- A highly experienced and practical Windows Systems Engineer paired with IT Operational Management for large scale IT environments delivering support for excess of 10,000 Business Servers.
- Ability for acute focus on both technical aspects as well as business requirements and cost constraints.
- With 15 years of IT experience, 8 years of Virtualization/VMware and 2 years Operational and People Management.
- Managing a diverse Windows Support Team located within Australia and India to deliver service and support to the Confidential.
- Ensuring delivery of 99.98 for service and availability, of 10,000 Windows and ESX Servers Australia Wide.
- Key focus is on Service Level Agreements SLA's to ensure delivery of service and cost viability by a means of offshoring.
- As part of Confidential, key deliverables are offshoring 90 of Wintel Support SME's to IBM Global Services India for on-going technical support and management of the Account.
- On-boarding and Training Global Delivery GD resources in India 50 Engineers for support and management of the National Australia Bank Account.
- Spending 5 weeks in Delhi, India conducting Knowledge Transfer KT to Technical SME's on High Incident Management, Change Management and Disaster Recovery.
- Successfully transitioning Wintel On call support to offshore resources.
- Achieving the highest SLA's to date for Wintel Support Team with Incident Management.
- Achieving the highest SLA's to date for Wintel Support Team with Problem Management.
- Managing an internal BAU Project to uplift VMware infrastructure to ESX 5.0 Update 3
- Managing successful rollout of Tivoli Enterprise Manager TEM
- Reduced Incident Count via Incident Analysis to remove duplication and resolve previously un- identified issues Monthly reduction of over 300 Incidents.
- Streamlined Ticket handling processes to achieve 40 reduction in ticket numbers, whilst ensuring sustained incident numbers across multiple support queues.
Ensuring delivery of service for approximately 10,000 Windows Servers across Australia.
- Managing a Team of 20 Australian SME's and 50 Indian SME's.
- High Level of Customer engagement with National Australia Bank
- Service Level Agreement's for Incident, Change and Problem Management.
- Reporting to Account Executives on SLA's and Service Deliverables
- Resource Allocation for Project initiatives and business priorities
- Server Security and compliance.
- Managing the ESX 3.5 4.0 5.0 VMware environments
- Management of the Development, Test and Production Forests/Environments
- Delivery and Documentation of the Windows Disaster Recovery Environment
- Delivering Patch Management across National Australia Bank
Senior Technical Specialist Intel
- Confidential is a global technology provider employing 400,000 employees worldwide
- Confidential has outsourced all components of IT Service Delivery to IBM Global Services to support, manage and operate.
- Confidential provides technical service and account management for NAB to uplift and support an antiquated and extensively aged server hardware and technology fleet.
- Automating reporting, providing key information for VMware environment.
- Automating, via scripts, the data collection for the capacity report.
- Virtualising 1000 servers to reduce carbon footprint and power consumption in National Australia Bank Datacentres.
- Implement VMware Capacity Planner to reduce excess disk and hardware allocations on server fleet to deliver cost savings.
- Supporting 10,000 servers across Hosting and Workplace services. Included is the support of approximately 900 National Australia Bank Branches across Australia
- Daily Health Checks of Development, Test and Production environments.
- Lead SME for the management of the VMware/ESX environment
- Lead SME for Problem Record Investigation and Analysis.
- Lead SME for bi-annual Disaster Recovery simulations
- Technical Lead on Tech Bridges and Customer Meetings for Major Incident Management and Root Cause Investigations.
- Server Patch Management via SCCM, SMS, WSUS and Novell Patchlink.
- On call Support for Wintel Team
Confidential has a significant investment in VMware and virtualization. Over the past 4 years, there has been a significant reduction of physical servers with both P2V and the policy of VM first for any new server requests.
- VMware infrastructure upgraded from ESX3.5/VC2.5 Update 4 to vSphere 4 Update 1
- VMware view upgraded from VDI 2 to View 4 Update 1
- Implemented VMware Site Recovery Manager into our DR process
- Proof of concept with MS clustering with Windows 2008
- Proof of concept with MS SQL 2008 in a VM environment
- Proof of concept with using RDM disks with VMware SRM
- Creation of an automated build script for ESX Hosts for version 3.5/4.0
- Implementation of PowerShell/PowerCLI scripts for monitoring VMware environment
- Server hardware managed by IBM Systems Director 6.1
- Implemented Novell Patchlink for server patch management Aviva/MLC
- Implemented Microsoft Deployment Toolkit for automated server/desktop imaging and provisioning.
- Primary support for the management of the VMware environment
- Third level support for Windows Server Administration
- Managing DR process for Windows VMware environment
- Generation of Windows, Server Hardware VMware component of the Capacity Report
- Proof of concept, design and implementation of new and divergent technology.
- Knox City Council is a local city council in the outer eastern suburbs of Confidential
- Local Councils provide services to the local community to ensure the health and well-being of the local residents and visitors to the municipality.
- Successful Migration of NT4 to Windows 2003 Active Directory.
- Rollout of new Standard Operating Environment SOE Windows XP, replacing all machines previously running Windows 95.
- Implementation of Microsoft Systems Management Server 2003.
- Lotus Notes 6 to Microsoft Exchange 2003 Migration.
- Implementation of a Managed Environment by locked down GPO's.
- Security audit and lockdown of all corporate servers.
- Network Administration
- Security management, auditing, virus protection
- Remote access
- Disaster Recovery
- Network design and implementation
Centari Systems is a Technology Services Provider delivering support, project services and technical account management for its customers.
- Windows Field Engineer
- Network management
- Email administration
- Creation of Standard Operating Environments SOE's
- Internet administration Web Servers, firewall proxy server
- Clear, logical mind when working on business critical and high pressure situations
- Key competency in delivering ITIL and Change Management within the financial industry sector
- Demonstrated experience in delivering global cross skilling and global team structures for effective service management and delivery
- Over 10 years of systems experience in heterogeneous hardware and software environments
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Highly developed problem solving skills
- High level technical skills across Windows and ESX platform