- A highly driven technologist with more than 15 years in Information Technology supporting storage management, performance, network, and data recovery processes.
- Able to analyze complex situations, mitigate risk, and facilitate problem resolution, while acting as a global cross - functional and cross-organizational technical expert.
- A tested leader defined by excellent verbal and written communication, with a collaborative approach and exceptional team building skills.
- Seasoned team-player with proven transitioning and coordination skills, ensuring crisp technical issue hand-offs to distributed offshore technical teams.
Extensive expertise in: DFHSM, SMS, RMF, SMF, Tivoli, DTS/DIF(D-Limit), JES2, VTAM, TCP/IP, NetView, Computer Associates Vantage and ASTEX, HSM Reporter/Manager, TSO, IBM Omegamon, ACC/SRS, Data Recovery/Restore, and IBM utilities.
Competencies in: TDMF, ACS Routines, ICF Catalog structure, DFSMS, DFDSS, ICKDSF, IDCAMS, FDR, CA-1, CA-7, Thruput Manager, Virtual tape and Virtual Tape Subsystems, Tape Library, Work Load Manager, RMM, FastAudit, USS, NDM, and EREP. Hardware EMC, Hitachi and IBM
Confidential - Addison, TX
- Evaluate and deliver production Level 3 break-fix solutions, ensuring achievement of service level agreements
- Research performance and capacity issues to enable root cause analysis, ensuring future system stability, integrity and availability
- Proactively monitor the IT infrastructure health to identify, manage, control and mitigate risk
- Support bank and partner networks, including system outage window verification
- Coordinate and consolidate problem management reporting efforts with cross-functional departments, application owners and business units
- Lead cross-departmental training efforts through the creation of technical training to expand peer skills and employee development
- Perform system reviews to identify areas of fragility, recover lost data and support user code enhancements
- Facilitate real-time performance by balancing work loads and job priorities
- Maintain and balance SMS storage groups
Technical Support Analyst Senior
- Proven success managing multiple issues, vendors/partners, and worldwide cross-functional teams supporting the operating system, applications and network environments to mitigate production outages with primary focus on storage management issues
- Exceeded mainframe service level agreements established with clients, achieving 100% availability
- Evaluated and provided process improvements and documentation enhancements
- Administered problem and change tracking systems for storage support teams
- Managed vendor product evaluation, configuration and testing
- Provided skills transfer to Operations staff by training on storage and z/OS system concepts
- Reclaimed 70,000 volser ranges, and recycled 40,000 9480 media