To attain a challenging position that will allow me to utilize and enhance my Systems Management and Technical Skills.
Languages: Unix Shell, Perl, Windows scripts, DCL scripts, Batch files
Operating Systems: Solaris, AIX, HPUX, Microsoft Windows, Windows NT, Data Ontap (NetApp),OpenVMS
Configuration Management: Clearcase/Multisite (Base & UCM), CVS, RCS, SourceSafe,AccuRev,TFS
Software Applications: Mercury Quality Center,Veritas Netbackup, Final Builder, NIS, NIS+, NFS, Samba, Extraview, Microsoft Project, Microsoft PowerPoint, Microsoft Word, Visual Studio, TCP/IP, DNS, Flexlm
Hardware: Variety of Windows & Unix Systems/Servers, Tape Libraries, Exabyte, Optical disk, SCSI device setup
Confidential, Beverly, MA
Senior System Engineer & SCM Admin
- Senior systems Engineer & Manager of Software Infrastructure.
- Supporting the Software Infrastructure, maintaining several Sun Solaris servers and Windows clients, NetApp Servers including backup servers, Samba Servers, NIS Servers, license servers and SCM Servers onsite and offshore.
- Setup SCM storage on NetApp, CIFS, qtree.
- Perform upgrades of Veritas Netbackup Software and Data Ontap Software for NetApps.
- Troubleshoot client/server and network problems.
- Performing System Maintenance.
- Setup CIFS Shares in NetApp for access from Microsoft Windows Systems.
- Setup backup/recovery system of NetApps using Veritas Netbackup, backup up to NDMP Tape Libraries.
- Define and setup the Snapshot schedule for NetApp Volumes.
- Create and Document Server up - grade projects, backup/restore process, shutdown and startup procedures for all Servers.
- Work with other Departments to minimize down time during Scheduled maintenance and upgrades.
- Manage licensing for multiple third party applications.
- Perform install and upgrade of multiple applications. Create and maintain documents for training end users as well as maintaining and troubleshooting client/server third party applications.
- Responsible for process improvements and achieving delivery dates.
- Review and recommend Software Tools to automate & improve SDLC process.
- Maintain & Create SDLC Process Documents including ISO docs.
- Document processes and provide training to software developers and other departments as needed.
- Run Daily jobs & software builds, check logs debug client/server/network issues.
Confidential, Newport, RI
Senior Unix/Clearcase Admin/Release Manager
- Perform upgrades assist all developers with Clearcase/Multisite use.
- Administer variety of Unix Systems (Solaris, AIX, HP) and Client/Server Software.
- Perform system upgrades & patches.
- Troubleshoot Systems, Network & software issues.
- Review current builds procedures, enhance build procedures, create & maintain build scripts & documents.
- Perform software merges/delivers, daily builds.
- Create, troubleshoot & test builds deliver releases to test group.
Confidential, Wakefield, MA
Release Manager/SCM Administrator
- Execute Software builds on Unix systems using Clearcase version Control Software.
- Update & maintain Unix build scripts for Telephony software.
- Troubleshoot builds.
- Deliver build releases to test group.
- Provide Clearcase and Unix Systems support to Software Engineers.
- Train new Employees for build process and Clearcase use.
- Troubleshoot Unix systems and Network issues
Confidential, Lexington MA
Senior Software Support Engineer
- Provide proficient timely technical support for Clearcase Unix Client/Server configuration Software.
- Project lead for training of new Software Support Engineers.
- Facilitate Technical group meetings for resolution of difficult Clearcase/Multisite issues including build &release issues, cmake, network & initial implementation issues.
- Recreate and report in detail client/server software bugs and resolutions.
- Setup and facilitate conference calls with third party vendors to resolve issues for hot customer sites.
- Second Tier support for Support Engineers.
- Document known problems and bug fixes.
Confidential, Topsfield, MA
Senior Support Engineer
- Acting Manager of Technical support for 50% of the time.
- Responsibilities include managing a staff of 6 software support engineers & technical receptionist.
- Project Manager of Online product Demo system.
- Create,maintain demo server & update scripts as needed on Openvms system.
- Project Manager for Beta testing of new software releases.
- Project Manager for a Major Release of the product Tapesys.
- Created and Maintained online competitive product analysis reports.
- Evaluate potential customer sites. Install, implement backup, restore & media Management Software products based on the site specific needs Liaison between Marketing & Software engineering.
- Provide On-site consulting including installation, configuration & site specific customizations for Unix/NT & Vax/OpenVMS systems.
- Create and maintain hardware support matrix.
- Provide 24 hour support coverage.