- Storage Architect with 13+ years of professional IT consulting experience with 9+ years in the Storage & Backup arena focusing on Confidential Tivoli Storage Manager and Confidential Storage, Brocade and Cisco SAN Environments.
- Proven consulting skills in managing, designing, planning and implementing Backup and Storage solutions comprising various Confidential modules to clients from Fortune 100 companies.
- Experienced in transforming customer business requirements into a comprehensive solutions using the appropriate methods, tools, and technologies.
- Experienced in integrating Confidential modules Tivoli Data Protection of Databases, TDP for VMWare, Tivoli Flash Copy Manager, Total Storage Productivity Center (TPC).
- Experienced in design and supporting EMC Networker, Data Domain and Avamar Technologies.
- Managed environments with Networker, Avamar and Data Domain technologies.
- Specialization in Storage Administration & Virtualization, Exposure to Confidential Tivoli Storage Manager, SVC, Confidential SAN, TPC, Cisco & HDS SAN environments and have design and implementation of Data Domain DD880g.
- Built from scratch many highly effective, highly efficient, large Confidential environments.
- Managed largest Confidential environment so far with simultaneous growth to 50 Confidential instances, 28 Confidential Library managers, 4 large 3500 Tape libraries with all hardware equally duplicated between two production datacenters and two hot Confidential DR sites including remote tape vaulting.
- Proven ability to work with multi cultural teams, lead 30+ backup team, and 15+ team located onsite, offshore - India.
- Managed all aspects of solution delivery as a Solution Architect, Lead Consultant and as functional expert.
- Presented recommendations and Confidential architectures that provide fast backups and equally fast restore.
- Achieved high level customer satisfaction through timely delivery of proposals, implementations, resolutions, blueprints both from customer and offshore locations.
- Recently received appreciation from top level management at Confidential for attending major critsits with fast resolutions and helped in winning the deals for the customers.
- Excellent Design & Implementation skills, ed special performance at Confidential and at various client locations for achieving time bound targets and maintaining excellent rapport with the client and relevant business units
Operating Systems: Confidential AIX, Linux (Red Hat, Caldera, Suse & Debian), SUN Solaris, FreeBSD, SCO UNIX, MS WindowsNT/2000, HP-Unix
Storage: Confidential Tivoli Storage Manager V4, V5, V6 DS4500, DS8000, Brocade, Mcdata & Cisco SAN Switches, SVC (SAN Volume Controller), DD880G, TS7650G, High Availability Clustering on Redhat Linux Advanced Server 2.1
Hardware Platforms: Confidential X245, X345, X440, X445 and Pseries Servers Sun Ultra and Enterprise Series Servers (E420, E250, Ultra series)
Tape Drives and Libraries: Ultrium, DLT stand alone/Library, DAT, LTO and LTO2 Confidential 4560SLX, Optical Library, 3494ATL, 3584ATL, TS7510, TS7520, TS7530, TS7650G, DD880G
Internetworking: Web Server - Apache, MS IIS, DNS, NIS, NFS, LDAP, EmailServer-Sendmail, Exchange, POP3, IMAP, Samba, Proxy Server - Squid, Gateway, IP Chain, IPtables, FTP, Dialup Server/Client, TCP/IP,SSH and SFTP, Check Point Firewall(CPNG), IPSec
Database: Oracle DB and Confidential DB2 Installation and Basic Administration, MySQL, Postgressql
Storage Solution Architect and Backup Consultant
Systems Involved: Tivoli Storage Manager V5 and V6 3494ATL, 3584ATL,RS6000, Confidential AIX 5.1 and 4.3, DS6000, DS8000, ESS 800, DS4300, Mcdata & Brocade SAN Switches, Netapp Gfilers, Hitachi SAN, SVC (San Volume Controller), TPC 3.3.2, Confidential, DD880G, TS7650G, Storwize V7000
- Working as and Technical Solutions Architect for Confidential with Storage team, design and Implementation of Backup Environment with TSM.
- Took part and solved major critsits and received appreciations from the customer.
- Involved in the Backup & Storage Infrastructure optimization projects for major telecom customers.
- Engaged in the different presale discussions and played major role in winning deals.
- Performed Storage and backup assessments and provided recommendations which helped clients in optimizing their environments for above customers .
- The entire backup data of the Production site will get replicated to DR site through TSM.
- Responsible for supporting the Confidential devices and Confidential Brocade switches through which the entire data gets replicated to the DR site.
