- Over 7+ years of experience in IT Industry including System, NAS and Storage administration.
- Extensive knowledge of NAS and SAN storage, which includes migrations and deployment, maintenance and trouble shooting.
- Experience in storage provisioning by LUN creation and mapping them to different operating systems including Windows, Solaris, Linux and ESXi4.0/5.0
- Expertise in managing and configuring NFS, CIFS, FC and iSCSI protocols for UNIX and windows systems.
- Created Aggregates, Flex - volumes, Qtrees, and exported them using NFS and CIFS
- Created Luns, igroups and mapped the Luns to ESXi4.0/5.0 servers using FC and iSCSI
- Experience in migrating CIFS and NFS data using Securecopy and rsync scripts between multiple platforms (Microsoft Windows Cluster to NetApp).
- Setup Snapmirror and Snapvault replications
- Good knowledge and hands on experience in different kinds of operating systems like Linux/Solaris/AIX/Windows administration
- Experience working with VMware ESX server platform.
- Good Knowledge of Confidential C-Mode
- Experience in management and monitoring of storage systems using various tools like filer view, Oncommand System Manager, Operation Manager (DFM).
- Performed numerous Ontap upgrades from 7.3.11 to 7.3.3P3 to 8.0(7-Mode) including shelf upgrades, disk firmware, Kernel diagnostics and RLM
- Proficient in working with different storage protocols that includes ISCSI, FCP, CIFS, NFS, NDMP protocols.
- Experience with different Confidential technologies like creating aggregates, volumes, quotas, snapshots, snapmirror, snap vault, flex clones, deduplication, vfilers, snap manager, snap drive, MPIO, snap restore and thin provisioning technologies.
- Day to day monitoring of different storage systems using system statistics and performance statistics methodologies(pktt, perfstat)
- Excellent analytical problem solving, communication, knowledge transfer skills with ability to communicate with multiple vendors.
Storage Hardware: FAS2000 Series FAS3000 Series Fas6000 Series
Storage Software: Data OnTap Filer View Oncommand System Manager Management Console CIFS NFS iSCSI FCP Snapvault Snapmirror Operations manager Snap Manager Protection Manager Data Fabric Manager
Operating System: Windows 2000/2003/2008 Solaris 9/10 RHEL 4/5.x Linux OnTap 7.x/8.x
File Systems: ufs, swapfs, tmpfs, vxfs, zfs, ext3, jfs2, ntfs, wafl
Confidential, Sacramento, CA
Storage Management Engineer
- Monitored client environment and advised client on the best methods to optimize the performance and take full advantage of the resources available.
- Identified issues that were impacting the performance in the environment such as high latency, iops, high CPU readings, and misaligned LUNs.
- Advised the team on the best course of action and prepared action plan, best practices, and the usage of deduplication and thin provisioning.
- DFM/Operations Manager - configured to monitor filers and email alerts when thresholds are reached certain percentage such as full aggrs/volumes/qtrees, LUNs, loss of connectivity, performance problems, high latency, iops.
- Prepared quick guides for the team on various Confidential functionality and put together essential commands.
- Prepared the documentation for LUN migration procedure for the team to follow for the upcoming LUN migration using snapmirror.
Confidential, Bartlesville, OK
Sr. NAS Administrator
- Installed and managed FAS2020, FAS2040, FAS3020, FAS3050, FAS3070, FAS3140, FAS3160, FAS3170, FAS3210, FAS3240, FAS3270, FAS6030, FAS6040, FAS6080, FAS6240 and FAS6290
- Worked on OnTap versions 18.104.22.168P4, 7.3.7P1, 8.1, 8.1.2, 8.1.2P3, 8.1.3P1(7-Mode) and 8.1.2P1, 8.1.2P2(C-Mode).
- Responsible for all the day to day administration work and monitor the Confidential NAS infrastructure.
- Was a Member of a vibrant and active NAS storage administration team located across the globe.
- Responsible for all snapmirror daily jobs and update/troubleshoot any lagged mirror jobs.
