- Seeking a challenging position in the field of Computer Science/Quality Assurance within a technical organization that will utilize my education, professional expertise and will provide strong opportunity for my future career growth.
- Experienced in Quality Assurance Tester role on analyzing business requirements, software requirement specification to create test plan and test case for both Manual and Automated Testing and validate the requirements.
- Experience soliciting business requirements for large - scale systems applications on web-based systems.
- Experience applying requirements analysis techniques to identify user needs for IT systems or software applications.
- Experience documenting business requirements for large-scale systems applications on web-based systems and client server application.
- Experience coordinating business requirements elicitation and documentation efforts for large IT projects.
- Extensive experience in Black Box, Integration, Performance, Stress, Functional, System, Regression, and User Acceptance Testing (UAT).
- Ability to perform validation test design, execution, tracking, evaluation and documentation for IT systems or software applications.
- Experience creating manual test scripts using Quick Test Professional (QTP).
- Experience creating manual test scripts from artifacts such as requirements and design documentation.
- Proficient in developing test artifacts such as Test Strategies, Test Plan, Test Case, Test Script, Test Data and maintaining the Requirement Traceability Matrix (RTM).
- Fluent in using testing tools like Test Director/Quality Center, Quick Test Professional, LoadRunner, JIRA, Clear Quest, and PVC Tracker.
- Expert in both Manual and Automation testing with the use of Descriptive programming, Shared Repository, Reusable Functions and Test Frameworks.
- Expertise in identifying, reporting and retesting defects using Test Director/Quality Center, Clear Quest.
- Strong skills in RDBMS backend testing using SQL queries, generating reports to ensure data integrity and validating business rules.
- Experienced in testing Web Based and Client Server applications compiled in JAVA/J2EE, DOTNET.
- Knowledge and experience with end-to-end systems development life cycle methodologies.
- Experience in writing business, data, and system software requirements, taking responsibility for the creation of all analysis, traceability, and validation documentation required throughout the life cycle.
- Excellent team building skills in working with all levels of staff and management in leading projects, developing and communicating standards and procedures and directing problem resolution.
- Excellent interpersonal and writing skills.
- Skilled facilitator, able to gain cross-departmental consensus; understanding, translating, and communicating business, system and data requirement.
- Ability to use analytical and problem solving skills in order to be able to work with problems using technical knowledge to determine resolution strategies aligned to business needs.
- Evaluate the information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, and decompose high-level information into details.
- Able to work independently, or as a team member.
- Ability to work on several small to medium projects at once, manage details, plan and execute effective follows through and meet deadlines.
- Proven skill in writing C/C++, Visual Basic, VBScript, MYSQL, PL/SQL, HTML, and XHTML.
- Experience in EDI with X12 standard for 834 and 820.
QA Test Tools: Test Director, Quality Center, Quick Test Pro, Load Runner, WinRunner, Clear Case, Clear Quest, Rational Tester, and Performance Tester
Defect Tracking Tools: Quality Center, Rational Clear Quest
Requirement Tools: QC, Requisite Pro, SharePoint
Software Applications: MS Office, MS Project, Visio
Relational Databases: Oracle, SQL Server, MS-Access, TOAD, DB2
Web Development: J2EE, XML, HTML, Dream weaver, CSS, DHTML, Flash5, and Fireworks
Languages: C, C++, C#, XML, SQL, HTML, XHTML, PHP, PL/SQL, Scheme, Assembly Language, OpenGL
Confidential, Linthicum - Maryland
Senior Applications Systems Tester
Environment: Windows, Rational Quality Manager, JIRA, Rational Functional Tester, Rational Performance Tester, SOAPUI, UNIX, Java, XML, PL/SQL, notepad++, EDI
- Analyze operational business flows, business requirements, write test plans, test cases, execute automated and manual test cases, and log defects.
- Report, track, and resolve defects and issues in the integrated applications.
- Conducts technical discussion with the external entities to understand their system and impacts on project systems operations.
- Develop and maintain Requirement Traceability Matrix to ensure comprehensive test coverage of the requirements.
- Perform Black Box Testing, Functional Testing, Ad-Hoc Testing, Smoke Testing, GUI Testing, Boundary Testing, Beta Testing, Regression Testing, Integration Testing, Positive and Negative Testing.
- Communicate defects encountered during regression test and followed up with developers until all issues were resolved.
- Identify significant components functionality to perform Regression Test ensuring business priority.
- Attend walkthrough meeting with the Business Analysts, Project Managers, and developers and provided feedback accordingly.
- Create various testing documentation, including test plans, test cases, test scenarios, test metrics, and defect reports.
