- Over fifteen years progressive and extensive hands on experience supporting complex, multi - protocol, high availability, zero tolerance down time, regional/international telecommunications networks and Data Centers.
- Provide clients with product evaluation, test lab proof of concept, network design, procurement, configuration, implementation, deployment, tier 3 engineering support and change control management.
- Experienced in configuration and trouble shooting of major routing protocols (BGP, MPLS, OSPF, EIGRP, VRF, GRE.) L2/3 switching (VLAN, VTP, RSTP), WEB and IPSec VPN (RADIUS, AAA, TACACS+, RSA ACE/SecurID, IPS\IDS,NAC).
- Network Management (SNMP, DiffServ/QoS/CoS/ToS VoIP (CUCM, SIP, H323, MGCP) POTS (Avaya, Nortel). Provide research and support for Network Virtualization, WAN Acceleration, Load Balancing, Telepresence, Wireless LAN, and SAN storage projects.
- Provide configuration of and restoration of service for PRI, T1/E1, T3/DS3, OC3-OC193 metropolitan loop, and satellite data/video circuits. Configure multi-vendor L3 firewalls (Cisco and Juniper), NAC, IPS/IDS and WEB security software products.
- Concentrated discipline to provide expertise and consulting services for large LAN/WAN/VoIP cluster design, implementation, deployment, upgrades, training, NMS and Project Management for Cisco Unified Communications platforms (CUCM 3.x - 8.x,) CME, Unity and Unity Connection.
- Sr. NOC Engineer for the Confidential Agricultural Research Service (ARS), Office of the Chief Information Officer (OCIO). Primary responsibility to provide national network monitoring, management and operational health status for ninety-eight satellite offices and research universities connected to the ARS MPLS network. Analyze data traffic patterns and bandwidth requirements within network infrastructure, detecting operational problems and recommending improvements to ensure optimal network performance.
- Work with various telecommunications ISP providers (AT&T, Verizon, Sprint, Qwest, and the Local Exchange Carrier (LEC) to resolve ARS DS1 and DS3 circuit outages and report and\or escalate per SLA. Liaison to local and regional researchers and IT leads to troubles shoot DS1\3 connectivity anomalies as related to Internet and data communications connectivity.
- Configure and manage Cisco routers, switches, firewalls, IDS/IPS systems according to ARS security requirements ensuring security breaches do not occur and information are safeguarded from unauthorized users. Configure Cisco ASA webvpn, Juniper and Palto Alto devices for remote access via VPN for ARS scientific community.
- Provide CIO and IT management with status reports throughout assigned projects detailing project status and timeline, to include stop light project reporting, a project completion report listing all milestones and objectives that were meet during the life cycle.
Sr. Lead Network Engineer
- Project lead and Sr. Architect Engineer for Confidential UC/IPT/R&S network engineering team. Liaison for Confidential Business Group Units, sales/procurement, Network Operations, Real Estate, and UC/IPT/R&S/Network Storage deployment teams. Responsible for gathering business requirements for all Confidential Group Operational Business Companies. Provide design, deployment, implementation, L3 connectivity and support of multiple CUCM clusters inclusive of 15, 000 routed/switched voice, data and video end points.
- Oversee analysis, network design, bandwidth requirements, implementation and support for Confidential data telecommunications network in support of new office expansion. Provide hands on configuration of multiple L3 network routing switching vendors. Report and trouble shoot LAN/WAN network anomalies and assist in restoration of voice /data service for all operational companies.
- Perform integration lab testing of network appliance config's to support change control of production BGP, MPLS, EIGRP, MGCP, H.323 and SIP network protocols. Tier 3 support for Call Manager 8.x, Cisco Call Manager Express, Unity Express, Cisco Presence, Cisco Emergency Responder, CUPC, and Tandberg Video MCU & end points.
- Proficient in NMS platforms including Verizon Enterprise Service Center, HP Node Manager, PRTG, Cisco Network Operations Manager, and SolarWinds. Active member and engineering implementation approver for Confidential CCB Network/IPT projects, RFI sizing, Business Continuity Board. ITILv3 and Cisco Certified for best practice IT processes and procedures.
Sr. Network Engineer
- Hired to provide national/international engineering design, documentation, implementation, deployment and 24/7 tier 3 support for the Federal Food and Drug Administrations ( Confidential ) multi-cluster IPT initiatives. Deployed Cisco Unified Communications (CUC) platform for (ninety offices, six cluster, 30,000+ VoIP phones, wireless, IP Paging, IP Video) infrastructure.
- Liaison for GSA construction, electrical, and cabling contractors for new Confidential facilities scheduled for VoIP implementation. Provide high-level documentation inclusive of rack elevations, logical and physical network diagrams, technical project plans, security assessments, project timelines and change control management for Cisco CUC product suite.
- Entrusted to ensure accuracy of client user-lists for comma delimited or Cisco BAT/TAPS utility. Hands on creation of master implementation project plans, CUCM upgrades, CSS, device pools, phone profiles, route partitions, dial plans, hunt-groups, MTP, MGCP, H323 and SIP. Work with Confidential security for end to end NAC implementation and VPN support for hard wired and wireless network connections.
- Configure and troubleshoot ISP PRI and SRST for VoIP failover. Utilize Cisco NAM, Spectrum, NetCool, SolarWinds, Wireshark, to troubleshoot network anomalies. Report directly to executive management for project implementations, security considerations and 508 compliance change control management weekly.