- High - Performance IT Expert with Extensive Career
- IT Design, Implementation & Support
- Citrix, Active Directory & Windows OS SystemsDriven IT professional that has strong and diverse background in designing and implementing Citrix solutions and provide on-time delivery of aggressive project goals.
- Qualified technical lead with proven track record of building and implementing effective, cost-saving IT strategies for high-profile companies and clientele.
- Well-rounded candidate who has attained certifications in a number of key systems, including Citrix, Confidential, Cisco and Novell.
- Versatile leader who consistently accomplishes extensive consolidations, integrations and reorganizations in complex IT environments.
- Dynamic supervisor who is excited for new leadership opportunities in the design and architecture side of the IT industry.
- Infrastructure Maintenance
- Application Development
- IT Consolidation
- Servers & Networks
- Team Building
- Audit & Compliance Reports
- Systems Engineering
- Technical Support
Operating Systems: Windows NT 4/2000/2003/2008 , Windows XP/7, Sun Solaris 7/ 8, Linux and Novell 3.x/4.x./5.x.
Middleware: Citrix XENAPP 4.5/5.0, XENDESKTOP 4.0, Citrix Access Gateway/NETSCALER
Hardware: HP, Compaq Proliant, Dell, IBM (both Intel and iSeries processors), NCR servers and desktops; Sun servers and workstations; rack-mounted servers, hard drives, memory, external storage and Raid controllers
Virtual Servers: XEN Server, VMWARE ESX, Windows Server 2005, Virtual PC
Web Servers: MS IIS 4.0/IIS 5.0, iPlanet, BEA Weblogic
Databases: Oracle 9i/10G, MS Sql 6.5/7.0/2000/2005
Confidential, Lewisville, TX
Senior Systems Engineer
- Serve in vital role as subject-matter expert for all aspects of Citrix implementation and management.
- Collaborate with a team of 4 IT professionals on overarching strategic goals.
- Design and install long-lasting, effective solutions for more than 8K subscribers for XenApp, 1500 Xendesktop seats and 600 applications for Citrix. Handle evaluation and processing of all audit and compliance reports.
- Consistently designed and delivered effective IT solutions within agreed-upon specifications; met all milestones on regular basis.
- Well rounded in building unique published application/desktop environments as well as VDI environment.
- Received positive feedback from superiors, leading to enhanced responsibilities.
- Attained stellar customer feedback ratings for on-time deliveries and maintenance issues.
- Began tenure at the company working on Confidential and Confidential Exchange migrations and implementations; gradually moved into specialist role for all Citrix solutions.
- Designed and implemented variety of infrastructure upgrades and servers, including XenDesktop 2.0/4.0/5.6 Infrastructure, XenApp, DDC, PVS, Xen Server, Web Interface and Netscalers running CAG software.
- Rolled out XenApp 6.5 farm for migration from XA 4.5 farm.
- Skillfully consolidated Citrix farms to 64-bit shared farm; reduced physical server count substantially with multiple data center consolidations; servers included: Biscom Fax, WINS and Application.
- Migrated Active Directory from Windows NT4.0/2000 domains to Windows 2003 native domain.
- Gained expertise in batch scripting, VBScript and PowerShell.
Confidential, Irving, TX
Enterprise Support Engineer
- Oversaw all aspects of Windows 2000/2003 Active Directory throughout the tenure of a fast-paced contract position with clearly stated goals and aggressive timelines.
- Managed entire IT lifecycle, including design, installation, configuration and support.
- Built collaborative partnerships with numerous Fortune 1000 companies, providing expert technical support on Active Directory.
- Strategically identified all problem areas and designed solutions to address all outlying issues.
- Support included: AD replication, FRS, group policies, account lockouts, DFS, EFS, certificate services, Seize, Transfer FSMO and disaster recovery.
Tools: included: NTDSUTIL, EFSINFO, DFSUTIL, FRSDIAG, NETDIAG, DCDIAG and REPADMIN.
Confidential, Fort Worth, TX
- Expertly coordinated IT technical support in both corporate headquarter data center and remote locations.
- Gained vital proficiency in Active Directory’s advanced features, including group policy, organization units, directory, file structure, quotas, web sharing and replication.
- Optimized many systems administration areas with constant, thorough performance and security monitoring; coordinated service packs, security patches and antivirus updates.
- Streamlined operations and cut costs by automating administrative maintenance using Shell script, VBScript, WSH and ADSI.
- Supported middleware that included MSCS, IIS 4.0/5.0, SQL 7.0 and Citrix Metaframe 1.8 based servers.
- Configurations included DHCP, DNS, WINS File, Print, FTP and web servers.
- Served in leadership capacity over 24/7 data center, ensuring smooth operations of all Windows NT, Novell and web servers.
- Installed and configured Windows terminal servers 4.0 and Citrix Metaframe 1.8. Managed trust relationships and handled maintenance/support, performance tuning, security, disk/volume management, backups and user admin.
- Resolved numerous problems by utilizing Windows troubleshooting tools.
- Evaluated performance and security logs, obtaining important information on networks and computers.
- Configurations included DHCP, DNS, WINS, GSNW, CSNW, RAID 5 and RAID 1.
- Rolled out Y2K compliant desktops, in concert with team of support engineers; shadowed clients to diagnose application problems.
- Supported Cisco switches, routers, X.25/X.400/SMTP/NT Gateways, Modem Eliminators, Token Ring, Ethernet, Confidential Mux and Fiber Mux.
- Overhauled anti-virus program for entire enterprise network.