Systems administrator and analyst with more than 20 years of comprehensive experience including managing IT projects and IT support. With a proven ability as a leader, I have gained extensive experience in desktop and user support, helpdesk management and computer operations. With key skills in multi tasking, excellent oral and written communications and displaying a positive and professional attitude, I have demonstrated success in identifying deficiencies, potential opportunities, and developing innovative and cost - effective solutions for enhancing competitiveness and improving customer satisfaction.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with clients and colleagues
- Ability to deal with cultural diversity in the workplace
- Exceptional organizational and time management skills
- Ability to communicate effectively with people of different ages and backgrounds
- Team orientated and results driven
- Solid problem solving and analytical skills and development
Desktop Support User Support Windows Server R Windows Server 2003 Windows 7 Windows XP Windows N.T. 4.0 Windows2000 Quality Assurance Reporting Support and Communication Active Directory MS Visio 2007 MS Office Suite
Hardware: IBM X series 346 servers (file servers), Dell Power Edge 2850, HP G4p server, IBM 8171 standard workstations and Gateway 5.5 workstations
Software: Microsoft Windows® operating systems for Windows NT 4.0, Windows 2000, Windows XP and Active Directory
Core Competencies: Network & Systems Security; Business; Data Integrity/Recovery; Disaster Recovery Planning; Contingency Planning;
Networking: TCP/IP, Ethernet
Tools: LAN Manager, Symantec Firewall and Symantec Ghost Cast Server 8.0, Symantec Virus Protection Utilities, Microsoft Office 2007 (including Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft PowerPoint®, Microsoft Access, and Microsoft Outlook®), Microsoft Project 2007, Microsoft Visio 2007 and Microsoft FrontPage®
Confidential, Fairfax, Virginia
- Responsible for overseeing and identify all day to day service desk operations.
- Considered expert regarding computer requirements, techniques and procedures.
- Collaborate with external auditors to conduct in-depth compliance audits and penetration testing
- Knowledge of security policy and procedures.
- Provide premium IT services to senior management and support staff.
- Recognized as the technical expert for software, hardware and peripherals as well as operating systems.
- Serves as primary point of contact for all task and support services
- Act as the recognized senior system administrator pertaining to subject matter including the incident, escalation, and resolution of helpdesk request.
- Coordinate with management and service support groups across organizational boundaries regarding frequent and reoccurring technical issues.
- Responsible for halting a server room renovation by introducing alternative variables that long term would have violated OSHA code
- Recruited to establish and manage enterprise-wide information-security program
- Recognized for outstanding leadership and served as acting senior system administrator for a six month period
- Implemented a redundant heating ventilation and air conditioning unit (HVAC) as a backup unit to prevent heat related stress failure for servers, router and switches
- Hand selected employees to analyze all critical systems and developing reports to document systems vulnerabilities, and recommending appropriate solutions
- Created company policies and procedures governing corporate security, email and Internet usage, access control, and incident response
- Expertise in configuring, installing and troubleshooting: print server, printers, plotters and network cards
- Coordinated hardware and software installations and upgrades to ensure work was performed in accordance with company policy and changes were in accordance with appropriate operating procedures monitored troubleshooting and provided recommendations and resolutions
- Configured, installed and upgraded hardware and software interface with the operating systems
- Troubleshoot connection problems including user access and component configuration
- Part of a large team of technical analyst responsible for database administration to ensure connectivity and compatibility between systems
- Experienced in customizing computer systems for enhancing the users satisfaction
- Assisted to improve processes and workflow
- Managed and maintained print servers and all peripherals equipment including;
- Scanner, Network Xerox copiers, HP 9200 digital scanners, Lexmark, Samsung, Plotter and HP Printers
- Configured, installed, and upgraded hardware and software interface with the operating systems
- Managed networking and database administration to ensure connectivity and compatibility between systems
- Mentored new analysts to meet schedule proficiency needs
Confidential, Washington, DC
Operations Center Manager
- Evaluated HVAC systems and implemented changes to conserve energy
- Supervised four dispatchers and three computer operators
- Reviewed, modified and implemented programming changes to building automation system to ensure efficient and effective system operations
- Prepared financial expenditure for 23 commercial office buildings and 1 apartment complex totaling over six million square feet
- Supervised the usage of four energy management software systems that were responsible for the heating, ventilation and air conditioning of all the 23 commercial office buildings
- Trained staff and developed and responsibility parameters for continual operation
- Performed backup and restoration of critical system files including the maintenance of archives
- Worked alongside energy management software developers to create a program that reduces operation costs following a rolling electrical power brown-out (A mandatory curtailment of electrical power due to high usage demand)