- System Integration and Test Professional experienced in both commercial and government defense applications, responsible for designing, developing and implementing cost - effective testing procedures and creating effective regression test plans.
- Solid software background as both an Engineer and Technical Support Specialist providing product flexibility to management as well as detailed knowledge of the software development life cycle.
- Strong Software Development background using C and other high level languages.
- Extensive experience working in a team environment sharing insights especially with junior team members.
Operating Systems: Red Hat Linux 5.4; Solaris/Sun 2.5, 7, 8, 10; AIX 3.2.5, 4.1.4, 4.2.1; AT&T Bell Labs System 5; Berkeley 4.2; Proprietary Unix Operating Systems; DEC PDP/11; Varian 6/20
Communication Protocols: SNMP for AIX, Solaris, and CMU; CORBA
Network Managers: Tivoli 3.6.1, NetView 6000
Databases: Oracle 18.104.22.168.0, 22.214.171.124; UNIFY; BRS
Software Packages/Middleware: ORBIX 3.02, ORBIX Web 3.2, Sun Microsystems Open Look, AIX HACMP
Languages: C, Unix Korn shell, C Plus, JAVA, TCL/TK, FORTRANPDP/11 and Varian 6/20 Assembler
Hardware: Germane, Netra 240, Themis, Sun Workstation, Confidential RISC-based workstation Confidential RISC 6000 Processor, CCI POWER 6/32DEC PDP/11-60, Varian 6/20-L
Design & Documentation Tools: Microsoft Word, Teamwork, Framemaker
Release Tools: RCS, CMVC
Work Environments: DELL PC, Microsoft access to Unix Platforms using ExceedSun Workstation, AIX Workstation
- Application is Unity XG-100 Portable Radio which allows first responders to use a single radio to communicate across VHF, UHF, 700 and 800 MHz radio frequencies.
- Installed and configured software.
- Executed Manual and Automated Tests.
- Analyzed problems and reported results to development.
- Validated development fixes.
Confidential, Syracuse, NY
System Integration/Test Engineer Senior
- Customized Linux Gnome Desktop to provide secure and user-friendly environment for sailors.
- Developed customized ksh scripts to allow for automatic disk recovery to solve the high rate of disk failure.
- This resulted in reducing equipment outage from days to an hour and the savings of $5K per disk failure.
- Executed Integrated Test Dry Runs of newest baseline required for customer signoff.
- Witnessed subcontractor dry runs. Activity necessary to deliver product on time and at cost.
- Recognized as a key contributor in the delivery of software to the prime contractor.
- Able to achieve targets on a project that offered little documentation, no simulators and lacked initial support.
- Prepared and executed a successful demo of mine hunting software in an effort to maintain Confidential funding.
- Acted as a technical mentor to the group in the following areas: script creation and debug; knowledge sharing of Operating System and Applications and lab maintenance.
- All these activities resulted in cost savings.
- Responsible for installation and verification of hardware drivers and when necessary recommending changes.
Confidential, Rochester, NY
Senior Software Engineer
- Designed, developed and integrated software for large-scale products requiring Operations, Administration, Maintenance and Provisioning (OAM&P) support including Voice Navigation, a $160M revenue generating solution, and Directory Services, up to $135M annual revenue generating solution.
- Developed critical interface for major product launch using JAVA when crucial human resource was lost to project.
- Recognized by management and received for excellence in meeting project requirements.
- Directed team of five engineers as design prime during time of development and successfully delivered OAM&P software on time and within budget.
- Successfully developed SNMP agent prototype that made possible the design of an OAM&P component, required by many of Nortel’s future product lines.
- Served as development lead and release manager for multiple Centralized Administrative Management System (CAMS) releases that were all delivered on time, avoiding liquidated damage costs.
- Developed a monitoring mechanism to detect a memory defect on the Directory Assistance Processor that allowed for recognition, tracking and resolution of the problem while avoiding major system outage.
Operating Systems: Confidential RISC-based workstation running AIX 4.2.1, Managing a network of processors with AIX 4.2.1 and Solaris/Sun 2.5, 7 components as well as Bay Network Routers
Communication Protocols: SNMP and CORBA
Software Packages/Middleware: ORBIX 3.02, ORBIX Web 3.2, NetView 6000 and Tivoli 3.6.1.
Languages: Java, C++, C, UNIX Korn shell, and Tcl/ Tk
Confidential, Fairport, NY
- Served, as development and release support for multiple software releases that forecasted, acquired and distributed needed parts for Confidential ’s production planning efforts.
- Maintained the quality and performance of the CAMPS software through enhancements and fixes that extended the product life and generated $192K in revenue annually.
- Designed, developed and delivered system changes based on unique relationship built and maintained through regular communication with customer.