- 9 years of experience in IT industry.
- Datacenter Support, HP Servers, Datacenter Designs
- Remote Support for Windows and Solaris
- Installing configuring and managing Sun Solaris, Windows 2000, Windows server 2003, 2008 and Windows Clusters.
- MS SQL administration, DB Mirroring, Replication and Clustering.
- ESX / ESXi 4.X & 5.X Installation, configuration and administration.
- ESX / ESXi 4.X & 5.X Patching and upgradation. vCenter 4.X & 5.X, P2V convertor, HA, DRS and FT
- Veeam One Monitoing, Veeam Backup, VMware vSphere Data Protection
- Web server IIS 6.0 and 7.0
- Citrix XenApp 6.5
- Experience on EMC SAN & NAS (VNX & Unisphere), HP DAS and Software NAS.
- Cisco hardware Load balancer and core switch configuration.
Networking: DNS, TCP/IP, NFS, SMTP, Samba, DHCP, Ethernet networking, routing.
Backup technologies: Quantum Tape Libraries, VERITAS (Symantec), Backup Exec
Lead Systems Engineer
- Working for a 6 member team (Based in Bangalore and the rest of the team is in US) last level support for servers for a particular business in Bangalore, Tiverton, Docklands, Minnesota and Beijing.
- Last point of contact for all OS level technical issues.
- Build/Configure/Maintain/Troubleshoot/decommission PROD, Pre - PRDO, DEV and Test Servers based on project teams request. Std OS includes Windows 2003, Windows 2008 and Windows 2008 R2 and Solaris OS. All the servers are running on HP Hardware, VMware VSphere 4.0 and4.1.
- Responsible for DB/ Microsoft Cluster builds. Windows/SQL cluster using DAS/SAN and ISCSI.
- Discusses project requirements with the architects team and based on that decides the Server and other Hardwares to go for. Once the budget is approved, works with sourcing team for the purchase.
- Works with HP and other hardware vendors on AMC and support contracts
- Configure/Maintain/Troubleshoot backup facilities - currently using Symantec Netbackup software and Quantum M1500 and Superloader 3 tape libraries for backup.
- Completed a project on migrating Bangalore Production servers to VMware and configuring backup solutions. Used VMware ESX 4.1 and VMware ESXi 4.1 for hosting new 2008 production servers and used VMware Data Recovery Agent for backup. Old servers were running Windows 2003.
- Completed similar projects in New York and managing all the management servers through Vcenter Linked mode. We are using Vcenter 5
- Worked on ESX/ESXi patching, and on ESX and ESXi VSphere 5 upgraded.
- Worked on VMware High Availability Clusters/DRS Cluster/vCenter 4.1/Templets and vCenter Update Manager.
- Manage EMC VNX 5300 Storage
- Responsible for budget planning and Datacenter related purchases and AMC contracts.
- Build/Configure/Maintain and Troubleshoot SQL DB servers - SQL 2000, 2005. 2008 R2 and SQL Cluster/Mirror/Replication.
- Build/Configure/Maintain and Troubleshoot Web Application servers - IIS6 and IIS7
- Patch all PROD/Pre PROD/ DEV and Test servers for the group. Uses Bigfix tool for patching/ Manual patching.
- As most of the applications running Windows 2003 on HP hardware, successfully completed a project on migrating all these servers to VMWare running Windows 2008 R2.
- Work with Application support team and Developers on their coding issues to help them.
- Automate servers operations required by the project - writes VBScript to automate these requirements. Also writes scripts to help developers to overcome development limitations.
Technologies Involved: VMware HA/DRS Cluster + FT, SQL Cluster, EMC SAN + CISCO MDS, EMC VNX 5300, CISCO Loadbalancer, VDP and Symantec backups, Quantum Tape Libraries.
- Working for a 12 member team providing L2 and L3 level of remote support for a Canadian Financial giant.
- Last point of contact for all OS level technical issues.
- Commissioning/Configuring/Maintaining/Troubleshooting/decommissioning and QA - Windows 2003 and windows 2000 OS on servers running on HP and Dell hardware.
- Providing AD support, responding to user issues and working with Terminal services team fixing Citrix issues.
- Coordinating various teams like Backup, Storage, Database and Terminal services team to fix user problems.
- Working with various client side application team for patching, troubleshooting and instilling various client specific applications.
- Member of a team responsible for planning and implementing DR testing which will be happening 4 times in every year.
- Working on Remedy ticketing system, handles all kinds of incident and change management.
- Working on Canada timings. Part of 5 member team providing 24 Hrs on call support on Saturdays and Sundays and providing on demand support during the week days in case of any emergencies.
- Responsible for IIS based requests from the client for creating/trouble shooting web/FTP sites.
- Coordinating onsite Breakfix team for Hardware and Network related issues.
- Hosting conference calls with the client in case of any critical changes taking place.
- Responsible for creating monthly and yearly AD reports for client auditing.
- Uses MSTSC, RoyalTS, Citrix, Drac and ILO for remote administration.
- Took initiative and carrying out on a Service Improvement Plan that will automate all possible daily and weekly activities, which will reduce team effort.
- Configuring/Maintaining/Troubleshooting EMC Replistor software used by the client for data replication.
- Working in a L2 team managing 500+ servers of various customers - providing platform support for windows 2000 and Windows 2003 remotely - handles all kinds of incident and change management.
- Working on HP Open view ticketing system
- Installing/Configuring/Maintaining/Troubleshooting - Windows 2003 and windows 2000 OS on servers remotely.
- Patching all windows servers using UPDATE EXPERT/RADIA/WSUS and SHAVLIK.
- Working on Hardware issues coordinating with customer and Hardware team onsite.
- Implementing /Maintaining/Troubleshooting - Software instillations and all kinds of server configurations including clusters and IIS
- Helping and coordinating various teams like Network, Backup, Storage, Database and applications in fixing the server issues.
- Implementing /Maintaining/Troubleshooting - MacAfee and Norton antivirus solutions.
- Troubleshooting - Storage related issues.
- Received best performer award for successfully completing HP Openiew migration project.