- An experienced help desk technician, with a background in Z/OS mainframe system and Unix Solaris systems.
- Able to use interpersonal skills to present ideas in a user - friendly language. Possesses strong competencies involving organization, attention to detail, analytical thinking and problem-solving.
- Exercised knowledge in monitoring, updating and closing tickets in ticketing systems such as Remedy, GCARS, and USD.
- Assembling and troubleshooting computer systems for Desktops and laptops.
- Working technical knowledge of networking protocols (DHCP, DNS, Confidential, etc.).
- Installing and configuring peripherals and input devices.
- Configuring and administering computer networks.
- Installing and managing Windows Operating systems.
- Recommend, schedule and perform PC, hardware, peripheral equipment improvements, upgrades and repairs.
Unix/Solaris Server Administrator
- Performed Unix/Solaris OS install and applied patches/fix updates.
- Customized host domain parameters to join system in network.
- Enabled network subsystems such as Netbackup, Explorer, Sendmail and dumpadm.
- Prepared rack cabinet for server installs by Sun/D1 hardware Engineers.
- Administered service tickets thru Remedy or USD ticketing systems.
- Implemented the Open System adapter (OSA2) in IBM 9672 for LAN/WAN connection.
- Provided local and remote technical support for Confidential and TCP/IP printers.
- Resolved remote terminal networking issues.
- Submitted weekly system reports to management on technical issues.
- Trained Help Desk Technicians to resolve Confidential printer and terminal activation issues.
- Coordinated and configured Confidential addresses of all nodes connected to mainframe.
- Customized Confidential software in host servers for network, protocol, address and gateways.
- Configured NCP loading to IBM 3745 Network Controller to communicate with mainframe.
- Managed access issues for mainframe printing and terminals.