- IT Infrastructure design and upkeep
- LAN and WAN configuration
- Inventory Tracking
- Desktop Support (Windows 7 through 10)
- Compliance and SOX Controls for local IT department
- System migrations and upgrades
- Server (2008 through 2012r)
- Vendor Management
- Budget Planning
- Currently managing/improving/updating local on - site Data Center.
- Supports/configures/troubleshoots Windows 7, 8.1 and 10 daily supporting local site.
- Supports Windows Server 2008 thru 2012r on daily basis.
- Active Directory admin for all accounts. Editing GPO and user access as needed.
- Avaya and ITS phone support and management.
- Coordinate with peers in U.K. and Spain for managed services and support.
- Manage local employees and remote teams during projects.
- All technical and facility Vendor Management and contract negotiations.
- Designed and maintain the Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery for site.
- Liaise with internal and external (Fed and State) auditors.
- Responsible for planning and seeing through all IT related Project Management for site.
- Ensured SLA’s are met by maintaining call tracking database (Remedy).
- Present Monthly Reports to Management - Includes all KPI’s.
- Budget planning for local and DR site.
- Manage local VMWare Servers, Desktop Imaging and Patching/Updating.
- Responsible for InfoSec for all user accounts for all sites and applications.
Sr. IT Analyst
- 2003-2012 Server Administration.
- Responsible for tape backups, restores, and offsite storage (Veritas Backup Exec, Uranium).
- Active Directory User Account creation and management.
- ITS Broker/Dealer phone support (creating new pages, speed dial lists, zapping, force/release, etc)
- Citrix account management and connectivity to UK and Spain Server farms.
- Financial Market Data Software support.
- All models of Smart phone device support.
- All printer repair and maintenance.
- Bloomberg terminal and Bloomberg anywhere application support.
- All end user PC support.
- Resolves network connectivity issues between Spain, London, and our CT office.
- Exchange 2007 Administration (creation and management of email accounts).
- McAfee antivirus configuration and updates for 40 users.
- All password resets (Citrix, AD, 3rd party apps).
- Building and maintaining a working relationship with the Network/Software techs in the UK and Spain.
- All ordering of hardware/software for site.
- Everyday dealing with large financial information providers (UBS, Bloomberg, etc) for support, software configurations, and account issues.
Senior Desktop Engineer/Jr. Network Admin
- 2003 Server administration
- Active Directory administrator
- Citrix 2003 user account administration and publishing of applications
- All end user support for 50 end users (10 Remote users).
- Install and configuration of all Dell 5300 series Switches.
- Home security of all end users, which consists of installing and configuring firewalls.
- Responsible for ordering and ordering all new PC’s and parts and software.
- ScriptLogic administrator for login script that synchs with AD.
- Responsible for SUS server and all updates.
- Symantec System Center administration and software pushes for new Virus definitions to all servers and desktops.
- Trend Micro Scanmail on Exchange 2003 administration
- Responsible for upkeep of White+Black lists for IHateSpam software
- Support for smartphones and tablets.
Customer Support Engineer
- Member of 5-person team responsible for hardware and software support in a 2500+ users environment.
- Adhere to SLA (service level agreement) of anywhere from 4-24hrs. depending on the nature of call.
- Part of a 1000+ PC rollout to entire hospital.
- Package building and push (LanDesk) throughout entire 1500 seat site.
- Multiple PC rollout projects for training rooms at a moment’s notice.
- Worked with Active Directory user rights, locking down PC’s, Creating/Editing new and existing user accounts.
- Worked with RIS and Ghost imaging software.
- Performed both network connectivity (TCP/IP, IPX/SPX) and rack mounted hardware troubleshooting.
- Trained on, configured and installed new software/hardware including 3rd party software configuring.
- Oversaw and supported entire network at WAN site 1 week/month. Acted as on-site subject matter expert.
- Worked with vendors to replace hardware for faulty parts.
- Use remote control (LanDesk, DameWare) software on a daily basis.
- Printer repair and maintenance
- Maintain 25 servers. Server types: File/print, Fax, Exchange, Notes, DNS, WINS, Web, RAS, and Terminal. Platforms: NT, 2000, SQL, MS Exchange 5.5, Lotus Notes, and Novell.
- Member of NTFT (Network Technology Focus Team) for all of Scirex. Consists of obtaining and trouble-shooting network baselines, bottlenecks, and loss of data.
- Oversee 90 users and 2 WAN sites..
- Responsible for testing and implementing new software for company.
- Install and configure routers, switches, hubs, and TSU/DSUs.
- Grant Internet access through CheckPoint firewall software.
- Implement virus protection on all servers and workstations.
- Perform hardware repair and software upgrades on all servers.
- Administer users’ rights to files/directories.
- Manage network connectivity issues between WAN’s.
- Perform tape backups of entire site using ArcServe 2000.