Senior Systems Administrator
- Mentored junior IT staff on smaller projects and providing general IT assistance.
- Replaced aging tape backup system with new Tandberg T40+ 40TB tape backup unit and created new backup schedule with Symantec Backup Exec 2012 for critical business files and archives.
- Created new DMZ network zone with strict security policies and migrated five public facing, production web and project servers into it.
- Performed emergency replacement of central Cisco 3925 router handling traffic for 19 offices. Replaced three Cisco 2960 switches, one Cisco 5520 ASA firewall and two Cisco 1911w integrated wireless routers. Worked with support technician to perform one Intel - tel 5000 phone system upgrade.
- Participated in Windows 7 upgrade for remote office of 75 staff and VoIP deployment for 65 staff within local office.
- Responsible for operation and optimization of 12 Bluecoat ProxySG WAN acceleration devices spread-out across Northern US and Canada.
- Updated and maintained public facing IIS7 FTP website and webserver.
- Exposure to Windows Sync, Hyper-V virtual machine creation/maintenance, DMVPN network design and Microsoft LifeSize videoconference in a medium to large production environment.
- Performed iSCSI SAN replacement, replacing an out of warranty 5 terabyte SAN with a 16 terabyte Dell EqualLogic PS4100E.
- Developed a disaster recovery plan for business-critical services and data with Symantec Backup Exec 2012
- Developed business relationships with new IT vendors for item procurement and oversaw all IT purchases and grant opportunities throughout employment
- Performed three office moves from identification of new office space through construction to physical relocation and reconfiguration of all equipment
- Took part in candidate interviews for Chief Information Officer, Knowledge Manager, Helpdesk Specialist and IT Systems Administrator and Helpdesk roles
- Through HP product grant and VMware ESXi 4.1 purchase, virtualized entire physical server infrastructure including Exchange 2010 e-mail server, domain controllers, file and backup server amongst three HP Proliant DL360 G7 hosts
- Upgraded/standardized all servers to Windows 2008R2. Introduced Linux Ubuntu servers for applicable services including: RequestTracker for new IT Helpdesk System, Nagios for network monitoring and MRTG for bandwidth reporting
- Tested, installed, configured, and deployed full Microsoft Lync enterprise voice for IM, voice, video, and application sharing for all staff
- Deployed and managed Skype Business for all staff
- Moved server and laptop antivirus (AVG) and e-mail spam filtering (Google Postini) in-house from third party contractor for cost savings and subsequently managed these services
- Implemented laptop backup service for all staff with Crashplan ProE
- Replaced and upgraded local Dell R410 servers in San Francisco, Seattle, Washington DC and Geneva offices
- Upgraded, maintained and reconfigured Dell MD3000i SAN with 10 terabytes of storage use for e-mail, public share drives and virtual server hosts
- Overhauled all office networks organizational needs and good network design principles. This included purchasing, configuration and deployment of Cisco ASA firewalls to accommodate new direct internet access circuits in each office location, upgrading 10/100mbps Cisco 3560 Catalyst switches to Cisco 3750-X Catalyst switch stacks and creating a cookie-cutter standard design for new offices and new office cost projections
- Instituted QoS on all office networks to prioritize voice and video traffic
- Upgraded every office internet bandwidth line to meet needs per bandwidth reports. Increased bandwidth at existing MPLS circuits and implementing new MPLS circuits where necessary.
- Configured and deployed two Cisco Unified Wireless 2504 controllers and sixteen 1141 access points to standardize office networks and wireless connectivity throughout firm
- Worked with third party to implement IP SLA based routing over IPsec GRE VPN tunnels as MPLS failover system
- Self-taught existing Cisco Call Manager and Unity Connection 6.1 to support organization and implemented a phone system backup schedule after migrating entire phone system to Cisco Business Edition 5000 obtained through a Cisco grant and upgrading to Cisco Call Manager 8.5 and Unity Connection 8.5
- Contracted Blackbox Networks to support and optimize voice system once stabilized
- Standardized all staff to single laptop manufacturer (Lenovo), operating system (Windows 7), and Office Productivity Suite (Office Standard 2010)
- Created and maintained all workstation images through Symantec Ghost
- Addressed all staff issues related to any aspect of IT, voice and video conference at Confidential
Senior Desktop Engineer
- Network Redesign and Implementation. Eight month independent project planning, designing and implementing a new network within the Boston office. Setup included (1) Sonicwall Firewall, (2) Cisco Catalyst switches, (2) 3COM switches, (1) HP Procurve switch, (1) Cisco router
- Intranet Replacement. Research, identify, implement and train staff on a new intranet for the foundation. Self-trained on Microsoft Sharepoint Services 3.0. Solely responsible for training of 400+ staff, site setup, ongoing support, maintenance, troubleshooting and failover design.
- Helpdesk Replacement. Given staff feedback, departmental needs, and future growth considerations: identify and implement a helpdesk for major foundation initiatives.
- Office Expansion. Design and implement network infrastructure for additional office space housing 25 staff. Included 3000ft of Cat6e upgraded wiring.
- Evaluate and Reduce Telecommunications Costs. Identify and implement new conference call provider. Worked with several vendors and staff to establish pricing, ease of use and reliability.