- Using SOAPUI (Simple Object Access Protocol User Interface ) tool, test web services bases system with minimal to no user interface.
- Perform EDI (Electronic Data Interchange) transactions with the vendor for 834 and 820 followed by X12 standards, particular X12 Companion guide.
- Prepare test scenarios with complete sets of test cases for the stakeholders testing.
- Automate the test cases using rational functional tester tool.
- Perform performance testing using rational performance tester tool.
- Export requirements, test plan, and test cases in rational quality manager and log defect-using JIRA.
- Develop testing strategies that address areas such as database impacts, software scenarios, regression testing, negative testing, error or bug retests, or usability.
- Manage software defects tracking, reporting, follow-up, using a bug tracking system, and report defects to management.
- Provide support to the technical teams through validation of business logic; provide analysis models and system interface analysis to assist with the technical specification development.
- Participate in technical specification review to ensure that the application and database design meet the approved requirements and achieve business and technical inter-operability.
- Write SQL queries to verify database tables for the data inserted from the user interface.
- Validate through traceability that the product meets the approved requirements and ensures system cohesiveness and compatibility within a product/project.
- Develop UAT plan and test cases for projects.
- Schedule and facilitate User Acceptance Testing before production deployment to secure stakeholder approval of functionality.
- Support the project initiation process by providing high level current and future state analysis, stakeholder and systems integration assessment documenting options and making solution recommendations; ensuring clearing defined/documented scope.
- Mentor and coach junior testers.
Confidential, Columbia - Maryland
Senior Software Tester
Environmen t: Windows, Oracle, HTML, PL/SQL, Quick Test Pro, Quality Center, UNIX, Java, XML, and JAWS.
- Assisted QA Testers to write strong test cases with many different scenarios based on the business requirements with Traceability Matrix coverage.
- Ensured test environment and assets are managed and maintained.
- Ensured all business use cases and functional use cases are approved.
- Guaranteed that all unit, integration, and system testing is completed successfully and met the business requirements as articulated in the business use cases and functional use cases.
- Ensured technical resources (DBA, Developers) are available to support all non-functional and functional testing; including data migration, conversion, security and UAT.
- Ensured all issues discovered during testing are routed to the appropriate resource for resolution.
- Adapted the test plan and compensate as needed, adjusting to evolving conditions.
- Ensured testing milestones, activities, and tasks are communicated properly and completed as scheduled.
- Monitored, measured, controlled, and reported on test progress, product quality and test results.
- Worked with programming staff to ensure requirements will be incorporated into design and testing.
- Using Quality Center, exported Business Requirements, Test Cases, mapped the requirements with the test cases, and executed Test cases and logged defects.
- Identified significant components functionality to perform Regression Test ensuring business priority
- Participated in formal and informal reviews at predetermined points throughout the development life cycle to determine quality.
- Using Quality Center, created graphs to monitor QA testers’ performance based on test preparation and Test cases execution status.
- Conducted all types of application testing, as needed, Performed Smoke, Functional, GUI, Regression, End to End and Production Verification testing.
- Worked in the Agile environment with frequently changing requirements and features set.
- Maintain test script in the repository; made changes where necessary in order to carry on proper functioning as application data change.
- Interacted with Business Analyst and Software Developers in requirement analysis, design reviews, testing, and documentation for web based application developed in Agile environment.
- Experienced using four different PL/SQL databases and wrote SQL queries to validate data.
- Documented defects found during test execution including test steps and data which needed to reproduce the defects.
- Within Quality Center’s Configuration Management, had access to view and update all the builds and kept tracked on all the QA defects to deliver the products on time.
Confidential, Reston - Virginia
Sr. QA Analyst
Environment: Quality Center 10.0, QTP 10.0, JAVA, .Net, HTML, DHTML, JSP, TOAD, PL/SQL, UNIX, Windows, IBM Mainframe.
- Responsible for creating and maintaining the regression test suite for regression of new releases using IBM Functional Tester.
- Performed Regression testing of the system using IBM Functional Tester and defect reporting to the development team.
- Maintained Requirement Traceability Matrix using RequisitePro.
- Involved in various testing types like GUI testing, User acceptance testing, Integration testing, System, Navigation testing, and Regression testing on the application.
- Prepared Test Plan and Test Cases.
- Responsible for full life cycle testing inclusive of technical specifications analysis, graphic design review, user interface theory and client usability.
- Responsible for updating and maintaining the Clear Quest for all the defects found during functional and regression testing and follow up the bug life cycle.
- Wrote SQL queries to verify database tables for the data inserted from the user interface.