- Over SEVEN years of IT professional experience as Citrix Engineer VMware Engineer and Microsoft Windows Systems Administrator for Implementation and Support of Windows 2008 R2 2008 2003 2000 and NT Servers on HP Dell Cisco IBM Compaq Blade Servers.
- Installing and tuning XenApp 6.5 and Xendesktop 5.6 and Group policy implementation on Citrix Application server. Migrating applications from MetaFrame Server and Presentation Server 4 4.5 to XenApp 6 6.5 and Xendesktop 7 apps and Migrating Virtualized VDI servers and desktop from Windows 2003 to Server 2008 and Windows 7 in Provisioning Server.
- Extensive experience with Citrix XenApp Edgesight Netscaler Microsoft Server OS Microsoft AppV and Citrix Provisioning Services.
- Installing configuring and administering user profiles using Citrix Profile management.
- Installing configuring and administering EdgeSight for Load Testing to test load and performance of XenApp environments.Hands on Experience in Installing Configuring Troubleshooting VMware ESXi 5.0/4.1/4.0/3.5 vSphere 5.0/4.0 vCenter.
- Configuring VM s on ESX server and installing hosts and Migrating Virtual Machines across various VMware ESX Server Workstation and VMware servers.
- Extensive experience in migration of servers P2P P2V and V2V by using VMware Converter and Platespin.
- Installing and tuning Presentation Server 4.0 4.5 and 5. Installing approved hot fixes on Citrix Production servers.Experience working with ITCM SCCM.Knowledge of .NET Frameworks 4.0 and 4.5.1 installation configuration and troubleshooting.Performing UAT of the applications. Publishing Applications Desktops and Content. Assigning published resources to users. Assign published applications and desktops to servers. Disabling and hiding published resources.Experienced in WINS DNS DHCP Virtual Server Administration and Patch Management on Microsoft Windows Servers.Installed Configured and Supported Intel or AMD based HP Proliant Servers and Blade Servers Dell Power Edge Servers. Extensively worked on VMotion Storage VMotion and Microsoft Active Directory.Experience in analyzing and troubleshooting Microsoft Windows Server hardware Software applications and clustered environment issues.
- Extensive experience in managing Data Center environment with Administering Installing and Troubleshooting Microsoft Servers and Workstations.
- Hands on Experience in providing Production support on 24/7 for Windows Servers.
- Knowledge on VMware ESX Server security tasks creating and applying Roles and Permission within Active Directory Users and Groups Configuring VMotion Resource Pool and DRS HA Cluster cloning and migrating VM machines.Expertise in System administration of Microsoft products like Windows server 2000/2003/2008 on x86bit and x64bit hardware.
- Proficient in Active Directory Group policy DNS DHCP and FTP environment.
- Experience in the design development and test of disaster recovery. Extensive experience in analysis design implementation and maintenance of enterprise system hardware and software mainframe and distributed platforms and incident management processes.
- Worked on HP Dell Cisco IBM server class hardware.Strong problem solving skills and a strong knowledge of ITIL Processes.Have great communication verbal and written analytical problem solving skills a committed team player as well as an independent worker able to work with minimum supervision and to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Virtualization VI3 VMware vSphere 4.0/4.1/5.0 VMware ESX 2.5/3.0/3.5 VMware ESXi 3.5/4.0/4.1/5.0 VMware vCenter vSphere Client VMware VDI VMware ThinApp View 4.6/5.0 Microsoft Hyper-V VMAX VMware Update Manager Platespin migrator. Citrix XenApp- MPS 4 XenApp 4.5 5 6 and 6.5 Citrix XenDesktop- 4 and 5 Citrix XenServer-5.6 and 6 Citrix Technologies- Secure Gateway Provisioning Services NetScaler Edgesight Profile Management.
- Operating Systems Windows Server NT 4.0/2000/2003/2008/2008 R2 Windows XP/Vista/7/8 Apple Mac OS WINTEL NT Hyper-v windows server 2012 Beta since April .
- Application Servers DNS DHCP Windows Active Directory Services FTP SFTP Microsoft Exchange 2003/2007/2010 Microsoft SharePoint 2007/2010.
- Workstation Apps Microsoft Office 2003/2007/2010 Outlook 2003/2007/2010 VMware workstation 5.0/6.0
- Directory Services/Internet Deploying and Migration of Windows Based Active Directory. Installation and Administration of IIS 6.0 DHCP DNS servers.
