communication, operating system and application software and hardware.
- Monitored and maintained LAN for several client locations
- Support and maintain networking devices, cabling and standalone systems as part of job duties. Maintain systems up to date with the latest OS patches.
- Layer 2 switching technology includes desktop to closet network troubleshooting.
- Prepare daily network usage reports and present it to be pro-active incase of network throttling cases.