Self - motivated Windows Systems Administrator with a strong technical background in configuring, maintaining and deploying Windows R2 Servers in an enterprise corporate environment both physical and virtual. Able to work independently or as part of a team to provide timely technical solutions and customer support.
Operating Systems: Windows Server / 2008 R2, Windows XP, Vista / 7, IBM OS/2, UNIX
Hardware: HP / Compaq Proliant Servers, NCR Servers, HP Array Controllers, IBM xSeries
Active Directory, DoubleTake Availability, Double: RecoverNow, VMWare vSphere Client, Symantec / Veritas NetBackup Client, Backup Exec and Storage Foundation 5.1 for Windows, Exchange 5.5, HP Insight Manager, Microsoft Office, VB and Command Line Scripting
Networking: DNS, WINS, DHCP, TCPIP, SMTP
Confidential, Hartford, CT
Windows Systems Administrator
- Provide customer server support on HP / Compaq / IBM xSeries platforms running Windows server / 2008 R2. Configure IBM / HP / Compaq Proliant servers utilizing Raid levels 1, 5 and 0+1 along with network teaming.
- Implement Windows cluster servers in both local and stretch configurations.
- Troubleshoot hardware, software and infrastructure issues.
- Maintain and schedule backups on remote office servers.
- Utilize Remedy to track customer requests and technical issues.
- Maintain server inventory accuracy through the use of the Asset Inventory Repository.
- Create and update technical documentation for software and hardware installations ensuring standard configurations across all servers.
- Create and update server images with WAIK to ensure standard software configurations allowing for timely server deployments.
- Utilize HP Insight Manager to proactively monitor servers for potential and current hardware issues.
- Test / deploy new Microsoft security patches and coordinate with client to ensure minimal down time.
- Tested, deployed and documented Double-Take Availability / RecoverNow installations that provided client a Disaster Recovery Solution for survival critical applications across 2 Datacenters.
- Perform Quarterly DR failover tests to ensure clients infrastructure is DR ready.
- Implement Windows 2003 cluster servers for High Availability Solutions.
- Coordinated Netbackup Client upgrade for server environment of approximately 3000 servers using scheduled upgrade scripts during non-business hours.
- Coordinated server relocations from Simsbury Datacenter to Hartford Datacenter with no loss of service.
- Utilize Change Management process to ensure client awareness of changes to the server environment
- Configure and Manage SAN storage attached to Windows Servers
Confidential, Edison, NJ
Hardware - Team Lead
- Tested new hardware, updated drivers on Compaq Proliant and HP NetServer servers ensuring standards across all platforms.
- Created technical documentation for software and hardware installations to ensure standards across all server configurations.
- Collaborated with hardware vendor to identify failed components and successfully resolved hardware issues.
- Provided Hardware support to on-call staff.
Server Deployment - Team Lead
- Installed Windows NT4.0 or Windows 2000 based on servers function (Domain Controller / Member Server).
- Applied Service Packs, Security Patches, Resource Kits and other utilities. Installed Exchange Server 5.5 along with applicable service packs.
- Utilized Compaq SmartStart Scripting tool to perform unattended installations of Windows 2000 and Windows NT 4.0 on Compaq ML530 / DL580 / ML370 servers.
- Created / updated standard build document for each server configuration ensuring each server met required specifications for both hardware and installed software.
- Coordinated installation and configuration of Compaq Proliant servers in worldwide locations for use within Confidential infrastructure, collaborated with local site contact to ensure that LAN, Power and Space requirements were available for server installation.
- Created unattended installation scripts utilizing Compaq SmartStart Scripting toolkit that reduced server build time considerably and ensured a standard configuration within environment.
Backup Team Lead
- Maintained / scheduled backups across Enterprise for Confidential .
- Performed testing on patches and new releases of Veritas Backup Exec software.
- Monitored / configured backups across WAN for Exchange environment.
- Planned and implemented robust LAN service using Hewlett Packard and NCR hardware to configure NT servers using DHCP, WINS and RAS.
- Performed daily UNIX System Administration.
- Planned and implemented Microsoft’s SMS 1.2 for system inventory and remote client support.
- Established NT 4 domain for 400 users in new office.
- Deployed US Robotics Edge Server RAS solution offering Remote Access for clients.