- Accomplished IT professional with demonstrated success implementing strategic IT initiatives that improve business functionality with positive impacts on the bottom line.
- Skilled network administrator, with proven ability to ensure IT customers receive timely, responsive, and exceptional service.
- Self - starter, adept at moving into new environments and drawing from existing experience to quickly adapt to new technologies fluently.
- Possess strong communication and collaboration skills and work in concert with diverse groups effectively.
- Information Technology Operations Management Technical Analysis
- Systems Integration Network Administrator Multi-Platform Networking
- Migrations/Upgrades IT Strategy Development
Hardware and Software: Network +, Novell, SUN, ALPHA, IBM, HP, Digital Laser Printer, VRU Phone System, Executone Phone system Unix Utilities and Commands, Ultrix System Management V4, HTML Beginning/Intermediate, Microsoft FrontPage 98/2000, Microsoft Office 2000, Microsoft Office XP, Microsoft Outlook 2000, Microsoft Outlook 2003, Lotus Notes, Scopus Technology, Remedy, VMS, Oracle9i, Pathworks, SUN, SQL, FoxPro 4.0, GW Basic, Pascal, Fortran, Cobol, Visual Basic, Java 1.1, and XML, Adobe Designer 6.0, Adobe Designer 5.0, Adobe Output Designer 5.5, Adobe Reader 6.0 CE, Adobe Acrobat, JetForm Designer, JetForm FillerPro 5.2.6,
Operating Systems: Microsoft Window 2000 Professional, Microsoft Window XP, Linux, Microsoft Window 95 & 98, Window NT 4.0 Server, Window Vista, Microsoft Window 2003 Server, Window 2007 Server, Window 2008 Server, Window 7 Professional.
Confidential, Fairfax, VA
- Hold multifaceted responsibilities to configure, install and administer network infrastructure.
- Implement IT policies, which define acceptable use of IT assets within the company.
- Trouble-shoot networking problems on computers, installs and upgrades computer hardware and software, computer system backup, Help Desk assistance, evaluating problems and resolving hardware and software issues, execute nightly backup on the Dell and mail Server, Manage VRU phone system--phone and email system backup and implement account deactivation and deletion, automatic virus protection updates.
Confidential, Alexandria, VA
- Implemented hardware infrastructure and monitored the network utilizing our web based tools as well as creating and responding to trouble tickets.
- Installed and configured software upgrades, Created new users, performed migration, installed hardware, installed and configured protocols.
- Organized the setup and distribution of computers, software roll outs, and PC hardware upgrades
Confidential, Annadale, VA
- Implemented hardware and software configuration.
- Meet with customers to resolve problems on Dell desktop PC/Laptops.
- Assisted/troubleshooting hardware and software; assisted with integrated IT service delivery requirements.
Confidential, Reston, VA
- Provided proactive technical support to the account support center staff, engineering staff, and senior management for resolution of customer issues.
- Maintained clear, concise and accurate logs in the network operations center.
- Monitored and maintained the MSV satellite network voice services systems in the network operations center.
- Performed preventative and corrective maintenance actions to mitigate and alleviate system faults and enhance overall performance.
- Generated imaging tapes and performed regular updates and patches on network components.
- Assisted with the generation of system documentation and diagrams.
- Assisted with the generation and administering of trouble reports for network related issues for submission to engineering personnel.
Confidential, Reston, VA
Senior Unix Technology Operator
- Assisted developers’ programmers, database administrators, and other users in resolving Unix issues.
- Provided 24x7 on call support, supporting the entire Unix production environment.
- Contributed to disaster recovery planning and test exercises.
- Successfully wrote Unix Shell Scripts.
- Troubleshooted system problems and resolved user problems.
- Managed quick-turnaround responses to user account maintenance.
- Analyzed user and system problems.
- Performed start-up and shutdown of Unix Systems.
- Initiated and implemented technical procedures for technical support.
- Monitored day-to-day Unix Systems operation.
- Performed daily and monthly billings. capable of designing, recommending, planning, and implementing Unix solutions for business projects.
- Installed and supported HP-UX and Sun Solaris servers in a production, development, test, and QA environment.