- Over twenty - five years of progressively responsibility in higher education IT.
- Started as a work-study doing data entry to being appointed Director of ITS.
- As lead student analyst I managed a small team of Banner programmers.
- In every position in education I’ve demonstrated strong oral and written communications skills.
- These skills range from simple office memos to dealing with conflict at the work place.
- Extensive knowledge of Banner and Oracle databases.
Languages: Perl, C / Pro*C, C++, Visual Basic, SQL/Plus, PHP, Java, various Unix shells.
Operating Systems: Compact Unix/VMS, Linux, Windows XP/7.
Software/Database: Argos, Ellucian/SungardHE Banner, Crystal Reports, Form Fusion, IA - Plus, MS Office, OpenOffice, Oracle, Oracle Forms, TOAD, Subversion, etc.
Director of ITS/Chief Information Officer
- Computer hardware and software recommendations and purchasing.
- Perform long range planning, budget management, and supervise all aspects of IT in a multi-campus setting.
- Researched hardware and software that can be used to facilitate the Universities mission.
- Temporary contract to setup Confidential Tapeload process for different data loads in an Oracle environment.
- Update and manage Microsoft Access reports.
- Convert reports to PL/SQL to customer specifications.
- Problem resolution and troubleshooting.
- Alumni data conversion from IA-Plus to Confidential Banner.
- Provide technical support to the offices of Admissions, Advancement, Alumni, AR-Sys, Financial Aid and Housing.
- Implemented Adirondack Solutions housing software, Argos, Blackbaud, AlumniFinder, and various ancillary software packages for Confidential Banner.
Student Systems Lead Analyst
- Supported the Student, Financial Aid, and AR-Sys modules within Confidential .
- Ancillary software interface development to/from Confidential Banner.
- Managed student/financial aid user groups and team projects.
- Prioritized resources for Banner product development.
- Supervised the Student/Financial Aid development team.
- Value Added Developer (C, SQL/Plus, and 4GL) for IVR system.
- Led student and financial aid data conversion from IA-Plus to Confidential Banner.
- C/Cobol/Powerhouse Quiz programming with a VAX/VMS OS for IA-Plus.
- ProC programming design and troubleshooting.
Help Desk Operator
- Provided technical support for users with software, operating systems, and hardware questions.
- Developed software to better facilitate operations daily duties.
- Production control and system load balancing for multiple network systems.
- Maintained backups and printed output.
- Data entry and processing.
- Software development for award/adjustment letter processing.
- PC, VMS, VT terminal support.