20 years of Network Provisioning using the latest remote desktop applications to implement the installation of waves, optical equipment, performing continuity validation and frequency light levels through attenuation padding and managing the resources of various installation teams. I have Outside Plant Fiber Optic experience for the design, maintenance, optimization and implementation of Landline and Cellular configurations. Strong background with Telcordia TIRKS and Granite Xng databases as well as Oracle Metasolve TBS and M6 for Metro Ethernet, Confidential DWDM network designs for International long haul or regional LTE fiber to Cell Site backhaul designs plus Global Integrated Order Manager (GIOM), Access Service Request (ASR). Local Number Portability (LNP) NPAC Knowledge of Cisco CTC remote desktop monitoring.
- Manage multiple simultaneous deployments of Ethernet circuits up to 10Gbps.
- Create Engineering Work Orders (EWOs) which details the Scope of Work (SOW) and select the best resources to execute installations.
- Select the proper equipment needed, order, and track, coordinate installations with both internal and external installation technicians.
- Assume the role of being the Single Point Of Contact (SPOC) to ensure the success of these Ethernet installations with the various data engineering Test and Turn Up groups.
Ethernet Equipment Engineer
- Deploy new and recover older equipment to optimize the Confidential .
- Update databases accordingly to assure integrity.
Network Design Engineer
- Perform the design of new Confidential facilities to include the installation of: Flashwave, Multiplexers, and Digital Access Cross Connects.
- Assign the physical location of Central Office equipment and be the Single Point of Contact (SPOC) to amend orders and resolve discrepancies involving fiber terminations in Confidential cross connects.
Lead Provisioning Design Engineer
- Worked with Confidential and MAPS GIS systems to identify Confidential central office ownership and capabilities.
- Upgraded Node B locations, backhaul Confidential network facilities as well as central offices to accommodate additional capacity
- Coordinated testing of all equipment including Ericson switches and Confidential local loop facilities. Confidential Telecom (TEM) Data mining expert able to recreate any Confidential network for testing and documentation purposes.
Data Center Analyst
- Provided technical support and solutions to existing Data Center business within the hosted Data Center.
- Escalated Confidential circuit issues through ticketing systems and working with NOC Network Operations Centers.
Wireless Facility Engineer
- Engineered and managed Confidential backhaul transport to meet high capacity growth expectations.
- Built and designed OC12 point to point Confidential circuits to complete National Confidential Network supporting MIS and LTE technology.
- Researched Confidential transport costs including dark fiber, meet - me points with alternate Confidential carrier providers as well as hardware and software costs.
- Provided Confidential billing of materials to management team. Ordered and managed LTE optical IP network infrastructure equipment and Confidential fiber builds.
- Applied telecom Confidential procurement knowledge to ensure delivery, installation, and testing time lines were being met.
- Managed Confidential TIRKS orders for DLR, CLO, RID for the installation of optical network requirements.
- Improved network performance and survivability by insuring that MSN IP engineering designs remain optimized by extending the utilization of synchronous optical networks.
- Assured the consistency of documented desk procedures.
- Applied survivability practices to assure seamless business recovery through regionalization.
- Identified and corrected continuity process gaps by implementing a Disaster Recovery plan which was adopted within the ISO 9001 standards: Arranged with Security to increase level of staff s permission to access alternate work locations throughout the fBA region.
- Applied additional Disaster Recovery principles documenting: staffing procedures, pertinent departmental intranet sites and continuity lists.
- Restructured the format of existing desk procedure documentation to create a standardized frame work that was designed to be all inclusive and served as a protected stand - alone document.
- Analyzed the manual efforts of tracking SOTS and RID throughout the region.
- Identified significant disparities that could increase productivity through a mechanized process to leverage single points of contact.
Product Subject Matter Expert
- Collaborated to identify customer’s concerns on limitations of existing Confidential network design.
- Presented equitable on-net solutions to meet customers’ expectations and the advancement of Confidential products and services.
- Analyzed existing Confidential infrastructure developed upgraded network design and determined transport and fiber requirements.
- Obtained Confidential transport costs taking into account the existing legacy long haul transport available. Issued billing of materials and finalized network design.
- Verified with Project Managers to insure project was completed on time and implemented to specifications.
- Provided the Data Sales Engineers the needed resource to replicate the detail of current network configuration and advantages of proposed network enhancements.
- Offered the most advantageous network and equipment designs by taking advantage of all internal and external discounting programs available.
- Managed contracts, database integrity, provisioning flows, and installation time lines.
- Reformatted disparate lists of internal sales resource tools to create comprehensive ‘stand-alone’ product documentation of internal links / resources to make available a more useful tool for the Sales Engineering team.
- Provided documentation to new employees especially useful during the MCI merger with Confidential .
Circuit Design Engineer / Access Management
- Recruited to optimize MSN systems and business procedures for IP autonomy from Tokyo JP Headquarters.
- Improved network utilization by documenting ILEC Confidential OC-48 rings. This provided an enhanced level of capacity management to uncover annual billing discrepancies of over $200K USD.
- Improved end-to-end circuit design by working Confidential NOC to identify maintenance system requirements and permissions needed to access Node supervision test ports.
- Collaborated on the format to be used by Confidential ’s new MSN IP circuit design group.
- Worked on team to mechanize records with SAP and format billing invoice platform with PDF thus providing a secure and legal platform for Confidential ’s 200 plus monthly custom invoices.
- Identified which circuit contracts should be renegotiated or terminated by providing monthly executive level profit/loss cost analysis of equipment, carrier local loop, and any other off network charges.
- Reduced Node Service Maintenance annual contract charges by $50K USD, while increasing the level of services provided, Pre-action fire suppression systems.
- Business continuity improvements Initiated cross of Cisco routers to on-site Network technicians eliminating the need for 24x7 on-call Verio Data Center Managers.
- Initiated factory of Central Office staff on all aspects of fire suppression control panel and securing a controlled environment.
- Compiled maintenance tracking report to allow headquarters to evaluate the criticality of needed repairs.
Circuit Design Engineer
- Created and maintained Confidential capacity management inventories to effectively forecast network utilization.
- Reduced installation intervals 30% by enforcing the contractual agreements of our Confidential network providers.
- Formalized circuit design format requirements for the provisioning of domestic and international circuits.
- Resolved network performance and environmental issues of Nortel DMS Switched Network.
- Directed and supported the activities of various Operations, Engineering, and OSWF.
- Performed Nortel DMS Network Management control, analysis, and system backups.