- Responsible for Brocade SAN Directors M48000 through which all the Lanfree backups has been configured by using the VTLs TS7510,7520,7530.
- Presented recommendations and Confidential architectures that provide fast backups and equally fast restore.
- These same set of recommendations can support multithreaded restores and backups, storage pools and types of data to be stored within the storage pools to take advantage of efficient reclamations.
- Designed and built from scratch highly effective, highly efficient, Confidential environments.
- Worked in the migration of KDC1&2 datacenters to Confidential Datacenter
- Replicated backup data from Production to DR by using High Speed Cisco LAN Switches and Confidential Hardware.
- Established Process and Procedures since the environment has been migrated from different architecture to the current architecture.
- Layout efficient admin schedules to manage the Confidential backend and data movement within Confidential as well as the schedules to manage the client backups and Confidential loading.
- Clients included but not limited to the installation of LAN-free clients and LAN-free windows clusters.
- The above environments also consist of Confidential for Databases like Oracle, MSSql and FlashCopy Manager with Dataprotection for Exchange Servers.
- Provided experts advise while designing and installing these environments.
- Worked with all versions of Confidential up through 6.2 but specializing in versions up to 5.5.
Backup and Storage SME
- Worked in the transition process of Confidential.
- Working on Confidential AIX, RS6000 servers with Confidential installed with more than 3000 nodes connected to those servers.
- Working on Storage Libraries like 3494 & 3584 ATL and VTLs also.
- Supported AIX Servers with SSA disks and Fast’s connected to those servers.
- Experienced in Troubleshooting Tivoli Storage Manager Servers and Clients.
- Experienced in Installing, Configuring and troubleshooting TDP for Oracle, SQL, and my SAP
- Experienced in troubleshooting TDP for Exchange and Domino.
- Involved in setting up Confidential Client environment with DB2 Database.
- Experienced in setting up Confidential for Advanced Copy Services.
- Worked on Problem and Change management tools like CPMA, manage Now, Remedy etc.,
- Worked on maintenance of DR and Production sites for TSM
- Have done performance tuning of BPebhs Confidential Server, which involves Load & Unload of the database, restructuring the Confidential Database and log Volumes.
- Worked on Confidential environment where Library Manager and Library Client Architecture has been setup.
- Worked on Disaster Recoveries which has been performed in lot of environments of Tivoli Storage Manager.
- Implemented a Configured Confidential Server with Disk pool, Primary Tape Storage and Copy Storage Pool with DRM modules & SAN environment in GSBC project.
- Lead a team of 19 people, helping them technically and process wise in all the technologies and accounts they are supporting.
- Helped the team to successfully complete AIX & Confidential upgrades to latest level and make sure that all the servers are complaint.
- Participated in the Defect Prevention Project of Confidential and reduced the backup failures in the Confidential environment.
- Identified the performance issues on the Confidential Servers Database in the Confidential environment and fixed them successfully.
- Worked on RSATSM ebhs SSADisks upgrade which involves removing the complete Confidential database and restoring the database from the scratch.
- Worked on alerting project, this is having implementing TEC alerting on all the Confidential Servers. And made sure that all the servers we are supporting in complaint with alerting.
- Worked on mailing issues on all the servers wherever there is a mailing problem.
- Configured Confidential SAN, Netapp Gfilers and Administering & Configuring Mcdata & Brocade SAN Switches
- Worked on the RFS work in IGA environment where there is allocation of 2 TB of LUNs from DS8000.
- Designed and Configured Confidential DS8300 storage at Vodafone.
- Worked as a Functional manager for Paloma BUR Team supporting 14 accounts and 35 Confidential Servers.
Systems Involved: Aix 5.3, 5.2, 5.1IBM DB2 8.1 and 7.2, Tivoli Storage Manager 4.1, 5.1 and 5.2, Red hat Linux Advance Server 2.1, Confidential Servers X-Series and P- Series,RS6000, Confidential MQSeries 5.1, 5.2 and 5.3, Confidential HTTP Server 1.3.12.
- Worked on Intel Based Confidential Servers like x440 and x345 running on Red hat Linux AS.2.1 with Db2 and Web sphere with Confidential.
- Good Working Knowledge in Configuring designing Tivoli Storage Manager for different environments.
- Worked on implementing failover technology with Linux Clustering on Confidential X440 servers using Red hat Linux Advanced Server 2.1.
