- Over 10 years of experience in SW testing in data, optical networks, and telecommunication and standards.
- Excellent problem solving, decision making and interpersonal skills obtained via proven team work.
- Excellent analytical and troubleshooting skills and communication skills and clarity in thoughts.
- Ability to perform well individually and as a team member in all environments.
- Strong knowledge of QA testing methodologies and experience in various testing like manual, automation, functional, sanity, regression, system integration, performance, compatibility/inter - op, and acceptance.
- Extensive experience in developing and maintaining of system test strategies, specifications and plans and execute them manually and through automated platform.
- Experience in reporting SW defects and assisting development team in troubleshooting defects.
- Strong knowledge of LAN/WAN concepts, TCP/IP fundamentals, FTP, DNS, DHCP, L3 routing protocols (OSFP, RIP), L2 switch protocols (STP, RSTP), VLANs, Security (Firewalls, VPN) and Cisco IOS.
- Operational experience in installing, configuring, and troubleshooting multi vendors optical transport equipments and Cisco routers and switches features using CLI and SNMP.
- Experience in configuring, testing NMS/EMS client-server applications, TL-1 and SNMP v1/v2/v3 and its architecture and functionalities, MIBS, Traps, and GUI performance that runs on MS Windows platforms.
- Strong knowledge of CDC ROADM, amplification, digital modulation/demodulation, and GMPLS.
- Hands on experience in configuring, testing, troubleshooting C/DWDM, SONET/SDH equipments, data rates like OC-3/12/48/192, STM-1/4/16/64, 1/10/40G Ethernet, OTU, 1/2/4/8/10G FC.
- Hands on testing of transceivers SFP, SFP+, XFP of SR & LR (100Mb/s to 10Gb/s ) .
- Experience with various test equipments like Wireshark, IXIA, Agilent OmniBER, Spirent Smartbits, EXFO, optical power meter, protocol analyzer, variable optical attenuators (VOA), optical spectrum analyzer (OSA), BERT, OTDR, tunable laser source.
Programming: Java, Python
Working Environment: Windows 7/Vista/XP, UNIX/Solaris, VxWorks
Protocols: Routing- RIP, OSPF, BGP, Switching- VTP, STP, RSTP, VLANs, L7 FTP, DNS, DHCP
Transmission data rates: OC-3/12/48/192, STM-1/4/16/64, OTU, 1/10/40GE, 1/2/4/8/10G FC, ESCON
Tools: Wireshark, SNMPc (Castle Rock), MGSoft MIB Browser, Bug tracking-Clear Quest, Bugzilla
Test Equipments: Spirent SmartBits, Agilient OmniBER, IXIA, EXFO, OSA, Optical power meter, BERT, OTDR, Protocol Analyzer, Optical Attenuator, and Optical Switch.
Confidential, Fremont, CA
Sr. Test Engineer
- Worked with system engineers and SW architectures, reviewed PRD, analyzed functional requirements, and updated test methodologies against existing and evolving design requirements.
- Developed and executed test plans/cases for C/DWDM and SONET/SDH transport equipments.
- Automated test scenarios and test cases to fully exercise the applications under the test.
- Tested hitless SW upgrades and downgrades via T/FTP on multiple line cards for every software releases.
- Configured topologies like p-to-p, ring, add/drop, protection, and regeneration using multi data rate modules, transponders, mux/demux filters, amplifiers, ROADM, and protection modules.
- Configured, verified and debugged data rates like OC-3/STM-1, OC-12/STM-4, OC-48/STM-16, OC-192/STM-64, 1/10/40GE, OTU, and 1/2/4/8/10G FC using Agilent Omiber, Spirent Smartbits and EXPO.
- Installed, configured and tested network planning tool, NMS/EMS client server applications and TL-1 client sever applications, SNMP v1/v2/v3 and its functionalities, MIBs, and Traps.
- Configured SNMP manager, v3 securities, community strings and monitored traps, TL-1 autonomous messages, and network performance (15mins & 24hr PM stats) on the network elements.
- Configured and validated data base back up and restore features on multiple NMS/EMS servers.
- Analyzed and resolved SW bugs, field issues, design failures working with the SW & HW engineers, field technicians to ensure defects are correctly fixed.
- Logged bugs, created report using clearquest and bugzilla and provide defect analysis to management.
- Validated transceivers like SFP, SFP+, XFP of SR & LR and data rates from 100Mb/s to 10Gb/s for SONET/SDH and Ethernet applications.
Confidential, Oakland, CA
Sr. Test Engineer
- Reviewed PRD and functional spec and developed and executed test plans and procedures .