- Hardware HP Proliant Blade Server series Dell Power Edge Servers Intel x86 processors EMC SAN storage Cisco 2600 2800 3800 Routers Cisco Chassis HP C7000 Chassis Dell Chassis Cisco UCS C B Series HP Prolaint DL BL Series.
- Protocols ARP RARP PPP HDLC Frame-Relay STP RSTP MST VTP and HTTP FTP SMTP POP3 DNS DHCP TELNET SSH ICMP OSPF IGRP/EIGRP RIP IS-IS.
Manage of Citrix XenApp 6.5 Provisioning Services and EdgeSight 5.3.
Engineering and Management of Active Directory through Active Directory Administrator.
Building of four Citrix 6.5 Provisioning Servers right from the hardware installation to their release in the production Environment. Administration and support for applications hosted in Xendesktop 7 server handling L3 user tickets. Migrated and installed applications from MetaFrame server 2003 environment to Xendekstop 7.x Server 2012 environment.
Configure group policies and Xendesktop 7 policies for profile management and initial run configuration
Configured Machine Catalogs Delivery groups to applications configured IIS 8 and storefront to provide access to the users. Physical to Virtual Migration of the Print Server to two Virtual Print servers for better performance of the print environment.
Led monthly knowledge sharing sessions between the cross-functional development serving as a functional specialist and logistics coordinator. Presented functional and technical overviews of Citrix XenApp Presentation Server 4.5 and 5.0 EdgeSight 4.5 and 5.0 EdgeSight for Load Testing Password Manager Citrix Access Gateway Netscaler application streaming application packaging GPOs Active Directory and SQL Server.
Performed conceptual designs for Citrix XenApp 4.5 and 5.0 EdgeSight 4.5 and 5.0 Password Manager Citrix Access Gateway Netscaler Application Streaming by researching operational needs and Provisioning Server discussing with application experts and application users.
Tier III support and mentor to helpdesk staff providing documentation and timely resolutions and solving all the issues related to the printers. Weekly Reboot and snapshots of all the servers including the Print servers for error free print environment.Manually patching all the print servers and testing them in the print environment.
Monitoring all the users through Desktop Authority version 8.12.
- Maintain a senior level through work ethic and job specific certification standards
- Worked on BMC Remedy for ITIL process regarding Incident Management Problem Management. Extensively used remedy tool.Engineering and Management of VMware environment ESX 5.x.
- Management of Patching of all Windows Servers residing in Franklin SCCM 2007.
- Management of Solarwinds ipMonitor for monitoring the performance of entire Infrastructure.
- Analyzing Client s environment existing infrastructure and proposing a solution.
- Deploying and configuring Citrix Access Gateway to leverage connectivity for external users.
- Deploying Web interface/Xenapp sites for thick thin and mobile clients.
- Configured Citrix /TS license servers in enterprise.
- Deployed different farms for different verticals according to the business requirements.
- Assessing the possible scope for virtualization and planning the virtualization.
- Printer configurations on Citrix servers.Configuring Citrix policies Configuring load evaluator and configuring Edgesight monitoring.Migrating XP farm to PS 4.0 and Participating in the Load test and sanity testing.
- Analyzing the application candidates for Citrix environment.Documenting the standard operational process for support groups.Documenting play books for help desk.Attending and resolving escalated issues.
- Used Remedy 7.1 for ITIL v3 processes related to the Service Desk Incident Management Problem management Change Management This Remedy installation is the world s largest occurrence of Remedy.
- Monitoring maintaining Citrix Farm which includes 2000 servers 30000 users and 1600 applications. Up till current date built 30 Citrix Presentation 4.0 and 4.5 servers with more than 40 applications.
- Installing and configuring Citrix 4.5 XenApp 5.0 XenApp 6.0.
- Having experience on migrating from Citrix 4.5 to Xenapp 5.0.
- Uninstalling and Reinstalling Xenapp 5.0 6.0.Rebuild Corporate SMS Infrastructures to link 5 Primary Site Servers consisting of 800 workstations forming a Central site.Responsible for 2000 users as third level support of 70 applications on Xenapp 4.5. Work on future project for replacement of Citrix desktop broker to Xen Desktop and Citrix Provisioning Server for Desktop.
- Maintenance and troubleshooting of Citrix Server XenApp 4.5 running 30 plus Windows 2003 servers.
- Maintenance and troubleshooting of Citrix Server farm running 100 physical virtual Windows 2003 servers for production QA/Test and Disaster Recovery DR environment.
- Support IIS Citrix MS Application Support and troubleshooting in Citrix farm.