- Used Policy domains, policy sets, management class, storage pools while Designing the Confidential for all the countries.
- Configured Confidential for taking Db2 backup which is running on Linux, which is a core banking database in Confidential .
- Worked in Configuring Confidential for taking backup from SAN.
- Configured Confidential Server for taking backup into SCSI libraries with LTO and LTO2 drivers like Confidential 4560slx and Optical Library.
- Worked in configuring Confidential for Confidential On demand Content Manager Server.
- Experience in configuring and expiring the backups and running reclamation on the storage pools for all the countries for the respective time and date.
- Having good working knowledge in the implementation Confidential Fastt600 and fastt200 with Exp400 SAN configuration with raid10 EXP 600
- Implemented Samba for file sharing in the Confidential.
- Good exposure in implementing clustering on Linux with DB2.
- Experienced in Leading a team consists of 6 members for Rolling out Ibanking of Confidential Bank for the MESA Region
- Worked on the Ibanking project for countries like UAE, Bahrain, Pakistan, which includes technologies like Confidential MQSeries, Confidential WCS Server with Confidential HTTP Server
- Worked on Virtual hosting using Confidential HTTP Server.
- Experienced in configuring Confidential MQ Series for remote queuing, local queuing and worked on MQSI which is used for publish and subscribe.
- Exposure in creating Message flows and deployment of a Message flow using MQSI.
- Experienced in configuring and maintaining Confidential MQ Servers on AIX and Linux.
- Working on banking project, this has to be implementing with Confidential Web sphere commerce server, Confidential HTTP Server, and Confidential MQSeries on Confidential AIX Servers.
Systems involved: Sun Solaris 2.8, Sun Netra T1, Sun E-250 Server, Linux Redhat 6.1, 6.2, 7.1, 7.3 windows NT4.0 and Windows 2000 Professional, Cisco 2612 Router, Checkpoint NG, Confidential Tivoli Storage Manager 5.1
- Administered Mail server like Sendmail on Sun E-250.
- Administered firewalls like Cisco Checkpoint firewall on Sun Netra T1.
- Maintained Cisco router 2600 and Cisco Switches 2950.
- Administrated Windows 2000 server.
- Provided Desktop support to all the users having Windows2000 professional, Windows XP.
- Vendor Interaction and Taking Backups of Solaris and windows servers.
- Maintained servers with Redhat Linux 8.0 7.3 7.2 which are configured with NFS and NIS.
Systems involved: Sun Solaris 2.8, 2.6, and 2.5, Sun Ultra 10 Workstation, Linux Redhat 6.1, 6.2, 7.1,7.3 windows NT4.0 and Windows 2000 Professional, Cisco 2612 Router .
- Configured and administering servers and gateways on Linux, Sun Solaris 2.8 and 2.7 and Windows NT.
- Installed, Configured and administered Linux gateways with IPChains as firewalls and IPSec for VPN with NAT and IPMasquerading.
- Installed, Configured and administered fileservers on Solaris and Linux with Linux Software Raid with DNS, DHCP, Samba, NIS, and NFS.
- Configured and administered Apache Web server with SSL module, mason implementation with PHP, Perl, MySQL, Virtual Hosting on Apache, FrontPage extensions and Accesscontol on Apache
- Configured and administered MailServers like Sendmail, Postfix, IMAP and POP3.
- Implemented Firewalls like IPChains on the Gateways and For accessing fileserver from outside with redirecting ports on the Gateway by using the secure tools like SSH, Sftp from outside.
- Implemented Version Controlling Systems on UNIX like CVS (Concurrent Versioning Systems).
- Implemented Samba Server on Linux and Solaris for accessing UNIX server from Windows Desktops.
- Dual booting on Sun Ultra 10 machine with Sun Solaris 2.8 and 2.7.
- Implemented NIS, NFS, DNS on the Sun Solaris 2.8 and 2.7.
- System Administration of Windows NT 4.0 and Windows 2000 Desktops.
- All workstations configured for Database, E-Mail, Intranet and Print Services.
- Worked in the project for Inter office connectivity by using VPN.
- Installed Oracle database on Solaris and HP-UX
- Installed Confidential MQSeries on different platforms like Solaris, Windows, Linux, and HP-UX.
- Configured and Administered application servers like Apache with Tomcat-Jakarta with Backend database like PostgresSql for running servlets and JSP.
- Configured and installed IPMasquerading with Squid as Proxy with ACL (Access Control Lists).