Confidential, Jacksonville, FL
- Serve as systems engineer in the areas of web security, WebSphere Portal, WebSphere Application Server (WAS), WebSphere MQ, WebSphere Message Broker (WMB), IBM Tivoli Directory Server (TDS) LDAP, Active Directory (AD), Tivoli Access Manager for e - Business (TAM), WebSEAL reverse proxy, Tivoli Directory Integrator (TDI), and Microsoft Forefront Identity Manager (FIM) running on Linux (x86), zLinux, and Windows Server 2003 and 2008 R2 operating systems.
- Assist in the planning and design of upgrade/migration from our existing WAS 6.1 clustered web application server farm to new WAS 8.5 clustered web application server farm.
- Built and configured clustered WebSphere Application Server and clustered WebSphere Portal Server Development, QA, and Production environments along with IBM HTTP (IHS) servers running on Linux x86 and zLinux platforms.
- Develop Ant, Jython, wsadmin, XMLAccess and shell scripts/tools to be used with IBM Rational Build Forge for automated WAS and Portal deployments. Deploy WAS applications and Portal portlets, pages, themes and skins using various combinations of these scripts/tools.
- Built and configured WAS 6.1 clusters. Created profiles using the manageprofiles command-line utility. Installed EJB3.0 and Web Services feature packs for WAS 6.1 and augmented profiles for web services and EJB3.0 using manageprofiles command with web services and EJB3 profile templates.
- Create and manage data sources, JMS messaging, and global security in WAS admin console.
- Assist in the administration of WAS 7.0 running IBM Business Process Management (BPM). Engineered Windows Desktop Single Sign-on (SSO) solution with BPM using SPNEGO/Kerberos and Active Directory.
- Design, build, and administer web security infrastructure at Confidential for our clustered WebSphere Portal web server farm using TAM/WebSEAL reverse proxy, and IBM Directory Server LDAP with various SSL and Single Sign-on implementations including Windows Desktop Single Sign-on, SPNEGO/Kerberos, LTPA, and WebSEAL HTTP header mechanisms. Install and maintain SSL certificates using OpenSSL and iKeyman tools.
- Engineer and develop middleware integration solutions using WebSphere MQ, WMB, TDI, and FIM to synchronize employee data from PeopleSoft systems to Active Directory and IBM LDAP.
- Engineered and configured 2-way, mutual SSL with WebSEAL reverse proxy to secure web services running in WAS and accessed from the internet. These web services are called externally from Salesforce systems from the internet.
- Train team members on WAS, Portal, TAM, WebSEAL, and LDAP technologies.
- Designed, built, and administer WebSphere Message Broker v7.0 DEV, QA, and Production environments.
- Perform administration and support for WebSphere Portal, WAS, WebSphere MQ, WMB, LDAP, TAM, WebSEAL, TDI, FIM, and Active Directory. Work on PMRs with IBM to solve various problems. Enable traces as part of troubleshooting and submit the logs and traces to IBM support.
Confidential, Roanoke, VA
- Served as systems/middleware engineer in areas of WebSphere MQ messaging and enterprise systems.
- Engineered and administered IBM DS8000 storage systems along with remote data replication.
- Designed, and implemented WebSphere MQ middleware solutions.
- Engineered and supported AIX/pSeries systems.
- Educated and trained team members on WMQ messaging, total storage, and pSeries technologies.
- Engineered and supported servers for PeopleSoft Financial and Human Resources applications.
- Assisted with the planning and the migration of servers and storage to a new remote data center.
- Initiated and designed application tiers and tiered storage primarily with IBM DS8000 storage systems.
Confidential, Jacksonville, FL
Systems Engineer/Middleware Engineer
- Served as WebSphere MQ and integration architect as part of Confidential ’s Enterprise Integration Center of Excellence.
- Designed and built the company’s enterprise message bus by implementing MQ clusters across MVS, AIX, and Windows systems.
- Designed and implemented middleware applications across multiple (MVS, AIX, and Windows) platforms to support new system/application integration initiatives.
- Engineered and developed middleware EAI solutions using WebSphere MQ, CommerceQuest’s PM4Data, and WTX data transformation software.
- Trained developers on software promotion and lifecycle management. Engineered a software version control solution and an application promotion process for EAI developers.
- Implemented MQ RACF security on MVS.
- Developed MQ naming standards.