- Accomplished systems administrator with 23 years of experience managing server infrastructures and data - center operations across multiple platforms (Unix, Linux, Windows). Effectively designed, planned, installed, configured, and optimized IT engineering infrastructure to consistently achieve high availability and performance.
- Proven ability to create and deliver solutions tied to business growth, organizational development, and systems optimization. Skilled problem identifier and troubleshooter comfortably managing systems, projects, and teams in a range of IT environments.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
- Project Management
- Workflow Planning
- Excellent Communication Skills & Team Player
- Technical Support
- Systems Installation, Configuration & Upgrading
- Productivity Improvement
- Compliance Security Solutions
- Business Transformation
- OEM (Original Equipment Manufacturer) Patches & Updates
- Training & Mentoring
Senior Systems Administrator
- Key senior member in global CAD applications and licensing support across 128 engineering divisions.
- Implemented code server infrastructure and code panel application development that was deployed across multiple divisions utilizing MySQL.
- Deployed compliance system security for global licensing solutions. Ensured divisional licensing subscriptions, reporting to the divisions, and asset management.
- Responsible for Citrix administration (Xenserver), VMware, SCCM, WSUS, Microsoft office/Exchange, Enterprise Mcafee, Active Directory, Group Polices, DNS, DHCP, Shoretel VOIP, and thin client application support.
- Responsible for all vendors, contracts, capital justification, hardware life cycle, and software selection.
- Designed and implemented disaster recovery solutions for VMWare ESX, servers, and storage/backup operations.
- Responsible for data center operations, servers, end user clients, and applications support.
- Instrumental in deploying and administering mobile/thin client streaming applications.
- Led in-house consultant teams in various projects ranging from global licensing migrations, deployments, and consolidations. Also led backup, storage, server/client hardware, compliance, and numerous OEM customer initiatives.
- Directed OEM connectivity and OEM applications configuration for all major customers (Ford, GM, Chrysler, Nissan, Hyundai, Tesla, Volvo, VW, Jaguar) via Team Center and other various OEM applications.
- Revamped manual backup solution to NetBackup. Optimized system availability (averaging 99.9% uptime) and equipped the company with scalable systems that incorporated customer self-restorations of data.
- Successfully initiated and executed change management control for IT engineering infrastructure and helpdesk integration for all end user incident reporting, asset management, and application deployment.
- Collaborated and created an engineering template and procedure for deployment solutions for client desktops and laptops.
- Responsible for Orion systems integration and management of engineering infrastructure to maximize uptime, troubleshooting, and alert notifications.
- Evaluated and reconfigured company’s storage solution. Utilized Network Appliance storage solutions to effectively manage disk space, replication, and provide near line access for a robust and scalable solution.
- Expanded storage with Brocade archiving solutions to increase high data availability near line access.