- Worked closely with Cisco and other vendors to monitor company network performance.
- Set up lab environment to run test and configured IP address on multi vendor devices via CLI & SNMP.
- S et up VPN security for employees and coordinated with network administrator during implementation.
- Configured and troubleshooted DNS, DHCP and upgraded software files via FTP.
- Configured routing on Cisco 3640 series routers using OSFP, and RIP protocols.
- Trorubleshoot and debugged the networking issues and developed automated test scripts.
- Worked with wireshark tool to capture the packets at the time of debugging issues .
- Identified software bugs, recorded the defects, participated rootcause evaluation, defect analysis, and prepared test result document.
- Reproduced and resolved customer issues working with the SW development team, field technicians and NOC to ensure defects are correctly fixed, and incorporated into solutions.
- Involved in testing UDP/SNMP v1/v2/v3 network management, MIBs, traps to monitor performance.
- Involved in testing transceivers like SFP, SFP+, XFP of SR & LR and data rates from 100Mb/s to 10Gb/s for SONET/SDH and Ethernet applications.
Confidential, San Jose, CA
- Worked with PLM and developers to analyze PRD and features based on customer needs for verification.
- Developed and executed test plans to verify aspects and protocols of routers & switches.
- Installed routers, configured IP address, and setup various network configurations and test features.
- Configured and troubleshoot LAN/WAN infrastructure including routing protocols OSPF, and RIP.
- Maintained LAN/WAN networks with several VLANs and provided support for routing protocols.
- Configured and troubleshoot VLANs and L2 switching protocols STP, and RSTP.
- Worked with Wireshark tool to capture the packets at the time of troubleshooting issues.
- Determined the software defects, participated in defect analysis, provided technical analysis and solutions
- Ensured that network operations are safe by monitoring network performance and maintenance.
- Involved in testing cross functional and system performance for optical transport systems.
- Involved in setting up multi data rates OC-3-/STM-1, OC-12/STM-4, OC-48/STM-16, OC-192/STM-64, and GigEthernet, 10GbEthernet, 1/2/4/8/10G Fiber Channel on the optical transport systems.
- Installed and validated NMS/EMS client-server based application that manages product lines runs on Solaris and windows platforms.
- Involved in configuring UDP/SNMP v1/v2/v3 network management, MIBS, and Traps.
Confidential, Holmdel, NJ
System Verification Engineer
- Participated in PRD review and given features inputs to create a system engineering document based on new product requirements and software architectures.
- Developed and executed test strategies and plans f or DWDM, SONET/SDH transport systems.
- Identified software bugs, analyzed issues, recorded the defects and prepared test result document for the management to determine test success or failure.
- Installed optical transport system OLS 400G and WaveStar Lambda Xtreme ( 40 Gb/s channels offering 2.56 Tb/s capacities for a 500 km reach, the LH app is 10 Gb/s ch offering 1.28 Tb/s for a 2000 km reach, and the ULH app is 10Gb/s ch offering 1.28 Tb/s for a 4000km).
- Configured related topologies like p-to-p, uni and bi-directional rings, amplification, add/drop and protection using trunk interface modules, mux/demux channel filters, and repeaters.
- Built various test beds and s et up error free high speed optical transmission such as OC-3/STM-1, OC-12/STM-4, OC-48/STM-16, OC-192/STM-64, and 1/10/GbE using test Agilient Omiber, Spirent Smartbits 600/2000, and Xtreme 2.56 Tera Bit Transmission system (MC860) test equipments.
- Tested NMS/EMS SNMP web based clients GUI interface to the server and monitored traps and TCA alarms, and network performance stats .
Testing & Verification Engineer- Intern
- Worked with software engineers to identify and document functional interfaces and requirements to perform operational and performance testing at the module and overall system level.
- P articipated and given feedback for product requirement reviews, test cases development reviews, release notes reviews, operational guide reviews, and online help tutorial reviews.
- Developed test plans and troubleshooting procedures for SM, MMF connectors such as LC, SC, FC, MU.
- Tested DWDM 3 dB Fused Couplers, Fused 980 nm Couplers, Polarization-maintaining power Splitters, and Polarization Dependent Los (PDL), Insertion Los (IL), and Return Los (RL) on SM & MMF fibers.
- Worked with customer relations management team and customer certification test group to support customer issues.
- Analysed test results, bugs and prepared test document for the management to determine test success or failure and recorded the defects fond in the testing using the defect track software called ECO.
- Supported customers for optical components and fiber optic cables/connectors issues.