Network Systems Administrator
- Separated Confidential experience in network/systems administration and security detailed knowledge of security tools, technologies, and best practices. Extensive experience in troubleshooting all versions of Windows servers as well as some UNIX Sun Solaris, Sidewinder on both physical and virtual platforms technically proficient at configuring and maintaining Cisco switches and routers, Firewalls, DHCP, DNS, Active Directory, Backups. Superb diagnostic skills allow for solutions to be implemented immediately and effectively. Possess first-rate communications and collaboration skills to lead and work in concert with diverse groups effectively.
- Top Secret/SCI Security Clearance w/ CI Polygraph
Senior Systems Administrator
- Provided Tier 3 technical support to the Federal Bureau of Investigation on Unclassified, Secret, and Top Secret networks. Well-versed with HP Service Manager.
- Upgraded and maintained domain infrastructure with servers that include the following services: Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, File, Print, SCCM, BigFix, SharePoint, Blackberry, and many others.
- Central to migrating previously listed services from a Windows Server 2003 environment to 2008R2 or 2012R2.
- Built and/or installed Operating Systems, mostly using baseline images, for new/upgraded servers added to the domain on both physical and virtual platforms.
- Supported Windows Clusters in both a 2003 and 2008R2 platform. Experience with all RAID configurations.
- Assisted customers in setting up Hyper-V and VMware virtual servers. Applied direct input to virtualization configuration from previous training and experiences.
- Managed many aspects of the Domain Controller topology, reconfiguring services such as AD Sites Services, Group Policy Management, and both external/internal Domain Naming Service.
- Organized patch management on three separate environments for over 500 servers coordinating with multiple administrative teams and server owners.
- Utilized IBM Tivoli Endpoint Manager for patch management and reporting. Generated custom status reports weekly and on request.
- Implemented Dell OpenManage Server Essentials to remotely upgrade/configure Dell servers BIOS, DRAC, PERC, and other device firmware.
- Ability to create PowerShell scripts to streamline productivity and save resources employed such scripts in two major Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol DHCP migration efforts.
- Created Standard Operation Procedures SOP to be utilized by other team members whenever needed, personally stored and maintained in a SharePoint environment.
- Knowledgeable in Disaster Recovery DR , Continuity of Operations COOP , and High Availability HA .
- Carried on-call phone to provide after-hours troubleshooting support, home is minutes away from downtown D.C.
- 55th Electronic Combat Group COMSEC custodian, helped manage 120-item COMSEC account and user training.
- Provided control and maintenance for five classified servers and 83 workstations servicing over 300 group wide members.
- Responsible for the control, accountability, and security of all magnetic media within the secure 755 OSS facility.
- Performed on/off-aircraft maintenance of mission media, including reformatting disk-packs and reloading software.
- Accounted and safeguarded for all NATO/425 ABG COMSEC assets, ensuring secure voice and data capability.
- Coordinated Network Infrastructure maintenance responsible for seven geographically separated locations.
- Performed server updates while conforming to local network security posture, provided a reliable network for 170 personnel.
- Performed maintenance on Cisco switches and routers - trained on the use of Cisco IOS command line.
- Maintained Blackberry services, establishing vital global communications during contingencies and deployments.
Information Protection Operations
- Performed management and technical instructions on Combat Transport System CITS boundary equipment.
- Conducted routine vulnerability assessments on over 3.5K critical network devices using Internet Security Scanner.
- Provided first response to classified message incidents, base wide virus out-breaks and suspicious data gathering.
- Enforced DOD, Air Force, and PACAF instructional guidance on computer security awareness and user training.
- Integral in rebuilding failed Sidewinder Firewall multiple times, gained extensive knowledge in UNIX command line.
- Created and maintained all Top Secret user and administrative accounts, ensuring all personnel performed required training and had proper clearance. Ensured paperwork was properly completed and secured.
- Tasked with training users in Information Awareness IA and Communication Security COMSEC .
- Provided network administration to the 30M Fairchild Metropolitan Area Network comprised of 3,200 workstations and 48 systems servers.
- Supported Computer Support Technicians through the use of Remedy Action Request System, NetIQ Directory Resource Administrator DRA , Active Directory, Remote Installation Services RIS , Systems Management Server SMS , and Defense Messaging System DMS .
- Coordinated with AMC NOSC to resolve network issues and ensure compliance with enterprise policies and Time Compliance Network Orders TCNOs .
- Assisted in the migration to upgrade all workstations from Windows 2000 to Windows XP.
- Provisioned virtual machines using vCenter, adjusted vMemory and Storage on systems requiring more resources.
- Team lead for platinum support to support all Blackberry devices, on-call 24/7 to fix any and all issues.