- To obtain a systems administrator/engineer position which will allow me to leverage my hands - on technical systems engineering experience with a forward thinking company.
- Performed daily, weekly, and monthly systems administration support operational activities at the Confidential NSOF datacenter.
- Responsible for created, modified, and removed JPSS CGS systems access accounts in both the Windows and AIX\UNIX environments
- Analyzed system logs and identifying potential issues with JPSS CGS servers and workstations.
- Integrated new JPSS technologies into existing NSOF data center environments.
- Performed as assigned routine audits of systems and software.
- Monitored and performing systems backups.
- Applying operating system updates, patches, and configuration changes as approved.
- Installing and configuring new hardware and software.
- Adding, removing, or updating user account information, resetting passwords, etc.
- Answering technical queries and dealt with user request.
- Responsibility for ensuring all systems security server settings is maintained.
- Responsibility for documenting the configuration of the system.
- As assigned troubleshoot any reported SA problems as a member of SA team .
- System performance tuning as required.
- Perform routine enterprise wide systems updated and patching activities as identified based on security impacts.
- Lead support systems engineer for COTS updates and roll-out
- Perform daily systems administration task as assigned which include Antivirus, Netbackup, EM, Tripwire, QRadar, NETMri)
- Active participant in the planning, development and sustainment activities where functional changes are being made to meet the associated systems administration requirements.
- Participated in JPSS System security meetings and working group sessions and reported the status of systems administration activities.
- Provided technical support, training and assistance to staff in various departments on existing personal computer hardware and software applications; answers staff questions in person, via phone, and via email on all supported applications.
- Instructed users in the use of equipment, software, and manuals. Identifies and escalates situations requiring urgent attention. Occasionally visit offices to provide in-time assistance in urgent situations.
- Responded to calls for assistance; captures and documents the details of an issue and troubleshooting steps taken in order to escalate the issue or document the identification and resolution; uses a ticketing system to track and route problems and requests and document solutions; works with Information Systems colleagues to research and document problem resolutions.
- Maintains system standards; loads and initializes PC software (operating system, networking software, applications software, etc.) tests PCs for correct network operations including access to printers, e-mail, and business applications; instructs users on use of the PC and its access to the network; may be required to unpack, verify contents, and configure new personal computers and setup personal computers based upon an existing client/server model.
- Participates in the preparation of procedure manuals and documentation for help desk use; conducts periodic user satisfaction surveys and tracks user problem trends; creates reports based on information provided from user surveys and trends; participates in the distribution of network related information to users to include information such as help desk procedures and network handbooks.
- Maintains accurate reports of malfunctions; provides referrals to Computer Network Technicians when problems occur which are beyond the proficiency of the Help Desk Technician; serves as liaison between County staff and the technology department to resolve issues; tracks the problem until it has been resolved.
Desktop Support Consultant
- Assisted with the installation, configuration, and ongoing usability of desktop computers, peripheral equipment and software within established standards and guidelines.
- Works with vendor support contacts to resolve technical problems with desktop computing equipment and software.
- Worked with Help Desk and Network Operations staff as appropriate to determine and resolve problems received from clients.
- Interacted with numerous computer platforms in a multi-layered client server environment.
- Ensured desktop computers interconnect seamlessly with diverse systems including associated validation systems, file servers, email servers, computer conferencing systems, application servers, and administrative systems.
- Trained and orients staff on use of hardware and software.
- Recommended and / or performs upgrades on systems to ensure longevity.
- Worked with procurement staff to purchase hardware and software.
- Assesses functional needs to determine specifications for purchases.
- Ordered computer supplies.
- Assisted in maintaining LAN/WAN records and, as appropriate, telephone systems cable.