- Sr. Linux/SAN Administrator in the Major financial firms over 15 years
- Data Center Migration, Clone Existing system/SAN to a New Environment;
- OS Install/Upgrade using kickstart(cobbler)/Bladelogic/JET(Flash + Jumpstart Enterprise Toolkit);
- Cluster Build/Maintenance (VMWareHA/VCS/RAC/HACMP) in Linux/Solaris/Aix platforms;
- Volume management - Vxvm/SVM/LVM2/Smartarray(HP);
- Hands on with Disaster Recovery Simulation via EMC SRDF/VVR operation;
- Storage Upgrade and Migration in the Production environment via Open Migrator/replicator;
- System automation and Tuning via Perl, Shell scripts;
- Network DNS/NIS/NFS/Autofs;
OS: Linux(Red Hat), Solaris, AIX
Storage: EMC(VMAX/DMX), Hitachi, Netapp
Languages: Bash, Perl, Python
Databases: Oracle, Sybase
Sr. Linux/Storage Administrator
Confidential, New Port, NJ
- Advanced Support(Level III) of HA/SR(Sustained Resilience) in 6000 Cluster environment, Including RAC, VCS, HACMP(AIX), VMWareHA and Sun Cluster;
- Massive server provisioning, OS patching/upgrade via Cobbler(Spacewalk)/bladelogic;
- Data Replication via OS(VVR, Mirror) and Array(Open Migrator/Open Replicator);
- Server/Storage virtualization, ESX, Ldom/zone, VIO(AIX), VMAX Virtual Provisioning;
- Storage Migration and Upgrade from IBM/DMX/STK/Clarrion to VMAX via symclone,Open Replicator etc;
- Storage Lun provitioning to Linux/Solaris platforms, SAN software Implementaion, Solution Enabler/Powerpath/MPxIO/HBA Drivers;
- Cluster Building and Maintenance, RAC/VCS/SC/VMWareHA etc;
- RMAN Backup for Trading servers from VMAX Lun to Tape via symclone;
- Disaster Recovery Simulation via EMC SRDF/Symclone/Open Replicator, VVR;
- System performance Tuning, lowering latency, NIS, DNS Sendmail, Automount, Samba etc;
- Disk Logical Volume managemt via LVM2/VXVM, SVM and HP smart array;
- System automation via Bash, Perl scripts;
Sr. Solaris/Linux/SAN Administrator
Confidential, Park Ave, NY
- Level III Support of production system in a large global Bank/Market environment;
- Manage Projects: Data Center Migration; OS Upgrade from solaris for all Utility/DB/WEB/App. servers; Annual Disaster Recover Simulation Via SRDF operation; Storage upgrade from Symmetrix to DMX, Migrate file server from VCS to Netapp etc:
- Install/Upgrade OS via JET(Jumpstart EnterpriseToolkit)/kickstart, Clone OS plus Application, third party middleware and utilities;
- Design and Build Veritas/Sun Cluster for the key applications and utilities in solaris and Linux(RHEL-4) platforms;
- Simulate Disaster recovery Via SRDF and Veritas for all utility, database, WEB and App. servers;
- Restore service under high pressure after disaster happened based on Cluster setup and SRDF function - Reestablish ;
- Upgrade EMC Storage from symmetrix to DMX; Zone/mask devices, configure switches -Mcdata, Cisco and Brocade, zone and mask storage devices;
- Maintain DNS/NIS/NFS/Autofs for variety applications, such as WEB server, oracle and Sybase etc, Participate Network services;
- Implement server virtualization, Ldom/zone, VMware, Develop “Tenmplate/Vdisk” for Sun sparc processor in the Datacenter Migration;
- Tune the system kernel params in the fields of Network, FS, SAN etc;
- Migrate Sybase/Oracle from Solaris to Linux.;
- Code scripts in Bourne shell, ksh and Perl to automate system/storage admin, such as SAN connections, EMC CLI report, Asset Center update etc.
- Design and Implement Sun Cluster version 1.0, 2.2 and 3.0 running Solaris 2.6 and 2.8 with Shared Storage, install and configure cluster software, cluster volume manager.
- Manage project, such as HA solution, Autosys application, Service Center etc.
- Participate in E10K Cluster 2.2 setup, including SSP (system service processor), domain planning, OPS (Oracle Parallel Server) with Large scale storage.
- Configure SAN for SUN storages D1000, A5x00, EMC Symmetrix 8340, Powerpath, SRDF BCV.
- Maintain disk space via Veritas Volume Manager, VxFS in Cluster Nodes.
- Install, Configure, HP OpenView for a large distributed environment (450 Servers) consisting of Unix, Mainframe, NT Servers, Routers and External Servers outside DTCC.
- Tune system kernel, network and Performance via Measureware and PerfView.
- Develop scripts in Bourne shell, ksh, Perl and TCL to automate tasks, such as page/email program in ksh, Cronjobs in Perl and trouble Ticket process in TCL etc.
Unix SA / Programmer
Confidential, New York
- Plan and Manage Unix system resource on the platforms file system and disk space.
- Control source code version for the Safehull Project; Convert Safehull source code
- Back-up Data, maintain and monitor system and application.
- Troubleshoot problems and assisting the end-user with both real and perceived problems