- I have 22 years of experience in the Business and Information Technology Field. During these years, I have designed developed tested, maintained and documented applications using COBOL, JCL, TSO/ISPF, FILEAID, DB2, SQL, and many IBM Utilities.
- I have testing & quality assurance experience in various testing stages in the Systems Development Life Cycle (Unit, System, Integration, User Acceptance and Regression).
- I have functional knowledge of several configuration management tools. I am competent in Microsoft Applications in order to complete detailed administrative tasks.
- I am a Team player to work in conjunction with others to accomplish appointed responsibilities.
Confidential - Washington, D.C.
- Responsible for eVerifying.new employees’ work status eligibility for background investigation using Department of Homeland Security (DHS) computer system.
- Maintain MS EXCEL Spreadsheet for management reports.
- Create MS WORD documents for management documentation.
- Handles calls and promptly forward them to appropriate personnel.
- Responsible for scheduling meetings for all employees; escorts visitors to staff members' offices and conference room, along with provides hospitality service arrangements as requested by staff.
- Compose and distribute inter-departmental memorandums (e-mail - MS OUTLOOK, documentary and voice) ensuring timely delivery and receipt of important information while maintaining confidentiality.
Confidential - Washington D.C.
Senior Programmer/Analyst - Consultant
- Team leader for the Administrative Systems Modernization Project (ASMP) - Office of the Chief Financial Office Payroll Systems Modification. Performed reverse engineering by researching current system’s business rules to assist in mapping using VISIO creating process and system diagrams to convert COBOL II / ADABAS/ sequential files to PEOPLESOFT. Provided User Accepted Test plans to list the features in the software that will be tested and list of any areas of the software that will be excluded from the test.
- Created SQL ad hoc reports from DB2 tables.
- Updated work progress on a daily basis in Microsoft Project, prepared progress reports for management and clients.
- Created Requirements Documents to elicit information from project stakeholders. Attended Joint Application Development meetings for system review.
- Production support for Integral Payroll System. Scheduled COBOL II/DB2 jobs in CA-7 for nightly edits in support of DC Public Schools Payroll System. Downloaded CICS online transactions by manual submission of JCL jobs. Printed payroll register and rejected transactions report jobs from Sysout Archive and Retrieval ( SAR) to designated printers. Completed a Microsoft Excel spreadsheet with job numbers and emailed information via Microsoft OUTLOOK to users for review.
Confidential -Washington D.C.Senior Programmer/Analyst
- Created COBOL II programs and sequential files from Microsoft Access system to automate a MOORE 1099R format for Office of Pay and Retirement processing. Generated a Confirmation and control report from new COBOL II program to display amounts for disbursements and tax withholdings.
- Coded structured COBOL programs with embedded DB2 to reformat the existing DB2 tables accounting attributes by eliminating the need for the FMS (Financial Management System) interface with SOAR (System of Accounting and Report) system; Applying SOAR attributes to interface directly to the current payroll system.
- Participated in platform migration from OS390 to z/OS mainframe. Created test cases for system migration tasks. Submitted JCL jobs to test software functions on new z/OS that existed on old platform.
Confidential - Washington D.C.
Senior Systems Analyst -Consultant
- Delivered Request for Information (RFI) documents to access outside vendors’ information for data and metadata.
- Performed reverse engineering by converting ES 9000 Financial system including GEAC General Ledger Modules to O/S 390 platform.
- Used VISIO to create process and system diagrams.
- Created Use Case Diagrams in respect to the Actors interactions.
- Eliminated unsupported REPORT WRITER within COBOL II modules by writing Working Storage descriptions to produce reports from Pitney Bowes’ data, University Payroll, Student Accounts and various outside vendor interfaces.