- To further the growth, efficiency, and success of the company by applying my extensive skills, trainings, and experience while gaining knowledge by pursuing new and emerging technologies.
Operating Systems: Microsoft Windows Server product line (2000, 2003, 2008), Microsoft desktop lineup (95/98/ME/NT/2000/XP/Vista/XP), Exposure to Novel Netware 5.0/5.1/6.0, Redhat Enterprise Linux Platforms, SUN Solaris
Server Software: Microsoft SQL Server (2000, 2005, 2008), Microsoft Systems Center Operations Manager, Microsoft ISA/Forefront servers, Microsoft Exchange (5.5, 2000, 2003, 2010), Solaris 10
Software: Microsoft Office Product line (2000,XP,2007,2010), McAfee & Symantec Anti - Virus, Install Shield, IBM Lotus Notes/Domino Server/Sametime Instant Messenger, Wildpackets, Wiresharkl, VMWare workstation, Symantec BackupExec/NetBackup
Hardware: Dell/ HP Servers, Sun SPARC systems, Cisco Catalyst/ISR product line, Cisco NEXUS Switches, Cisco VoIP products
Protocols: POP3, IMAPI, TCP/IP, IPX/SPX, ICMP, NetBIOS, NetBEUI, SNMP, DNS, SMTP, DHCP, BGP, IGMP, IGRP, EIGRP, RIP, OSPF, SSH, SSL, IPSec (ESP, AH, IKE) RADIUS, TACACS+, LDAP, Kerberos
Confidential, MassachusettsData Center Manager
- Responsible for the deployment of F5 Big - IP LTM and GTM modules of the appliance. The required task was global and local data center installation, and load balancing of custom application that were not serialized (within code) for HA or FT. F5 allowed for redirection of client requests towards separate Tomcat systems running front-end code for backend databases (Oracle & MySQL).
- Implementation required a redesign of the entire global network to migrate from a flat network to a VLSM hierarchy that allowed for simplicity as we as rapid deployment of new resources. Previous deployment of systems within the five (5) environment required 4 weeks of vetting - by moving to VLSM and integrated VLAN tagging this was reduced to 1 week depending on IQ/OQ documents being produced.
- Custom iRULE (TCL) language was developed to route client requests based on analysis of the particular application protocols to the appropriate destination. Static vs. dynamic vs. intensive server load was taken into consideration before the request was routed toward the appropriate endpoint resource.
- Migration and re-configuring of Cisco ASA, Cisco Catalyst, EMC SAN, VMWare running on Dell blade, license upgrades, Riverbed appliances/devices was required. Tasks were accomplished while working as part of a three (3) person team.
Confidential, Boston, Massachusetts
Data Center Manager
- Responsible for the management and health of 8 global datacenters, with over 450 physical servers running VMWare and 2,000 virtual servers. Implemented Cisco 6500 and Nexus 1000V and 7000 switches.
- Migrated and upgraded standalone servers via P2V and upgraded the entire environment from ESX3 to vSphere 5.0. Converted data storage from local to iSCSI SANs using HP storageworks and EMC as the primary vendors.
- VMWare tasks included provisioning and management of storage, high-availability and fault tolerance features, iSCSI multipathing configuration, vApps and distributed resource policies to conform to management defined SLAs.
- Configured DPM in conjunction with the HP DL family of servers to implement power savings of $58,000 monthly.
- Primary architect for the Fixed Mobile Convergence development platform. Interconnected multiple international offices and labs via MPLS and VoIP VPNs. Responsible for the configuration of various carrier grade softswitches and PRI circuits. Implemented and managed the complete end-to-end infrastructure which included mobile OTA provisioning, various server platforms and data & voice transport systems. Provided and conformed to SLA requirements via QoS, PBR, CAR, MPLS tagging and various queuing and WAN optimization technologies.
- Tasked with the integration of industrial control systems (ICS) for Verizon’s green energy initiative. Worked as part of a team for the development an automated building environmental management network.
- Administered and deployed internal SmartGrid (MDM) meter-data-management system by integrating IP enabled meters for remote management and device provisioning. Worked with industry leading providers of SmartGrid solutions to design an infrastructure capable of aggregating data from 10 million IP enabled meters; and then integrate into Tier 1 CaaS data centers.
- Re-designed internal lab data center to increase capacity and efficiency. Decreased internal power consumption by 70% by using virtualization technologies by Citrix, SUN, VMWare and Microsoft. Computing capacity was increased by 2,000%. Migrated isolated data silos into a SAN by using storage network protocols.
- Deployed mult-story Aruba network Wi-Fi network for FMC and end-user community access. Utilized wi-fi concentrators and controllers in concert with Cisco MARS rouge RF spectrum analyzers to identify and isolate un-authorized APs
- Implemented disaster recovery plans by sourcing requirements from management on recovery time objectives, and outage window minimums. Setup a high availability, self-healing, fault tolerant environment capable of withstanding both hard and soft failures.
- Member of a team that used data sourced from Verizon’s internal FIOS network to preemptively and predictively notify utilities of power outages. Designed a system based on project requirements for a high capacity system capable of gathering and analyzing millions of records in real-time.
Senior Network Engineer
- Performed wireless site survey for campus students
- Implemented 802.11b and 802.11g wireless technology
- Secured these networks with wireless VLANs, 802.1x, and WEP