- An accomplished Systems Engineer specializing in enterprise tools management using CA Wily Application Performance Management, Splunk, Cacti and Spectrum.
- Proactively dealing with the management and maintenance of these monitoring tools.
- Providing level 3 production support for the major applications.
- 5 Years of experience in application performance monitoring and managing the core Wily Introscope infrastructure.
- Strong functional expertise upon CA Wily Application Performance Manager.
- Working experience upon UNIX\LINUX and Windows environments.
- Support expertise upon J2EE\.NET production applications.
- Performance tuning various middleware technologies (Websphere, Weblogic etc.).
- Supporting Enterprise Tools (Splunk, Cacti and Spectrum) across the Organization.
- Training various business technology groups upon proactive use of Wily.
- An effective communicator with excellent relationship building & interpersonal skills.
- Possess analytical, problem solving & organizational abilities with a flexible & detail oriented attitude.
- Strong people and group management skills.
- Good facilitation skills.
- Good coaching skills.
- Excellent focus on customer satisfaction and client needs.
- Ability to innovate so that learning is an enriching experience.
- Assertive and self driven.
- Good interpersonal skills and ability.
- Result oriented.
Performance Monitoring: Proficient in CA Wily Introscope 7.x, 8.x, 9.x
Operating System: Intermediate knowledge on Unix (Solaris, HPUX), Windows NT/XP and Linux
Scripting: Intermediate knowledge on Shell and Perl scripting
Log Monitoring: Knowledge on Splunk 4.x,5.x Administration
Server Monitoring: Knowledge of Cacti and Spectrum Administration
- Responsible for supporting and maintaining the enterprise level product support for Wily Introscope and other enterprise tools (Cacti, Splunk, Spectrum, Ehealth and Sitescope).
- Responsible for Installation, upgrading and managing core infrastructure of Wily APM Introscope & CEM, Splunk, Cacti and Spectrum.
- Take ownership of complex issues and provide enhanced support for the Wily, Cacti and Splunk products.
- Analyzing issues and extract relevant data to troubleshoot and recreate issues.
- Integrating different tools for end to end monitoring needs.
- Automating daily tasks using different scripting technologies
- Enhance a positive customer experience
- Creating high quality knowledge - base documents.
- Providing technical assistance to team-members by coordinating ownership of escalations for the monitoring tools.
- Collaborating with team members to facilitate resolution.
- Improving product quality by identifying and documenting predominant customer issues which require assessment by the Planning Team.
Sr System Engineer
- Managing core infrastructure hosted on Linux, Solaris, HPUX, Windows (100+ Enterprise managers and around 80,000+ Agents reporting) responsible for maintaining approximately 4 TB of performance data that was used by various Confidential in forecasting application growth and trending of release impacts.
- Responsible for procuring infrastructure by working with various teams to maintain availability of application while managing exponential growth from mergers and increased coverage of tool at Enterprise scale.
- Worked upon migration of the environments (Agents and EMs) from Introscope version 7 to Introscope version 8. Installation, upgrading, patching and fixing the issues related to enterprise managers.
- Developed multiple enhancements to base product through standardized capabilities including standard package of installation, streamlined monitoring, scripting and alert integration with standard Tivoli framework.
- Working with clients upon Agent s installation, configurations and custom instrumentation upon various application servers (Websphere, Weblogic, Jboss, .NET, Standalone Java etc).
- Designing and facilitating ongoing standard deployments and training to allow self service of common functions to application engineers to allow core team ability to drive enhancements in products that benefitted Enterprise.
- Providing advanced consulting for J2EE applications including memory analysis and tuning, thread lock identification, heap interpretation, performance tuning opportunities and guidance on application performance issue resolution.
- Providing technical direction in the support of the product and service to various Confidential within core team including release management, resource allocations, knowledge transfer and SME of product and functions.
- Primary point of contact for critical applications support such as Online Banking, CARD, WCC including problem identification and resolution, Web Application server major release, new hardware relocation to DMZ and guidance of performance implications through various initiatives and scheduled releases.