I am a results - driven IT professional with extensive experience in the design, administration and support of a routed LAN/WAN infrastructure with a strong emphasis on network security technologies and solutions. Strong “hands on” technical knowledge with MCSE, NSA & CNSS INFOSEC Professional, CQS-CFS, CISS, CCNA, CLS, Network+ and A+ s. Proven ability to lead and motivate project teams to ensure success. I have a track record for diagnosing complex problems and consistently delivering effective solutions.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE:
- Routing, switching, firewalls, and load balancer technologies, OSPF, EIGRP, access-control lists, DHCP, DNS, 802.1X, AAA, LWAPP, HSRP, VRRP
- Cisco Branch and WAN routers, Cisco Access, Core and Distribution switches, Cisco CSS/CSM Content Switches, F5 LTM, A10, Cisco PIX/FWSM/ASA firewalls, ACS, Wireless LAN Controllers, Cisco Prime Network Control System, Cisco Wireless Control System, Cisco Unity, Cisco Call Manager, Cisco Unified Communications Manager
- Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows server 2008, Exchange 2007, Exchange 2010, NetScoutInfiniStream (formerly General Network Sniffer packet capture), WireShark, Visio, etc.
Confidential, Hartford, CT
Senior Network Engineer
- Design, configure and support the Local Area Network & Wide Area Network, which consists of four universities and thirteen colleges spread across Connecticut.
- Design, configure, support, and maintain the organization's
- LAN/WAN infrastructure, consisting of Cisco routers, switches and firewalls using OSPF to communicate over a mixture of Ethernet-based MAN (Metropolitan Area Network) and dedicated-connection switching-based ATM (Asynchronous Transfer Mode) technology.
- Voice communications infrastructure, which consists of Cisco's Unified Communications Manager (Cisco Call Manager) and Cisco Unified Messaging (Cisco Unity).
- Wireless infrastructure, consisting of Cisco's Wireless LAN Controllers, Cisco Access Control Servers and Cisco Lightweight Access Points.
- Wired and wireless BYOD network access control infrastructure using a combination of role-based and 802.1x solution to centralize authentication, authorization, and accountability for wired, wireless, and VPN access. (Cisco Identity Services Engine (ISE), Microsoft Network Policy Server (NPS), Microsoft Network Access Protection (NAP), Avaya Identity Engines)
- Application load balancing and content distribution environment, consisting of multiple Cisco Content Switch Modules and F5 Big-IP Local Traffic Managers that provides advanced traffic management through Layer 4-7 load balancing and content switching functions, HTTP Compression, Caching, SSL acceleration, and SSL encryption/decryption.
- Lead support for remote site Cisco PIX/ASA firewall related issues and backup support for central office Checkpoint firewall related issues.
- Analyze and resolve network performance and problems using NetScoutInfiniStream (formerly General Network Sniffer packet capture) and WireShark.
Confidential, Winsted, CT
Senior Network Consultant
- Worked with clients of varying size to design, install, support and maintain their routed LAN/WAN infrastructure.
- Designed, Implemented, and supported the following technologies: Cisco Switches, Cisco Routers, PIX Firewalls, Microsoft Windows 2000/2003 Advance Servers, Microsoft Small Business Server 2003, Microsoft Windows 2000/2003 Active Directory, Microsoft Exchange 5.5/2000/2003.
- Standardized and implemented best practice standards on all of the network hardware which resulted in improved network efficiency ad decreased downtime from about 30% to nearly 0%.
Confidential, Torrington, CT
- Designed, installed, maintained, and supported a complex routed LAN/WAN infrastructure for the hospital and outlying clinics.
- Maintained network security.
- Administered the corporate network and security infrastructure of a 500-node Windows NT/2000 network, consisting of 80 network servers (Dell & Compaq) running various network operating systems, including Windows NT 4.0, Windows 2000/Advanced server, Citrix MetaFrame XPE, Exchange 5.5/2000, IIS 4.0/5.0, and Red Hat Linux 9.0.
- Configured, installed and administered all VPN connectivity to the network. Hardware includes Cisco PIX Firewalls, Cisco 2610, 1720 and 860 routers.
- Configured and maintained Cisco Routers, Switches and PIX firewalls.
- Responsible for Information Systems project planning and budget management.
Confidential, Cheshire, CT
IT Manager/Network Engineer
- Designed, installed, maintained, and supported a complex routed LAN/WAN infrastructure for the hospital and Designed, implemented, managed and supported all aspects of enterprise computing systems for multi-site corporation.
- Supervised and managed all aspects of technology infrastructure including e-mail (MS Exchange), storage technologies, virtualization technologies, backups, phone systems, virus protection, patch management, asset management.
- Maintained network and Internet connectivity, performance, and security using Cisco Routers, Cisco Switches, and Cisco PIX Firewall.
- Performed day-to-day administration/troubleshooting of Lotus Domino Messaging Infrastructure supporting 300 users.
- Served as main point of contact on all IT-related matters
- Managed the acquisition, installation and maintenance of the organization’s local area network hardware/software.
- Provided technical supervision of technology interns; supervises other staff as directed; completes technology staff evaluations.
- Developed operating budgets and project budgets.