- Responsible for monitoring Confidential Systems using Operations Manager
- Migrate volumes using protection manager from one resource pool to another
- Setup/configured OSSV relationships and managed using Protection Manager
- Create Datasets, backup policies, aggregates and volumes.
- Setup and managed CIFS shares and NFS Export and troubleshoot issues in daily basis
- Involved in Change controls /Problem Management using BMC Remedy.
- Resolved any BMC remedy ticket to assisted users/customers with lost folders/files restore or any other problem they might be having.
- Performed Hardware/Software upgrade, replaced failed disks, nvram and applied patches
- Assisted other teams with any inquiry/questions about Confidential functions.
- Participated in bridge conference calls if needed to resolve performance issues.
- Setup C-Mode systems FAS6280 and installed 8.1.x(C-Mode)
- Created Vservers, lifs and assigned aggregates to vservers
- Created Volumes and exported them using NFS and CIFS by setting up export policies
- Setup Cluster Name Space/junctions and mounted volumes
- Setup failover policies on C-Mode systems
- Created failover groups for cluster LIF’s, node LIF’s and data LIF’s
- Created export policies and namespaces for the volumes and exported the volumes using the export policies
- Re-purposed the existing 7-mode HA-pair by adding into the cluster by enabling licenses and upgrading the OS with respect to C-mode
- Upgraded Cluster OnTap from 8.1 to 8.1.2P3 to fix the bugs
- Migrated data from legacy Confidential systems to new Confidential systems using snapmirror
- Involved in adding new disk shelves to existing FAS systems as part of Storage expansion
- Supported Confidential storage infrastructure for global customers and was scheduled for global on call
Confidential, Manhattan, NY
- Responsible for the implementation and maintenance of the entire Confidential SAN and NAS environment.
- Handful of experience in creating snapshots, reviewing volume snapshot counts and the removal of excessive or old snapshots that are associated with the volume.
- Creating Snap vault relationship between volumes and deleting old or unused snap vault relationships.
- Installed and configured data storage in Confidential FAS 3000 and 6000 series filers that run Data ONTAP 7 series using CLI and Filer View. Configurations include Vfiler, Flex clones, aggregates, volumes, qtrees and snapshots.
- Involved in the replication of data between volumes of the Confidential filers using Snapmirror technology.
- Created back up data for Disaster Recovery purposes using Snapvault Qtree replication.
- Used Flexclone Volumes and Flexclone LUNS and splitted them from Original volumes and LUNS in an aggregate to have their own priorities.
- Successful creation of LUN’s and assigning them to the ESX servers in the VMWARE Environment.
- Worked with different protocols that include NFS and CIFS for UNIX and Windows systems.
- Created Aggregates, volumes (FlexVol), qtrees and Quotas on Confidential Filers. Involved in creating CIFS shares, NFS exports.
- Configuring data storage in Confidential FAS3040, FAS3070, FAS 3170, V-Series filers that run Data ONTAP 7G using CLI and Filer View.
- Provisioned storage to customers that are using SAN by implementing ISCSI and Fiber Channel (FCP) provisioning.
- Migrated the NAS file Systems from stand-alone NAS server to Confidential arrays.
- Maintained 700+ TB data on Confidential filers and performed troubleshooting on a day-to-day basis.
- Involved in documentation, Troubleshooting, performance analysis, and issue escalation with vendors.
Environment: Confidential FAS 3000 series, V-Filers, FAS6000 series. Snapshots, SnapRestore, SnapVault, SnapDrive, Protection Manager, OnCommand System Manager, Management console, DFM/Operations Manager.
- Performed daily storage administration activities such as storage provisioning, capacity planning, code upgrades and implemented Storage best practices into customer’s environment
- Created aggregates, volumes, qtrees and shared them using NFS and CIFS
- Replacement of failed disks and setup spares as required accommodating any disk failures in Raid-4, Raid-dp aggregates.