- Installing Edgesight 5.2 in Citrix.Changing Functionality mode for Edgesight agent client post installation
- Extending a Virtual disk in Vmware ESX.Planning and testing the application Virtualization for various new application releases using Citrix Streaming Profiler and publishing it to the Citrix farms.
- Provisioning new physical virtual servers and installing Citrix on them for expansion of Citrix farms.
- Analyzing Incident Change Problem tickets and providing status on daily and weekly status call.
- Health monitoring of the servers and taking appropriate steps to keep the Environment under control and publishing Applications. Load Management Citrix Policies Windows Server Administration.
- Proactively communicate with Project Manager and Service Delivery Managers Onshore Offshore about major issue.Global remote server support for approx 2000 physical and virtual VMWare ESX Microsoft windows servers.Oversee delegated Infrastructure activities e.g. maintenance reboot power down patching upgrades DR exercises maintaining production system for stability. Knowledge management on share point portal.
- Business users meeting IT issues discussion and resolution including escalations management and timely response. Ensuring right level or resource and expertise deployed during crisis.
- Logging into the Server through Remote Desktop and resolving the Issue.
- Publishing Different Applications and Printers on the Citrix Users Profile.
- Performing all aspects of account management. User ID creation Giving Rights to users and share folder etc...
- Publishing application. Deploying ICA client printer driver mapping shadowing users checking sessions managing server load and CPU utilization.Creating a test environment in citrix or Vmware for production team or test their applications.Creating new sites in Citrix web interface 4.0 hardcoding the webpage and installing hotfixes.
- Monitoring and managing the performance and the load balance of the Servers.
- Deployment of VMware vSphere ESXi 4.1 in multi Datacenter environment.
- Worked on Disaster Recovery projects using the VMWare SRM 4.0
- Administration of 1200 Virtual desktops in the view 4.5 environment.
- HP C7000 Chassis implementation with blade servers.
- Install and configure ESX servers on clustered environment using host profiles.
- Virtualization of 200 windows servers using Double-Take software from one to another data center
- Established POCs in test labs across migration scenarios such as P2P V2V and P2Vs.
- Involve in design and implementation of P2V V2V and p2P server migrations using Platespin.
- Worked on the virtualization using the Citrix XenDesktop and XenApp
- Create and Managing Printing policies in Citrix Environment
- Documentation of Double-Take Run books Workbooks Migration scripts and diagnostic procedures.
- Experience in EMC VNX 5300 SAN storage Administration.
- Experience with vBlock Overview and SAN storage administration
- Installed configured and updated firmware on UCS Chassis blade servers for physical migrations.
- Installation and configuration of Double-Take Availability.
- DNS change/Re-pointing validating activities as a part of the migration.
- Involved in the implementation of vCenter Heartbeat.
Windows VMware Admin
- Managing Internal VMware administration activities.
- Deployment/Installation/Up gradation of VMware ESX server VC server.
- Configuration of VMware HA DRS cluster along with VMware networking.
- Using VM converter converting Physical machines in VMware VMs.
- Updating/patching Windows Virtual Machine in VMware clusters.
- Creating VMware Lab setup as per Internal QA team s requirement using VMware ESX servers.
- Install and Configure Virtual Machines VM VM tools on ESX boxes from the GUI and console.
- Migrated Physical as well as virtual machines using Platespin Power converter VMware convertor.
- Install multiple Operating Systems in different VM s and configure VM tools on them to accelerate hardware functionality and also maintain and configure unattended VM s builds.
- Take VM backups with VM tools snapshots cloning and VCB utilities and store them in VM Library.
- Resolving customer issues related to VMware ESX server.Installing 64-Bit OSs on ESX server which enhances the performance of guest operating system. Supporting Virtual Desktop environment including VDI VMware Ace.
- Managing HP EDS Marathon and ML and DL series of Windows/Intel/AMD hardware running ESX tools on ESX boxes. Creates scripts in automating software deployments and changes to the Windows environment.
- Scripting experience VBScript PowerShell DOS batch files . DNS DHCP NFS NIS configuration.
- Installing Maintenance Level and updates. Deploying features as SharePoint Solutions.
- Worked with object oriented software development methodologies and practices across all phases of the Software Development Lifecycle. Administered and maintained WINTEL server and OS for production Internet and intranet services. Interacted with the global Wintel Engineering team regularly to understand and design solutions. Plan test and document WINTEL Disaster Recovery processes.
- Involved in the installation monitoring and support of WINTEL based servers firewalls Cisco networks perimeter security Internet technologies and remote office WAN/ LAN connectivity.