- To further the growth, efficiency, and success of the company by applying my extensive skills, trainings, and experience while gaining knowledge by pursuing new and emerging technologies.
Operating Systems: Microsoft Windows Server product line (2000, 2003, 2008), Microsoft desktop lineup (95/98/ME/NT/2000/XP/Vista/XP), Exposure to Novel Netware 5.0/5.1/6.0, Redhat Enterprise Linux Platforms, SUN Solaris
Server Software: Microsoft SQL Server (2000, 2005, 2008), Microsoft Systems Center Operations Manager, Microsoft ISA/Forefront servers, Microsoft Exchange (5.5, 2000, 2003, 2010), Solaris 10
Software: Microsoft Office Product line (2000,XP,2007,2010), McAfee & Symantec Anti - Virus, Install Shield, IBM Lotus Notes/Domino Server/Sametime Instant Messenger, Wildpackets, Wiresharkl, VMWare workstation, Symantec BackupExec/NetBackup
Hardware: Dell/ HP Servers, Sun SPARC systems, Cisco Catalyst/ISR product line, Cisco NEXUS Switches, Cisco VoIP products
Protocols: POP3, IMAPI, TCP/IP, IPX/SPX, ICMP, NetBIOS, NetBEUI, SNMP, DNS, SMTP, DHCP, BGP, IGMP, IGRP, EIGRP, RIP, OSPF, SSH, SSL, IPSec (ESP, AH, IKE) RADIUS, TACACS+, LDAP, Kerberos
Data Center Manager
- Responsible for the management and health of 8 global datacenters, with over 450 physical servers running VMWare and 2,000 virtual servers. Implemented Cisco 6500 and Nexus 1000V and 7000 switches.
- Migrated and upgraded standalone servers via P2V and upgraded the entire environment from ESX3 to vSphere 5.0. Converted data storage from local to iSCSI SANs using HP storageworks and EMC as the primary vendors.
- VMWare tasks included provisioning and management of storage, high - availability and fault tolerance features, iSCSI multipathing configuration, vApps and distributed resource policies to conform to management defined SLAs.
- Configured DPM in conjunction with the HP DL family of servers to implement power savings of $58,000 monthly.
- Primary architect for the Fixed Mobile Convergence development platform. Interconnected multiple international offices and labs via MPLS and VoIP VPNs. Responsible for the configuration of various carrier grade softswitches and PRI circuits. Implemented and managed the complete end-to-end infrastructure which included mobile OTA provisioning, various server platforms and data & voice transport systems. Provided and conformed to SLA requirements via QoS, PBR, CAR, MPLS tagging and various queuing and WAN optimization technologies.
- Tasked with the integration of industrial control systems (ICS) for Confidential ’s green energy initiative. Worked as part of a team for the development an automated building environmental management network.
- Administered and deployed internal SmartGrid (MDM) meter-data-management system by integrating IP enabled meters for remote management and device provisioning. Worked with industry leading providers of SmartGrid solutions to design an infrastructure capable of aggregating data from 10 million IP enabled meters; and then integrate into Tier 1 CaaS data centers.
- Re-designed internal lab data center to increase capacity and efficiency. Decreased internal power consumption by 70% by using virtualization technologies by Citrix, SUN, VMWare and Microsoft. Computing capacity was increased by 2,000%. Migrated isolated data silos into a SAN by using storage network protocols.
- Deployed mult-story Aruba network Wi-Fi network for FMC and end-user community access. Utilized wi-fi concentrators and controllers in concert with Cisco MARS rouge RF spectrum analyzers to identify and isolate un-authorized APs
- Implemented disaster recovery plans by sourcing requirements from management on recovery time objectives, and outage window minimums. Setup a high availability, self-healing, fault tolerant environment capable of withstanding both hard and soft failures.
- Member of a team that used data sourced from Confidential ’s internal FIOS network to preemptively and predictively notify utilities of power outages. Designed a system based on project requirements for a high capacity system capable of gathering and analyzing millions of records in real-time.
Senior Network Engineer
- Performed wireless site survey for campus students
- Implemented 802.11b and 802.11g wireless technology
- Secured these networks with wireless VLANs, 802.1x, and WEP
Senior Network Engineer
- Responsible for network related issues. Before arriving there was no security on the network. Within a six month period all 200 employees had new Dell desktop computers running Windows XP Pro, laptop users now had the ability to connect back to corporate via a Cisco IPSec VPN. 802.1x, radius, and windows server 2003 network quarantine security was implemented.
