Seeking a challenging Windows/ VMware System Engineer position with an organization where I can utilize my existing experience as well as gain new.
- Windows Server 2003/2008/2008 R2/ 2012
- Windows Clustering, IIS 6/7, WSUS, Hyper-V
- Active Directory
- SQL 2005/2008/2008 R2/2012
- VMware ESXi 3.5 5.5
- vSphere/vCenter 4/4.1/5.0/5.1/5.5
- VMware vCloud Director 5.5
- Quest vOPS Server Standard vFoglight Monitoring System
- HP Proliant and Blade Servers - BL 460c and DL 380/580 Series, HP System Insight Manager
- Cisco UCS B200 M3 Blade, B230 M2 Blade, B420 M3 Blade, B440 M2
- Powershell vSphere PowerCLI
- Disaster Recovery using - Legato, Avamar Backup and recovery solutions. EMC Symmetrix VMAX SRDF, EMC Clariion.
Windows VMware Systems Engineer / Architect
- Performed high-level planning, implementation and recommendation.
- Worked with the SAP Basis Team for Architecting the SAP Environment Hardware Specs, Application modeling, sizing and requirement analysis.
- Deployed a self provisioning Private Cloud for Avon using vCloud Director 5.5.
- Performed adaptive, preventive and corrective maintenance including application/infrastructure support, root cause analysis and problem resolution.
- Monitored system activity to quickly detect any problems related to system security, performance, or system failures in a timely fashion and meet SLA agreements and provide daily technical support and 24, 7 on-call support as well as weekend outage and miscellaneous tasks.
- Troubleshooting complex SQL 2005/2008 Database issues built on Physical and Virtual Windows 2003/2008 servers.
- Maintaining the VMware ESX environment Managing vSwitch, VLANs and Datastores
- Troubleshooting more than 100 ESX servers and over 2000 VMs, Virtual Center, HA,
- VMotion, DRS, SAN, vSwitch, VLAN and Datastore issues and day to day virtual machine performance issues.
- Involved in VMware updates manager to install troubleshoot patches and updates on ESXi hosts and virtual machines.
- Involved with designing and implementing VMware backup vRanger, EMC Avamar and monitoring products vFoglight and disaster recovery solutions.
- Primary support for the 6 monthly Disaster Recovery drill. Hands on experience with SRDF and Raw disk mappings.
- Maintaining the VMware VDI environment with 500 workstations
- Planning and executing Physical to Virtual migrations.
- Physical to Physical migrations using HP System Insight Manager.
- Configuring and Managing Firmware and Driver updates using HP SIM.
- Managed websites like Avon.com Public facing , Avoncompany.com Public facing , Insideavon.com internal , Conference.avon.com hosted using IIS.
- Planning backup and migration of data for decommissioned applications.
Windows System Administrator
- Managing, monitoring, implementing, problem handling and tweaking Windows Server 2003/2008/2008 R2.
- Managing large VMware Infrastructure - 100 hosts and 1500 virtual machines.
- Creating new VLANs on the VMware's Distributed Virtual Switch.
- Keeping track of Storage capacity by running reports on the VMware Infrastructure Datastores and updating the Storage team.
- Responsible for cloning/building new Virtual machines in the VMware environment and updating the Build Incidents.
- Monitoring the Application performance alerts using Quest Foglight and informing the responsible Teams.
- Responsible for planning P2V Physical to Virtual migrations, creating change requests and communicating with the Application Teams about application downtime, outage and backout tasks.
- Monitoring disk space on all Windows 2003/2008 servers and resolution of service or server restart incidents using Quest Foglight monitoring services.
- Responsible for setup of new servers including configuration of hard disk arrays using Hewlett Packard's Array Configuration Utility and application of server operating system image via BartPE and Symantec Ghost. Also responsible for iLO HP integrated Lights Out.
- Windows imaging on standalone servers - BartPE for Windows 2003 or LiteTouch Workbench for Windows 2008 .
- Addition of new systems into HP Systems Insight Manager including licensing application and certificate settings.
- Installation Configuration of Windows 2000 and 2003 Servers
- Responsible for backing up the data from 200 system computers using backup software.
- Handled functions related to new user account creation and deletion in Active Directory.
- Performed monthly Windows updates and patches using WSUS.
- Firmware upgrades for HP and Dell Servers.
- Analyzed and solved tricky network configurations and hardware/software issues.
- Documenting network diagrams and server build processes.
- Helped in maintaining the Asset Management Database.
Junior System Administrator
- Responsible for system administration including managing, monitoring, implementing, problem handling and tweaking Windows Server 2003.
- Maintaining weekly and monthly backups using tapes.
- Creating new user accounts and deletions from Active Directory.
- Performing monthly Windows updates and patches using WSUS.
- Firmware upgrades for HP and Dell servers - Dell 1800 Tower, 1U Rack, HP DL 140 G2, G3.
- Maintained Incident and Asset Management database.