- 12 years of experience providing operational support for both WAN/LAN networks involving Windows NT/2000 systems. Technical experience includes network design and deployment and local area network design using technologies such as Internet Protocol (IP).
- Maintain and configure Cisco Routers (7500 7200 3600 series)
- Lucent Switches (CBX 500)
- Proficient in HP - Openview
- Naviscore NMS
- MS Project
- MS Visio
- MS Office support
- Foresystems ATM switches
- Juniper routers
- Larscom CSU/DSUs
- Canoga Perkins fiber modems
- Pair Gain serial modems.
ConfidentialNetwork Design Engineer
- Responsible for maintaining data integrity in terms of data cleaning which entails data inspection to identify erroneous data sets and take corrective action to restore data to working and reliable levels by correcting data errors.
- Develop, prepare and produce data cleaning reports for status reporting and historical data collection.
- Support the operations group in troubleshooting problem reports and fulfilling data requests to include the software development team with data modeling, tuning and troubleshooting data issues.
- Monitor customers network devices and servers using Solar Winds and Tivoli Netcool.
- Use Putty to connect to the network devices and servers and provide Level 1 AIX troubleshooting of problems with file Systems, Send mail, SNMP and SSH Daemon.
- Assist with conducting AIX server upgrades, including adding and deleting static routes and replacing and mirroring hard disks on AIX servers.
- Use Remote Desktop to connect to servers and perform routine administrative actions such as unlocking user accounts, disconnecting users from servers, and resetting user passwords.
- Responsible for updating and maintaining Network Operation Center (NOC) procedures and troubleshooting manuals.
- Responsible for training all new employees on the NOC applications, environment and standard operating procedures.
- Add, check-in and remove tapes from Tivoli Storage Manager (TSM) on a recurring basis.
- Participate in Severity 1 and Severity 2 conference calls. Provide immediate updates to the customers as well as offer troubleshooting assistance when needed to ensure the incident is resolved in a timely manner.
Network Design Engineer
- Conduct DoD site surveys by collecting information such as floor space for Telco racks, facility demarcation layout points, and configuration of existing and proposed router backplanes. Design a feasible cut-over plan to ensure that adequate AC/DC power is available for the equipment installation.
- Provide Level III support on service calls via tech support hotline, and resolve installation (hardware/software) issues regarding encryption devices utilizing Fore systems, ATM switches, Cisco routers, Larscom CSU/DSUs, Canoga Perkins fiber modems, and Pair Gain serial modems.
- Interact with other functional departments ensuring the timeliness of deliverables including ordering and delivery of equipment and materials to customer facilities. Review and validate Technical Service Orders (TSO) for information coordinators ensuring circuit information is feasible. Review and approve Implementation Request.
- Produce, maintain and update written standard operating procedures. Performs/supports back-up, scheduled maintenance, upgrade and troubleshooting functions for field engineers.
- Experienced in designing detailed circuit diagrams and cabinet elevation schematics utilizing Microsoft PowerPoint and Microsoft VISIO.
- Opened/closed and regularly checked trouble tickets through Remedy programs.
Network Operations Specialist
- Troubleshoot and monitor SS7 Networks to include long tern and short term planning for customers such as AOL, EarthLink and MSN.
- Well versed in several OS platforms such as HP, Unix, Linux, Windows NT and Netcool.
- Interact directly with field engineers to direct and ensure hardware replacement and physical layer fault issues are handled in an expedient manner.
- Configured Cisco routers and switches, DSL Access Multiplexers and other various Lucent equipment. Performed T-1 and T-3 frame relay tests using React in order to ensure the customer’s product was configured to the assigned schematic.