Detail-oriented and highly motivated, IT Security Analyst and Information Assurance with 3 years of experience in performing Assessment and Authorization, Vulnerability Scanning, POA M management, and Policy and Procedure, Proficient in the roles of the Security Assessment and Authorization process from initiation to continuous monitoring and well versed in NIST 800-53 Rev 3/4 requirements, demonstrates outstanding leadership with keen ability to support others, using a lead-by-example approach. Skilled in reviewing System Security Plans SSP , E-Authentication, Privacy Threshold Analysis PTA and Continuous Monitoring.
- Windows, UNIX and Linux, LAN/WAN Network, Office suite: PowerPoint, Word, SQL Server, VMware.
- Applications: Microsoft Office 2003, 2007, 2010 and 2013 Professional Suite.
IT Security Analyst
- Sound understanding and experience with NIST Risk Management Framework RMF process.
- Perform Information Systems Security Audits, Certification and Accreditation C A Test Team efforts.
- Generate, review and update System Security Plans SSP against NIST 800-18 and NIST 800-53 requirements.
- Review Technical Security Controls and provided implementation responses as to if/how the Systems are currently meeting the requirements.
- Determine security controls effectiveness i.e., controls implemented correctly, operating as intended, and meeting security requirements .
- Conduct Risk Assessments regularly ensured measures raised in assessments were implemented in accordance with risk profile, and root-causes of risks were fully addressed following NIST 800-30 and NIST 800-37.
- Develop NIST Compliant Vulnerability Assessments, technical documentation, and Plans of Action and Milestone POA M , and Address System Weaknesses.
- Assess existing Security Policies, processes, and templates against NIST guidance.
- Perform on-site and off-site security testing using vulnerability scanning tools such as Nessus.
- Ensure clients are in compliance with security policies and procedures following NIST 800-53 and NIST 800-53A.
- Provide IA Support and Risk Management Framework and Continuous Monitoring processes
- The acquisition of information and documentation to meet initial and annual certification and accreditation requirements set forth by various Federal agencies
- Review and ensured Privacy Impact Assessment PIA document after a positive PTA is created.
- Provide guidance and quality assurance to the system owner and ISSO on the development of C A documentation
System Engineer Volunteer
- Assist soldiers and family members on the use of Computer System and Accessories.
- Configured, troubleshoot, repaired and maintained Desktops and Laptops systems with the facility.
- Assisted users on the use of Application Software.
- Co-ordinated trainings on Microsoft office and other software.
- Assembled and make operational computer systems and other office equipment such as printers, copiers and scanners.
- Ability to set priorities, able to multi-task in a complex/fast paced setting and manage customer's expectations
- Provided repairs to computer system and accessories within the facility
- Troubleshoot and resolve all LAN/WAN issues
- Test systems to ensure elimination of bugs and viruses
- Perform upgrade and patching on existing computer system within the facility
- Evaluate threats and vulnerabilities of each system and ensure proper safeguards are in place to protect the environment
- Plan, implement, install, operate and maintain systems hardware, software applications and Information Technology infrastructure.
- Perform functional analysis and cost benefit studies to determine proper allocation of resources.
- Provide hardware and software engineering support for Information Systems utilizing object oriented programming and client / server applications
- Oversee the testing and monitoring of applications and systems performance.
- Install and implement new programs, modules, servers, hardware, and network equipment when necessary to upgrade, improve resources or increase compatibility.
- Configured, troubleshoot, repaired and maintained Desktops and Laptops systems.
- Provided IT solutions for staff, students, acted as consultant to departmental heads, Co-ordinated and supervised student's computer practical works.
- Support staff and end user with resolution of systems issues, malfunctions or software programming problems.
- Responsible for the purchase of computer systems and accessories for Departments.
- Co-ordinate periodical workshops on computer security awareness for staff
- Assembled all department computer systems and other office equipment such as printers, copiers and scanners.
- Maintain hardware and software inventory for components
- Installing, configuring and maintaining Windows Operating System including patches, updates, and performance monitoring.
- Troubleshoot personal computers provide network and troubleshooting hardware and software for students and staff.
- Liaise with Internet Service Provider for quick and prompt solution to network issues
- Assist with URL and/or TCP monitoring for critical web sites
- Strong troubleshooting skills and experience in Windows OS, Linux, Ubuntu
- Develop and present detailed technical documentation
- Responsible for selling Computer systems and accessories with the sale of after sale maintenance and warranties to customers
- Provide training for clients on the use of Windows OS, Microsoft office suites, other software and Hardware troubleshooting
- Maintained, organize the training department and liaised with other IT providers for the effective dispensation of services to our clients.
- Evaluate customer or product requirements to develop total systems solutions within project timelines and cost constraints.
- Provide assistance with systems planning, business information analysis and process improvement initiatives.
- Identify, evaluate and correct hardware, software, desktop operations problems, and peripheral equipment
- Evaluate and resolve computer, system, and user's problems including compatibility conflicts, application operations, hardware malfunctions
- Monitor and report on system performance and vulnerabilities and provide recommendations for improvement.
- Ability to operate with minimum supervision, towards achieving specified objectives for each client.
- Analyze the technical requirements and details required for developing the system and proposed solutions for implementing the same to clients