- Added CIFS server to domain and created alias names using NetBIOS
- Created Vfilers and mapped it to volumes
- Configured multimode VIF configuration
- Created local groups and added AD users to the group
- Configured tape devices over fiber channel as part of an backup solution to backup data using VERITAS Netbackup.
- Troubleshoot and fixed CIFS and NFS issues and fine tune the filers for optimal performance
- Migrated the NAS file systems from stand-alone NAS server to Confidential filers.
- Configured snapshot schedules for volume level and snapvault replication
- Scheduled hourly, weekly and monthly snapshots to maintain online backup to recover from accidental deletions, corruptions or modification of data
- Setup snapmirror replication to nearstore and to DR filers
- Created Flexclones for DR-Test
- Worked on Snap Manager of SQL server for backup and instant restore
- Performed Ontap upgrades from 7.3.1 to 7.3.3P3 to 7.3.6, shelf module, disk firmware and RLM, Kernel diagnostics in a NDU method.
- Migrate volumes using snapmirror from one filer to another
- Allocated storage from AMS arrays to different OS platforms(Solaris, Linux, AIX, Windows and NetApp)
- Used DFM, filer view and Ontap CLI, Snapdrive in monitoring, managing, reporting and provisioning storage to the users.
- Restored the data from snapshots on the filers in case of accidental deletion
- Performed zoning on Brocade switches using Web tools and CLI
Environment: Confidential FAS2050, FAS3140, FAS3270, FAS6210, AMS2500, Brocade 5100, 300, DFM(Operations Manager).
Confidential, Atlanta, GA
Unix/NAS Systems Administrator
- Maintenance and support for Confidential filers including F2040, F3120.
- Implementation and support for a SAN network, based on a Confidential FAS and ISCI.
- Providing Automatic backup solutions for the NAS Storage by Integrating with the Backup Software.
- Maintenance and Troubleshooting of FILERS (NAS) hardware level and administration level problems
- Installed and Configured Confidential Filers FAS-2050, FAS-6040.
- Connected Filers to fibre Channel Network, Ethernet network, DAFS network, Remote management card, third-party SCSI tape backup devices.
- Fixed Compact Flash card Error by replacing the control panel subassembly.
- Fixed invalid Clock by replacing the motherboard battery.
- Updated the firmware to a version that contains an updated microcode database
- Installed and configured NearStore R200
- Used Operations Manager for managing and monitoring SnapVault and Open Systems SnapVault disk-to-disk backups.
- Installed and Uninstalled Data Fabric Manager on the different systems.
- Refreshed data using SnapMirror, Snapshot whenever needed.
- Installed iSCSI software and SnapDrive software.
- Configured Network Appliance SnapVault software for regular backup data stored on Confidential or any other storage platform to Network Appliance enterprise storage and NearStore systems, providing a centralized disk-based backup solution for heterogeneous storage environments.
- Created LUNs and Volumes across a large pool of disks and one or more RAID groups using FlexVol.
- Performed automatic, incremental data replication between systems: synchronous or asynchronous using SnapMirror.
- Restored single files, directories, LUNs and volumes from Snapshot backup using SnapRestore.
- Created aggregate, Add disks to the aggregate, Destroyed the aggregate using Data ONTAP 7.2
- Copied all data, including Snapshot copies and FlexVol volumes, from one aggregate to another.
- Created Qtrees from Flex volumes and setup/configured quotas.
- Work with Engineering, Sustain and deployment teams towards to ensure reliable and scalable Storage Infrastructure
- Worked with the system administrators to troubleshoot the issues in NAS migration project.
- Hands on experience on ONTAP 7.x with excellent understanding of Confidential data protection technologies like snapshot, snapmirror and snapvault
- Worked on Disaster Recovery Projects
- Worked closely with vendors in attaching/adding DS14 disk shelves
- Designed computer displays to accomplish goals using flowcharts and diagrams
- Storage space provisioning, Configure storage and file systems on UNIX servers
Environment: FAS 3000 series, Data ONTAP, Confidential Operations Manager.