As a retired Senior Enlisted Confidential, I have over thirty years of experience in a variety of areas such as project management, technology Research and Development (R&D), Test and Evaluation (T&E), logistics, and contracting within various command, control, communications, computers, intelligence, surveillance, and reconnaissance (C4ISR) programs.
Skills: Experience, and/or familiarity with Microsoft Office Suite, Project, Visio, Lotus Notes, Sharepoint, Total Force Management Structure System (TFSMS), Confidential Readiness Information Tool (MERIT)
PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE SUMMARY:
Systems Engineer Principal Leader
- Managed the day - to-day administrative managerial duties for the System Engineering Offerings team.
- Track the assignment of personnel to meet billable labor and utilization objectives, track and approve timesheet submissions, conduct periodic and annual employee performance appraisal’s, participate in interviewing and hiring of new employees, etc.
- Provide Systems Engineering support in the areas of research, analysis, and technical writing for the development of Concept of Employment (COE) documents for new and emerging Confidential command and control (C2) and tactical communication systems.
- Communications Subject Matter Expert (SME) providing Systems Engineering support in the areas of research, analysis, and technical writing for the development of Joint Capabilities Integration Documents System (JCIDS) documents (e.g., ICD, CDD, CPD, T/ISP) for Confidential C2 and tactical communication systems (e.g., CTN, DAGR, DDS-M, DTC-R, MATC C2, MATC NAVAID, NOTM, SATCOM FOS, TSM).
- Identified system specific operational performance attributes as applied to an incremental capability in an acquisition program.
- Defined multiple increments using Key Performance Parameters (KPPs) and Key System Attributes (KSAs).
- Participated and/or led Integrated Product Team (IPT) working groups to conduct review/revision and validation of Confidential system requirements.
- Participate with quality assurance/quality control reviews and activities related to client deliverables.
- Participate and/or lead research, planning, and development of technical proposals. Products generated include business strategy, technical solutions, Work Breakdown Structures/Plan of Action and Milestones, staffing plans, and past performance statements.
- Develop summaries, briefings, information papers, position papers and recommendations on all aspects of Enterprise Architecture development, use, and maintenance.
- Provide technical advice and assist Confidential programs develop Department of Defense Architecture Framework compliant Technical View (TV) architectures, and review and analyze JCIDS documents and DoDAF architecture views (e.g., Operational Views (OVs), Systems Views (SVs), and TVs) for Confidential and Joint Staff Staffing.
- Coordinate proposed IT standards with Confidential stakeholders to obtain comments and input for the development of Confidential ’s position and recommendations.
- Developed IT standards handbook to support a more efficient process for TV development.
Division/Airborne Communications Chief
- Responsible for day-to-day administrative managerial duties, interviewing and hiring, approving timesheets and duty rosters/assignments, as well as conducting periodic and annual individual performance evaluations, etc.
- Managed diverse team responsible for the provision of technical support to users of computer system software, hardware, network connectivity, voice/video/data capabilities. Team provided installation of new requirements and daily troubleshooting of desktop systems, workstations and network connectivity issues.
- Provided operational knowledge on Presidential communication upgrades ensuring compliance with Confidential interoperability and Net-Centric requirements.
- Led internal working groups to identify and mitigate weaknesses in program requirements to improve system performance.
- Presented technical issues to stakeholders.
- Established an automated system to facilitate issues reporting process.
- Engaged on requirements development and project outputs analysis of the next generation Airborne Platforms in support of Confidential missions.
- Provided technical resource management support to the President, Vice President, and Senior Confidential Staff members.
- Managed internal reorganization to enable a more proactive approach to business processes as well as individual responsibilities.
- Supervised the installation, operation, and maintenance of various voice, data, and video communication networks supporting the President, Vice President, and Senior Confidential staff members.
- Managed multiple physical security control access points for Confidential personnel.
- Planned, coordinated, executed, and supervised all communication requirements (e.g., voice, video, and data; wired, wireless, single channel, satellite; internet protocol, etc.) supporting tactical experiments.
