- Self - motivated Windows Systems Administrator with a strong technical background in configuring, maintaining and deploying Windows 2003 / 2008R2 Servers in an enterprise corporate environment both physical and virtual. Able to work independently or as part of a team to provide timely technical solutions and customer support.
Operating Systems: Windows Server 2000 / 2003 / 2008 R2, Windows XP, Vista / 7, Confidential OS/2, UNIX
Hardware: HP / Compaq Proliant Servers, NCR Servers, Qlogic / Emulex HBA’s HP Array Controllers, Confidential xSeries
Software: Active Directory, Double-Take Availability, Double-RecoverNow, VMWare vSphere Client, Symantec / Veritas NetBackup Client, Backup Exec and Storage Foundation 5.1 for Windows, Exchange 5.5, HP Insight Manager, Microsoft Office, VB and Command Line Scripting
Networking: DNS, WINS, DHCP, TCPIP, SMTP
Windows Systems Administrator
- Provide 7x24 support for Level 1 support team.
- Utilize Remedy for Service Requests and Incident handling.
- Create and update technical documentation for software and hardware installations ensuring standard configurations across all servers.
- Manager Users, Groups and Computer Accounts using Active Directory Users and Computers.
- Create and update server images with WAIK to ensure standard software configurations allowing for timely server deployments.
- Utilize HP Insight Manager to proactively monitor servers for potential and current hardware issues.
- Utilize Shavlik Netchk to test / deploy new Microsoft security patches and coordinate with client ensuring minimal down time.
- Test, deploy and document Double-Take Availability / RecoverNow installations that provided client a Disaster Recovery Solution for survival critical applications across 2 Datacenters.
- Perform Quarterly DR failover tests to ensure clients infrastructure is DR ready.
- Implement Windows Clustering for High Availability Solutions.
- Coordinated NetBackup Client upgrade for server environment of approximately 3000 servers using scheduled upgrade scripts during non-business hours.
- Coordinated server relocations from Simsbury Datacenter to Hartford Datacenter with no loss of service.
- Utilize Change Management process to ensure client awareness of changes to the server environment.
- Configure and Manage SAN storage attached to Windows Servers.
- Backup Servers utilizing Veritas NetBackup or Backup Exec.
- Tested new hardware, updated drivers on Compaq Proliant and HP NetServer servers ensuring standards across all platforms.
- Created technical documentation for software and hardware installations to ensure standards across all server configurations.
- Collaborated with hardware vendor to identify failed components and successfully resolved hardware issues.
- Provided Hardware support to on-call staff.