- Responsible for designing a disaster recovery plan for all business critical data. This included remote off-site backup over the WAN, tape backup to a tape library, as well as NAS solutions.
Senior Network Engineer
- Responsible for developing the security infrastructure for the extranet client servicing system. This was accomplished by using Nokia checkpoint firewalls, ISA server clusters, and Active Directory IPSec using PKI.
- Installed and configure PlumTree portal for XCSS.
- Maintain the development, staging and QA environments on VMWware GSX servers to mirror how the production environment was to be built. VMWare disks were stored on EMC clarion fiber channel arrays.
- HTTP requests arrived on the front-end NLB address of the ISA server cluster which was then redirected to the NLB address of the IIS 6.0 cluster. From there PlumTree running the J#.Net framework would then send out requests to PlumTree portal admin, search and document repository servers as well as make secure SQL connections to Microsoft Windows SQL 2000 server located back on the corporate network. The rendered page after JIT was then send to the requesting client.
- Worked as part of a three man team charged with the task of installing PlumTree portal and integrating multiple SQL server clusters, document repositories, and application content servers for myrisk. Confidential .com.
- Installed clusters of Microsoft ISA server 2000 as an array as part of the extranet AD.
- Installed, configured, and upgraded Nokia checkpoint firewalls running the latest Linux IPSO image as a cluster.
- Secured clear-text communication within the extranet environment using IP Security policies pushed out through GPO in AD.
- Worked as part of a five man initiative to install and configure the new networking equipment needed to support the new extranet environment.
- Installed Cisco Catalyst 2948G and 2980G switches at multiple locations in the data center. These switches carried traffic on VLANs tagged as belonging to the extranet.
- Implemented a three tier network design for the XCSS system. Tier one was the ISA cluster. This was responsible for performing reverse proxy and for publishing the NLB address of the web cluster located on tier two. Tier three was home to the core services such as application server NLB clusters responsible for web content, SQL server clusters, and a MSCS for the PlumTree search server. All traffic flowing between tiers was inspected by the Nokia firewall VRRP cluster.
- Contracted for the United States Department of Defense at the Navel base in Newport Rhode Island as part of the initiative to install a new voice and data network.
- Responsible for making engineering decisions based on blueprints and unique situations. Duties included running cable, installing panduit for the data and voice cables as well as interduct for the fiber optic backbone, while conforming to the safety codes set forth by the Navel Base and OSHA.
Senior Network Engineer/Analyst
- Configured authentication, authorization, accounting (AAA) for all network infrastructure equipment by using Microsoft’s implementation of the RADIUS protocol in their IAS server.
- Installed Cisco IOS Telephony Service in conjunction with Foreign Exchange Office Voice Interface Cards and Cisco 7900 IP phones as a VoIP solution.
- Configured (Cisco) IPSec tunnels between remote sites using certificate authorities. VPN users connect to a Cisco VPN server and are authorized by their certificate or their AD domain account (xauth) by AAA.
- Administered and maintained Exchange 2000 and Exchange conferencing server, email stores and chat environment, as well as OWA secured via SSL (Secure Sockets Layer)
- Installed Microsoft’s ISA server at remote sites for caching and domain traffic policies.
- Administered and maintained Active Directory, DNS, ISA and Exchange 2000 servers’ at all remote sites.
- Deployed Microsoft Project Server 2002 with SQL server 2000 and Sharepoint portal server 2001 as a team collaboration solution.
- Deployed Microsoft SUS Servers throughout the corporate domain. Updates could be approved and then pushed down to clients by domain policy.
- Set up domain DFS on a RAID system for centralized file management and synchronization, selected data was backed up to tape on schedule after synchronization.
- Responsible for creating and implementing a disaster recovery plan that included off-site data backup and tape backup.
- Set up a multi-site Microsoft ISA server environment using enterprise arrays as well as some stand-alone ISA servers for firewall and caching features.
- Part of a three man team that was responsible for the design, development, and testing of an application built on the .NET Framework 1.1 using VB.NET as well as C#.NET
- Responsible for server and workstation hardening as frequent penetration tests as well as establishing a network baseline in order to help determine suspicious activity on the network, whether it be malicious or a problem.