A highly driven technologist with more than 15 years in Information Technology supporting storage management, performance, network, and data recovery processes. Able to analyze complex situations, mitigate risk, and facilitate problem resolution, while acting as a global cross - functional and cross-organizational technical expert. A tested leader defined by excellent verbal and written communication, with a collaborative approach and exceptional team building skills. Seasoned team-player with proven transitioning and coordination skills, ensuring crisp technical issue hand-offs to distributed offshore technical teams.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE:
Storage Management - Global Command & Data Center Operations - Performance Monitoring - Problem and Triage Management - Process Improvement - Business Continuity - Program/Project Management - Change Management - Team/Peer Group Leadership - - Service Level Compliance - Technical Training - Service Enabler
Extensive expertise in: DFHSM, SMS, RMF, SMF, Tivoli, DTS/DIF(D-Limit), JES2, VTAM, TCP/IP, NetView, Computer Associates Vantage and ASTEX, HSM Reporter/Manager, TSO, IBM Omegamon, ACC/SRS, Data Recovery/Restore, and IBM utilities.
Competencies in: TDMF, ACS Routines, ICF Catalog structure, DFSMS, DFDSS, ICKDSF, IDCAMS, FDR, CA-1, CA-7, Thruput Manager, Virtual tape and Virtual Tape Subsystems, Tape Library, Work Load Manager, RMM, FastAudit, USS, NDM, and EREP. Hardware EMC, Hitachi and IBM
Confidential, Addison, TX
Asst. VP; Consultant - Systems Engineer
- Evaluate and deliver production Level 3 break-fix solutions, ensuring achievement of service level agreements
- Research performance and capacity issues to enable root cause analysis, ensuring future system stability, integrity and availability
- Proactively monitor the IT infrastructure health to identify, manage, control and mitigate risk
- Support bank and partner networks, including system outage window verification
- Coordinate and consolidate problem management reporting efforts with cross-functional departments, application owners and business units
- Lead cross-departmental training efforts through the creation of technical training to expand peer skills and employee development
- Perform system reviews to identify areas of fragility, recover lost data and support user code enhancements
- Facilitate real-time performance by balancing work loads and job priorities
- Maintain and balance SMS storage groups
Confidential, Allen, TX
Technical Support Analyst Senior, Storage Management
- Proven success managing multiple issues, vendors/partners, and worldwide cross-functional teams supporting the operating system, applications and network environments to mitigate production outages with primary focus on storage management issues
- Exceeded mainframe service level agreements established with clients, achieving 100% availability
- Evaluated and provided process improvements and documentation enhancements
- Administered problem and change tracking systems for storage support teams
- Managed vendor product evaluation, configuration and testing
- Provided skills transfer to Operations staff by training on storage and z/OS system concepts
- Reclaimed 70,000 volser ranges, and recycled 40,000 9480 media
Confidential, Plano, TX
Service Center Analyst, Storage Management
- Supported disaster recovery efforts, client migration and backups, while ensuring disk and tape availability in a multiple sysplex environment.
- Drove cross-collaboration with engineering and business units, and supported a flawless transition for storage applications during Y2K.
Confidential, Dallas, TX
Storage Administrations Support
- Promoted to Storage Management Team after successful performance as Technical Support Analyst.
- Participated in efforts to convert to standardized nomenclature for storage and tape across multiple client systems and data centers.
- Implemented disaster recovery plans for new clients.