- Senior Systems Engineer with excellent technical leadership in Technology, Business, Operations, Software Development Life Cycle and Solution Delivery Key participant in large enterprise projects with client in the High - Tech, Telecommunications, Supply Chain, Retail and Online Services industries. Proven ability to lead a team to solve problems and provide solutions to clients that lead to increased business value and revenue.
- Expert knowledge in managing large global OPS team and driving infrastructure service 24/7 globally.
- Proficient knowledge and experience in writing technical specifications and business documents for software development,deployment, application implementation and analysis.
- Knowledgeable in articulating a business problem, gather requirements and provide recommendations in a measurable and testable approach in a sustained/agile engineering effort, process and methodology.
- Proven track record of exceptional performance, high productivity and meeting tight deadlines.
- Fast learning and adaptive individual with great patience, creativity and dedication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively contribute to the success of a business with good decision making.
- Extensive IT support experience and familiar with change management processes (MOF,ITIL and PMP)
Automation tools: WTT, ASI, TPMS and different test and debugging tools.
Operating systems: Unix, Windows XP, Vista, Windows Server, Solaris, Win7
Applications: Microsoft Office Suite, Microsoft Visual Studio, Microsoft Product Studio, Windows OS
Confidential, Seattle, Washington
Senior Escalations /Systems Engineer
- Manage operations team that support high-availability, hosted applications in a 24*7 data center deployment.
- Leads operations projects scrums, sprint planning, reviews and application architecture meetings, effectively apply agile project methodologies.
- Provide monitoring, maintenance and escalation of on-call support of hosted application data center
- Manage a team of support, admin and engineers that make up the operations team effectively.
- Deploy network operations technologies like Splunk, F5 and cisco to troubleshoot issues for customers on AWS, Azure cloud and Active Directory/Exchange platforms.
- Familiar with Windows, Linux and Virtual environments for Data center planning and deployment
- Communicate regularly with development, testing and sales teams regarding expectation and awareness of projects/deliverables and make the necessary adjustments needed to achieve team goals.
- Manage project budget, scope and schedules and kept stakeholders updated on the project from start to finish.
- Work with the development team insuring scalability of applications can be maintained in our environment and provide automation and tools to streamline day to day activities and operations to be more efficient.
Confidential, Redmond, Washington
SQLSoft Systems Engineer
- Manage standardize the Microsoft Common Engineering Criteria (CEC) service OPS that establishes a common set of engineering requirements across Microsoft Cloud Infrastructure and Virtualization solutions server hardware/software products to help customers improve reliability and manageability while reducing total cost of ownership for Data center planning, deployment,estimation and implementation
- Responsible for global operations team driving Microsoft Infrastructure service and support 24/7 global team for technical services and management processes to ensure consistent delivery of services and support.
- Own internal tools to perform business application activities such as code deployments, patching and updates.
- Led technical support resource requiring high conversational level technical expertise across all Microsoft products in the CEC technology and provide input to the teams on product enhancement.
- Partner with TAM and the V-team to effectively manage hot issues including documented action plans to customers and delivered CEC specific training to product teams during on-boarding process.
- Manage a team of engineers responsible for a variety of operational activities including deploying code under release and change management processes and administer datacenter functions on technology and systems.
- Design and update a web reporting structure for CEC scorecards and create a central dashboard and status website where up to date CEC scorecards and other BI metrics of products can be seen on demand.
- Create automated processes and workflows for reporting framework, criteria submission and tracking, exemption request submission and tracking plus escalations, as well as scorecards updating and submission.
- Worked on industry initiatives with Microsoft clients and partners to increase the adoption of Microsoft server software and applications by making sure products are compactable with other products
Confidential, Redmond, Washington
- Tested enterprise build verifications, which are tests that are ran against all build that the Windows division build/driver teams create, designed to ensure that the OS installs, boots and is functioning properly.
- Supported all branches across Windows, serving as the highest quality gate of all automated tests.
- Triaged and reported results against Windows Experience feature build levels, handed off to the feature teams, provided reverse integration input to feature teams and resubmitted test runs when failures were due to infrastructure or needed to be escalated.
- Tasked with initial triage of aggregate and feature level driver runs that are submitted as part of the automated build process.
- Helped Microsoft ship Windows Vista SP1 Operating system which was an industry fix for Windows Vista which had all sort of performance and reliability issues for Microsoft customers and partners by working with various teams in Windows division to come bug fixes and patches.
- Planned, coordinated and released effective reverse integration schedules to avoid an enterprise build verification test failure which could result in the blocking of 30-40% of Windows users deployment
- Responsible for managing the release process for Windows driver update, analysis and release scope.
- Performed root cause analysis and troubleshooting for bug fixes and enhancements before code check in.
Confidential, Hillsboro, Oregon
Technical lead/Systems Engineer
- Provided quality, robust device drivers and system software integration to support motherboards/package.
- Part of team responsible for system integration and validation of digital embedded and Mobile products.
- Interfaced with Independent Hardware Vendors and Operating System Vendors such as Microsoft, original equipment manufacturers and drove support for new features in the Operating Systems and driver’s software.
- Coordinated with internal engineering teams and bring OS, BIOS, (WHQL) Windows hardware quality test and driver issues to closure by Independent software vendors and Data Center deployment for customers
- Managed Vista Operating System readiness program getting Intel products ready for Vista RTM/launch.
- Developed the test plan and performed compatibility testing on new Vista drivers.
- Drove post-RTM changes to Windows embedded components and drivers to solve customer issues.
- Responsible for managing the release process for Windows update, analysis and refinement of release scope.
- Ensured the integrity and completeness of driver and support of internal and external inquires.
Confidential, Morgan Hill, California
- Managed communications as well as coordinated the on-boarding of services, processes and systems.
- Worked directly with partners that ship connected media devices and other enterprise customers/devices.
- Setup modem, router, firewall and IP protocol based on infrastructure for telephony and internet client.
- Performed bug isolation, regression and ad-hoc testing, leveraging automation tools and process enhancement
- Wrote test libraries or tools that can be leveraged for testing different S/W and H/W product lifecycles
- Owned the deployment of exchange, network security patch and software from the backend services.
- Participated in review of dev/test deliverables to provide feedback and identify any potential issues.
Confidential, Newark, California
Technical OPS Systems Engineer
- Provided test release plans and bug reports to development engineers for software introduction.
- Offered accurate test documentations, including action plan on all cases and bugs to software engineers.
- Prepared and implemented product release analysis configuration and escalated issues properly.
- Analyzed user application requirements, offered corrective actions and process improvements.
- Worked with managers and Software Engineers to identify risks and recommended alternate action.
- Collaborated with engineers in designing SAN servers, Load Balancers and RAID Storage architectures.
- Facilitated business analysis for requirements gathering and documented functional specifications.
- Conducted data cleansing analysis for multiple software development projects and identified potential problems and flaws in methodologies for Data Center capacity planning, estimation and implementation