An experienced Information Technology Professional with a strong background in providing IT support. Demonstrated ability to grasp new technologies and implement appropriate solutions. Possess a strong work ethic. Conscientious, self - motivated, flexible, thorough and versatile, with excellent analytical, communication, multi-tasking and problem-solving skills.
HARDWARE: IBM Servers, Dell Servers, HP/Compaq Servers, Sun Servers, SAN, EMC Storage Devices, Cisco Switches and Routers, Cyclades and Cisco Terminal Server, Hitachi Servers, NetApp, Blade Servers, KVMs, Cisco Catalyst/7K/5K/FEX Technology Design, Cisco UCS
SOFTWARE / OPERATING SYSTEMS: Tivoli, Autosys, C++, Visual Basic, Norton Anti Virus, McAfee Anti Virus, Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe Creative Suite, Basic SQL, HTML, e-Commerce, Active Directory, Aperture DC Inventory, VMWare, Windows server management tools. MS Exchange, MS Windows Server 2008/2K3/2k/NT 4.0, Windows 7/XP/Me/98, Microsoft Certified Professional, AIX 4.3, Solaris 10, DOS, Novell Netware, Lotus Notes, Linux, Cisco Catalyst/7K/5K/FEX, 802.1Q, Advance switch port configuration (VTP, VPC, Port Channel) VMware ESX, Virtualization
Confidential, Jersey City, NJ
Global Network Assignment Analyst
- Proven ability to work well under pressure, manage conflicting priorities, and make sound rational decisions that balance technical risk against business imperatives
- Reserve/Manage IP addresses and switch ports in a global data center infrastructure
- Configure/Manage network switch ports
- Configure both layer 2 port channels and port trunks.
- Reserve SAN fabric ports
- Ensure project work is performed in compliance with corporate risk and security policies
- Deploy Cisco Fabric Extenders (FEX)
- Configure Multi - Node Cluster VLANs for Oracle RAC, Veritas and SQL Database technology on the switch/router level (ESF 1/1.5/3.0)
- Developed documentation and process improvements.
- Contributed with the global switch port reclamation project, which helped the company save millions of dollars by reallocating all decommissioned and abandoned switch ports.
Confidential, New York, NYGlobal Network Assignment Analyst
- Responsible for facilitating the timely execution of all decommission processes and tasks.
- Assisted in the completion of the discovery and population of Q&A on behalf of the requestor to streamline request process (Plan phase) and ensure quality of configuration information for each request.
- Worked with the team responsible for managing and executing Logical Decommission (to ensure timing and execution of change management to support shutdown of the applications and servers - providing chain of custody transfer from the asset owner to the Core Infrastructure Site personnel.
- Helped manage and execute Physical Decommissions to recover data center physical capacity (space, power, network, and storage).
Confidential, New York, NY
Global Server Build Engineer
- Built new and existing Unix, Linux, ESX & Windows servers on a wide variety of enterprise server hardware and install the firms standard applications for security, monitoring, backup and scheduling products on a wide variety of hardware.
- Installed, configured and tested JPMC services according to policy, backup, monitoring software, security, etc.
- Collaborated with a global team to ensure that project requirements were accurately captured and delivered.
- Assisted as needed on break - fix incidents in all data centers globally.
- Assisted as needed in the installation and physical racking of technology, including copper and fiber patching.
- Served as an escalation point for day to day problem resolution and as a level 2 technical resource.
- Collaborated with LOBs and Global Infrastructure organizations in resolving Data Center incidents.
- Lead small teams in complex operations, troubleshooting and resolution of tactical issues.
- Insured strict adherence to all documented data center policies relating to equipment, security and health/safety.
- Contributed on the further development of all NJ/NY active sites by proactively being involved on many new installs, rebuild and refresh projects.
- Served as the go to person for my team on many challenges such as Wintel/Sun installs, network connections, router/switch related issues and Logistics.
- Due to my familiarity with the site infrastructure and server environment, I was designated to lead all site exiting related initiatives.
Confidential, New York, NY
Enterprise Site Engineer
- Provided support for all Windows NT 4.0, NT 2000 and Server 2003, Novell 4.11 and 3.12 Sun Solaris 8,9,10, VMWare on both Local and Enterprise Server Farm.
- Responsible for Server Racking, Server Builds and Rebuilds including Raid Configurations and integration with server network cabling and backup design.
- Analyzed and troubleshot issues with Windows NT, NetWare and Lotus Notes Servers.
- Responsible for implementing new incoming server changes projects including full setup cycle such as receiving equipment, allocating rack s space, racking, laying all network (copper as well as fiber) connections from end to end, building OS (Wintel/Unix/Linux), configuring all Confidential including management cards (ILO, DRAC, RIB, Serial, RSA, etc), and aid remote users with break and fix issues.
- Provided lead engagement to core network onsite support for the company s global interconnect circuits. Including but not limited to full router hardware upgrades, racking, circuit extensions and troubleshoot.
- Responsible for incremental, differential & full backups on a daily, weekly and monthly basis utilizing BackupExec, Arc Serve and NetBackup with backup scheduling including more than one hundred mission critical lines of business servers on multiple platforms.
- Responsible for managing and monitoring a proprietary TriParty file managing system, where JP Morgan Chase and other corporations transferred files via FTP on SUN Solaris platform.
- Provided hands - on troubleshooting and support as the lead for the NYC Wintel team for hardware and software issues in a large data center environment housing more than three thousands servers on various platforms including NetWare, Windows NT 4.0/2K/2K3, Lotus Notes and UNIX.
- Utilizing network and performance monitoring tools such as Tivoli in order to maintain the availability and function of a datacenter environment.
- Responsible for user account administration security on both AIX and Active Directory platforms.
- Led a team of site engineers in a campus wide data center power down involving more than 1400 enterprise servers, network and backup devices.
- Coordinated a large scale data restore project involving more than five years of data for litigation purposes.
- Led data center consolidation projects in which multiple smaller LAN rooms were migrated into a more efficient state of the art data center.
Confidential, New York, NY
Office Technology Engineer
- Participated in various small business office projects in which all technology equipment and cabling were setup from switches and routers to all local and remote user desktops and laptops.
- Assisted in designing, installing and configuring voice and data infrastructure for small businesses.
- Installed, configured and performed troubleshooting on file servers and end user’s desktops including network printers and faxes.
Confidential, New York, NY
Technical Support /Web Support Administrator
- Installed, configured and performed troubleshooting on computer hardware and software and general network issues on a day to day basis.
- Supported in - house LAN-based system.
- Managed users and computers via Active Directory.
- Installed computer hardware and Windows Operating System WIN XP/Me/98/2K/2K3 on Dell, Compaq/HP and Sony PCs and laptops.
- Set up and maintained all Windows XP and Windows Me workstations to the office networks.
- Configured and installed software inclusive of MS Office 2000, Adobe Photoshop, Macromedia Flash and Dreamweaver, Swish 3D, Swift 1.51 and others.
- Managed AntiVirus protection applications including system scans and software definition updates.
- Responsible for updating and managing web content.