To secure a Desktop Support / System Engineer position with a growing organization where my Microsoft, technical aptitude and problem solving ability will enhance technical support and benefits operational efficiencies.
- Over Eight Years of Extensive Technical Experience in IT support industry
- Hands on experience on Microsoft Windows 2000/2003/2008 , Windows 7/ Vista / XP.
- Experience on handling HP, Dell laptops/PCs (BIOS update, OS installation, PC repair)
- MS Office XP / (Word, excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- LAN, WAN (cabling, patching, firewall configuration)
- Active Directory, Remote Desktop, DHCP, DNS, VPN (PPTP, Sonicwall, FortiCient, OpenVPN)
- Helpdesk Customer Service (Remote L2 / L3 Support, onsite support, Ticket Management)
- Experience installing and configuring equipment ( printer, scanner, barcode, Wi - Fi router)
- Experience upgrading software and performing maintenance (Windows XP migration to Windows 7, antivirus updates, Microsoft service pack deployment, Hardware Firmware / driver update)
- Data Backup Management ( Application Server / Database Server / User Data)
- Entry level experience of Cloud Computing, Desktop virtualization( Amazon Cloud & Rackspace)
- Highly skilled in providing support and monitoring a business's core IT resources
- In depth knowledge of providing troubleshooting services for both software and hardware issues
- Able to develop and maintain system and security documentation
- Track record of collaboration with co-workers to achieve maximum efficiency and full system functionality
- Proficient in driving improvements in technology and relates procedures
- Ability to work with network providers to determine and resolve infrastructure issues.
KEY SKILLS & STRENGTHS:
- Expertise in Windows Operating System
- Good knowledge of MS Office products
- Exceptional knowledge of basic networking protocols
- Uunderstanding of Linux operating systems
- Remote Desktop tool (TeamViewer, LogMeIn, GotoAssist, VNC, MS Terminal Service)
- Ticketing system (Remedy, Sysaid, HEAT, Whizible SEM)
- Monitoring Tools (Solarwind, Eventsentry)
- Scripting (Batch script, Shell Script)
- Good communication skills
- Ability to take initiative
- Efficient problem solving
- Oriented towards customer service
Confidential, Cary, NC
System Engineer (IT Infrastructure Support)
- Complete configuration, installation and support of equipment in a Microsoft Windows environment to the specifications of client proposals.
- Troubleshoot and resolve computer issues when contacted by clients by providing both on-site and remote support.
- Maintaining software applications, operating systems and regular maintenance
- Managing assigned projects and program components to deliver services in accordance with established objectives.
- Supervising the administration of systems and servers related network to ensure availability of services to authorized users.
- Complete time logs in Change Management Log within 48 hours of completing tasks to ensure accurate and timely time tracking, project management and billing of customers
- Any other duties as assigned by management