- Provided in depth communication analysis regarding the test and evaluation of experiments.
- Engaged in test and evaluation analysis of various communication and intelligence related projects (e.g., Expeditionary Tactical Communications System Position Location Information (PLI) systems, Command and Control Personal Computer (C2PC), unmanned aerial vehicles, etc.).
- Researched and developed purchase requests for future communication needs in support of exercises and program managers experiments.
- Engaged in the design, development, modification, and installation of experimental mobile C2 and communication systems designed to improve sustained small unit Distributed Operations.
- Served in human resource operations identifying, evaluating and implementing trainer and training curriculum initiatives for organizational and personnel development. Streamlining the curriculum encouraged effective training, improved support capabilities, and customer satisfaction.
- Developed, coordinated, and managed frequency and satellite access requirements supporting various R&D experiments.
- Provided expertise guidance and assistance to command Electronic Key Management System (EKMS) managers on daily basis.
Communications Supervisor and Spectrum Manager
- Responsible for the planning, deployment, and management of communications networks (e.g., voice, video, and data; wired, wireless, single channel, microwave, troposcatter, and satellite; internet protocol, etc.) in support of Confidential expeditionary force (MEF) and Confidential expeditionary brigade (MEB) exercises and operations.
- Responsible for the day-to-day administrative managerial duties, ensuring adherence to Confidential and Confidential administrative, training and education orders and directives, for the Confidential ’s under my charge.
- Developed, coordinated, and managed frequency and satellite access requirements supporting various exercises and operations.
- Deployed as the sole communications member with the U.S. Support Group East Timor staff.
- Responsible for the planning, coordination, installation and maintenance of the communications architecture (e.g., voice, video, and data; wired, wireless, single channel, satellite; internet protocol, etc.) in an unstable 3rd world environment.
Communications Supervisor and Spectrum Manager
- Responsible for managing and planning for the electromagnetic compatibility of spectrum transmission systems (e.g., single/multi-channel radio, microwave, troposcatter, satellite, radar, etc.), while adhering to Confidential, national and international spectrum management policies, to ensure systems do not interfere with and/or prevent each other's correct operation through spurious emissions and absorption of electromagnetic interference.
- Served as the senior Confidential Spectrum Manager throughout Far East, responsible for managing, mentoring, and training Spectrum Managers within subordinate commands.
- Served as senior multi-nation force Spectrum Manager supporting various exercises and contingencies.
- Developed, coordinated, and managed frequency and satellite access requirements, through extensive engagement .
- Well versed in Spectrum Management Software applications (e.g., Spectrum XXI, ACES, JACS, RBECS, and SPEED).
- Managed the installation, operation, and maintenance of various voice, data, and video communication networks supporting a variety of military operations and exercises.
- Supervised and managed Command Center communication personnel.
- Managed divisions CMCC SCP.
- Responsible for the planning, deployment and management of communications systems (e.g., voice, video, and data; wired, wireless, single channel, microwave, troposcatter, and satellite; internet protocol, etc.) in support of MEF and MEB exercises and operations.
- Responsible for the day-to-day administrative managerial duties, ensuring adherence to Confidential and Confidential administrative, training and education orders and directives, for the 80 Confidential communicators within the platoon.
Presidential Communication Operations Supervisor
- Designated Confidential Training and Operating Procedures Standardization instructor/evaluator, responsible for effectively controlling the educational progress of Presidential Communication System Operators within the squadron.
- Participated in development of computer based training module to further enhance the education and training of Presidential Communication System Operators within the squadron.
- Engaged on requirements and project outputs on next generation Airborne Platforms in support of Confidential missions. Provided expert guidance and operational knowledge to ensure these platforms meet operational goals and objectives.
- Engaged in Strategic planning and training initiatives supporting Confidential and Confidential .
- Installed, operated, and maintained various voice and data communication networks supporting Confidential operations and contingency exercises.