- Hands - on Project Lead in Software and Systems Engineering
- Organizing and motivating teams in design and development from concept to post-sales support
- Create compelling, profitable products coordinating with marketing, science, engineering and production
- Passionate mentor and giver who started as a bench technician and takes full ownership of all problems
Programming Languages: C, C++, Yocto, Visual C++, C#, HTML, SGML, Bison, YACC, Assembler, Unix shell script, Perl, Java, Java script, VHDL, Objective C, LiveCode
Operating Systems: Linux, Solaris, HPUX,, Microsoft Windows, VxWorks, MAC OS
Networking: TCP/IP, routing, firewalling
Systems Administration: Expert in all aspects of UNIX and Linux systems administration including performance tuning and daemon configuration.
Confidential, Florida, NY
Co-Founder / Chief Technology Officer
- Since the company’s conception, we now have 6 apps in the iPhone App Store and a product which is now licensed by a leading company in the iPhone arena.
Confidential, Connersville, IN
- Collaborated on mechanical systems, production, spectroscopy and disposables.
- Created system designs which are expanding Confidential legacy PTS for a variety of assays at and beyond the limits of current hand - held instrument sensitivity.
- Upgraded hardware and software, improving sensitivity to parts per trillion. Increased production lot size from dozens to a thousand.
- Reduced field failure rate by more than 50%.
- Organized and managed the PTS repair depot - turn-around time reduced from 5 weeks to less than 2 weeks, with a better than 50% reduction in call-backs.
- Designed and developed Linux device driver which communicates with the AD7793 Analog to Digital converter.
- Designed application code which interfaces with the Nexgen PTS. This includes writing the YACC parser which was incorporated into the application code.
- Designed SPI driver under Linux to communicate with the Analog to Digital converter.
- Developed C and C++ programs to test various components of the NexGen PTS.
- Used the Yocto utilities to build the openembedded tools which is now being utilized on the PTS instruments.
Confidential, Upper Saddle River, NJ
Software Engineer, Firmware Engineer
- Designed test codes for power PC products.
- This test code was eventually incorporated into the production test suite.
- It was very effective in pinpointing discrepancies in not only the hardware but software as well.
- Enhanced existing source code for various T1 modems.
- The original code which was being implemented proved to be inadequate due to poor coding.
- I revamped the code and made it more efficient which resulted in increased sales for the T1 modem product line.
- Designed graphical user interface which tested the functionality of the T1 modem products.
- Using this GUI decreased testing time and delivered the T1 modem line in a much more timely fashion.
- Assisted software engineers in developing comprehensive tests for a multitude of DSP based products.
- Due to my attention to detail, I was directly responsible for designing the standard operating test procedure which all of the software engineers implemented.
- Supported customers who were using Confidential 's C6X and SHARC processor boards.
- All customer questions were resolved in an expedite manner which was recognized by my superiors.
- Assisted hardware engineers in trouble shooting VME systems.
- Collaborating with the hardware engineers in debugging their designs helped deliver these VME Systems to the market ahead of deadline.