- A Resourceful, quick learner with excellent problem - solving skills and a proven ability to prioritize multiple requests for services and resources.
- Extensive working knowledge of Windows Server NT/2000/2003; hardware and software installations; maintenance; Windows data migration, new server builds, and deployment.
- Expert knowledge of Desktop Windows O/S including performance tuningsecurity, desktop support including hardware and software applications, command line scripting and various remote control tools and desktop utilities.
Hardware: Dell Server Hardware; DLT / DLT1/LTO2 Backup tape drives, miscellaneous, PC hardware, Laptops/Notebooks.
Operating Systems: Windows Server NT/2000/2003, Microsoft Vista (RC), Windows NT, Workstation, Windows 2000 Professional, Windows XP, Windows 9x, DOS and OS/2.
Software: Microsoft Office Suite 2000/2003, Windows NTBackup, Symantec AntivirusMicrosoft SUS/WSUS, Microsoft Resource Kits NT/2000/2003/XP.
- Recommending backup solutions
- Download & install Windows updates
- Install new software or hardware
- Suggesting low-cost ways to upgrade disk storage and memory.
- Identifying security vulnerabilities such as outdated virus definitions, the absence of firewall software, and lack of e-mail filters etc.
- Set up user accounts, access controls, & passwords
- Uninstall unwanted programs
- Optimize settings & clean-up system for peak performance
- Cleaning out system clutter and eliminating unnecessary files..
- Organizing files on hard drives by defragmenting files.
Confidential, Pennington, NJ
Network Administrator / Desktop Support Specialist
- Primary responsibility is for a timely response to individual users who are experiencing IT problems including the investigation and resolution of hardware, software, networking or communication problems and issues.
- Installed, upgraded and maintained the facility’s server, server peripherals, server applications and operating systems including Windows NT Server, Windows 2000 Server and Windows 2003.
- Responsible for routine server maintenance, monitoring, anti-virus, backups, perform restore requests, and correct & restart backup failures.
- Managed, operated and supported Local Area Network operations, including Active Directory, Group Policy, DNS, WINS and DHCP.
- Install, upgrade, and configure network printing, user’s network accounts, directory structures, security rights and files services.
- Implemented and managed patching solutions for Servers and Desktops on-site and at three other facilities.
- Developed scripts to automate (schedule) support processes; software distribution; Windows backups (saving the district $15,000 without having to by expensive backup software); Windows services backups and routine server maintenance.
- Provided desktop support for laptops, desktops, printers and peripherals on Windows NT, Windows 2000 and Windows XP platforms including profile management.
- Installed, upgraded and maintained the facility’s desktop application software utilizing packaging applications and command line scripting.
- Created software images for desktops and laptop computers and deployed using Symantec Ghost.
- Provided first line systems support for voice and data communication to all Confidential of Confidential 's locations, assuring that system down time is minimized.
- Monitored telecommunications software (Meridian Voice Mail & Nortel PBX Telephone systems); conducted T1 and ISDN line checks; tested CSU/DSU switches; and monitored power surges.
- Coordinated all PC and hardware installations with Facilities Management.
- Rotated tapes; assured network, WAN and RS-6000 backups were completed successfully.
- Installed and maintained all file server applications; adding new users as required.
- Assured system data security. Assisted in coordinating and scheduling user applications training.
- Provided user Help Desk support - trouble-shot PC and phone system problems; performed diagnostics and made repairs.
- Contacted maintenance contract vendors for repairs.