- Hands - on Information Technology professional specializing in Linux system administration, application and database support in an e-commerce environment.
- Expertise in supporting, deploying and upgrading servers in a high-volume, high-transaction environment.
Operating Systems: Linux (CentOS, Red Hat, & SUSE), Solaris, Windows 2003
Platforms: Dell, HP Itanium 64-bit Integrity, Intel x86, Sun SPARC
Database: Oracle, Microsoft SQL Server
Security: Security best practices on Solaris
Tools: Backup Exec, Big Brother, CVS, HP Openview Data Protector, Lotus Notes, Microsoft Office, Splunk, vi, Visio, VMware
Languages: Shell Scripting
Storage: Dell Compellent, EMC Clarion (CX and VNX), HP Storageworks
Confidential, Waltham, MA
Senior Systems Administrator
- Support the Red Hat and Suse infrastructure for Development, QA, Performance, and Stage in a mixed VMware and physical server infrastructure.
- Provide 24 x 7 on-call support.
- Support and maintain the backup infrastructure for Redhat, SUSE, and Windows.
- Install and support Oracle Real Application Clusters (both 9i and 10g) including RMAN backups and restores.
- Configure HP SAN and EMC CLARiiON CX3-20, CX4-240 & VNX5100.
Confidential, Boston, MA
Unix Systems Administrator / DBA Team Lead
- Provided systems management, patch assessment and installation, security management, and user administration support for 40 business critical Solaris systems as the team and technical lead. Installed and maintained the Solaris Operating system (versions 6, 7, 8, and 9) on the SPARC platform, including Sun Ultra 2, Ultra 5, v100, v120, e450, e5500 and Sun Fire v240, v440, and 6800.
- Managed heterogeneous environment of critical 24 x 7 productions systems, including Solaris, Windows 2000 & 2003 Server, and Linux Red Hat with HP SAN technologies XP512, MSA 1000 controllers, and MSA 30 disk shelves.
- Managed the Database Team; we provided the on-site and escalation support for Confidential Newspaper databases and rotational 24 x 7on-call support.
- Installed, administered and maintained SQL Server, MySQL, and Oracle databases including Oracle 10g Real Application Clusters (RAC).
- Developed and tested contingency plans for critical production systems to ensure business continuity of newspaper services during a disruption of service including disaster recovery.
- Set policies and procedures for systems support, monitoring compliance to Sarbanes-Oxley, and business continuity.
- Developed a comprehensive monitoring tool for application and systems uptime that incorporated notification software and metrics reporting.
- Supported web services for Confidential intranet and extranet sites on mixed platforms of Intel and SPARC running Apache, IIS, Iplanet, and Tomcat.
- Installed and supported IPMP, LDAP, Legato Networker, Samba, Sendmail, Solstice Disksuite, SSH, Veritas (including Netbackup, Volume Manger, VxFS, and VCS).
- Authored Service Level Agreements (SLAs) for IT services.