Network Engineer with more than seven years of experience in administrating, analyzing, designing, troubleshooting, and supporting wireless, voice and data for both large and medium sized Enterprise networks. Currently holds degree in Master of Computer Engineering (networking) and various Cisco s CCIE (R&S Written exam) CCNP (R&S), CCNA (R&S), CCNA (wireless), CCNA (voice)) and working towards. Possess and have shown skills need to resolve high level issues individually and as a part of a team. Possess excellent interpersonal, organizational and communication skills.
Layer 2: VLANs, VTP, STP, RSTP, MSTP, Ether - Channel, Layer 2 TunnelingLayer 3 EIGRP, OSPF, BGP, VRF, Tunneling, ACL, Route maps
VPN & Security: Layer 3 VPN (MPLS - BGP), IPSec, ASA Firewall, TACACS
Voice: Cisco Call Manager, Unity, IP Phone
Redundancy: HSRP, GLBP, VRRP
Load Balancing: F5 BIG-IP 3900, 6900
Services: NAT, DHCP, DNS, QoS, IP - SLA
Troubleshooting: Port Mirroring and Monitoring, Packet Sniffers, Wireshark, Network Monitoring Solarwinds Orion Network Performance Monitor
Routers & Switches: Cisco Nexus 5K, &k, Cisco Catalyst 6500 Series, Cisco ME 3400, Cisco Catalyst 4000 Series, Cisco Catalyst 3750 Series Cisco Supervisor 720, Cisco 3600 Series RoutersCisco 2800 Series Routers Extreme BlackDiamond 8800 Series router and Extreme Submit X350/X440 switches
Operating Systems: Linux, Windows server 2003, Windows server 2008, Windows XP, Windows 2000, Windows Vista and Windows 7
Ticket Systems: BMC Remedy
- Maintain and troubleshoot switch and application network connectivity, including DNS, DHCP, LAN and TCP/IP issues, accounts and security for all applications servers.
- Conducted problem recognition, research, isolation and resolution steps. Completed thorough documentation of problem resolutions.
- Build network documentation which includes accurate site inventory, site network diagrams, logical LAN/WAN diagram, network device list (routers/switches), server information sheets, network administration information document.
- High level and Detailed level design including LAN (L2/L3), WAN, Quality of Service
- Works with Network Engineering Group and design the IP routing schemes based on OSPF & BGP
- Managing and trouble shooting of Cisco Nexus 7000 Switches. Including installation, upgrades, and configuration and management of VLANs, Port Security
- Provisioning, installation of Cisco AP throughout the client site
- Provided site-to-site MPLS VPN connectivity.
- Assisting in performing network analysis, monitoring, and troubleshooting tools.
- Daily customer, ticket (Remedy) and time updates.
- Network analysis and capacity planning experience using tools like Sniffer, Wireshark
- Worked with vendors and provided technical support for Websense Triton Security upgrade and installation. Defined and applied new security rules and filters based on new security policies at the client site.
- Provided technical support in purchasing, installation, configuration, maintenance and upgrade of network hardware, operating systems and supporting software.
- Established interactive communication with the end users to understand their day-to-day problems and subsequently provide satisfactory solution in time.
- Creates and maintains network documentation.
- Working on Router 2800, 2600, 2500, 3640, 3825, 3700 switches such as Cisco 3725, 3560, 3550, 2960, 2950, 4500 & 6500 and Firewalls like Cisco PIX 515, 525 and ASA 5510.
- Creating Network uptime report and sending to the management as per weekly schedule.
- High level and detailed level design including LAN (L2/L3), WAN, Quality of Service
- Works at different customer’s sites for resolving different issues. Work with the customer higher management in lowering the escalation of the issues.
- Provides to customers and first line support on various topics.
- Re-produce different customer issues locally and simulates the customer problems. Works with design team in fixing these issues.
- Writes the method of procedures (MOP) for customer for the deployment of the fix.
- Works with the first line support on the maintenance windows with different customers.
- Addressing trouble tickets until a resolution has been reached, and/or the customer is satisfied with the result.
- Used DHCP to automatically assign reusable IP addresses to DHCP clients.
- Time to time upgrade network connectivity with multiple link paths and routers running HSRP, EIGRP in unequal cost load balancing to build resilient network.
- Upgrade IOS, Flash memory and DRAM on core routers and field routers.
- Responsibilities: Network Monitoring, Incident response, communications management, and Reporting.
Voice Deployment Engineer
- Prepare Bill of Material for the upgrade of the IPT cluster (CUCM, UCCX, ER, UC) to Release 8.5 (C - Series)
- Design a global dial plan
- Generated reports for call usage with CDR from CallManager.
- Design and Configure the SRST for the remote site connectivity on Cisco 3945 routers.
- Troubleshoot any voice network related issue
- Configure DNS, TFTP and DHCP server for new Cisco phone 7940, 7960 installation
- Resolve customers problems over phone and at the customer sites such as user profile, user mobility features
- Building the network inventory
- Assessed the current LAN/WAN network including Cisco switches/routers.
- Coordinating with Vendor regarding Link status and reporting on timely bases to Superiors
- Accessing the customer network and prepare network readiness by evaluating the network parameters
- Evaluate the QoS configured in the customer network
- Configure network redundancy at layer 2 and layer 3 using Etherchannel, HSRP, VRRP and GLBP
- Develop and execute the several customer specific solution test plans
- High level and Detailed level design including LAN (L2/L3), WAN, Quality of Service, and F5 Load Balancers (LTM) and Checkpoint Firewall rules configuration for Microsoft OCS.
- Provide to junior testers and developers
- Simulates various complex customer’s network to assure the successful deployment
- Reproduce different customer’s issues and work with development to fix and test the solution
- Present various presentations on different topics related to the solution deployment
- Writes and compile various technical documents for support organization
- Provides technical guidance and direction to different R&D groups for testing, features requirement, customer trials and deployment.
- Work with Service providers for network connectivity and route redundancy.
- Provided pre-sales and post-sales technical support.
- Installed, configured and supported the local area network (LAN), wide area network (WAN).
- Performed backups on local hard drives in Windows Server 2003 using Microsoft Server Backup
- Configuration of different services on F5 load balancers (e.g. SharePoint, Oracle single sign-on, Citrix)
- Installation and configuration of Linux based systems and new VM (windows / Linux) into VMware environment
- Provided configuration support for BGP
- Configured and troubleshoot routing protocols (EIGRP, OSPF)
- Generate various reports on different parameters e.g. port usage etc.
- New VLAN and trunk configuration on IDF switch for new sites.
- Configure the QoS for voice on new VLAN
- Created and analyzed log files for issues reported, resolved and pending.