- Former Unix Platform Security and Compliance manager for Confidential, ensuring that the RHEL, Solaris and AIX platforms meet security, audit and compliance requirements.
- I was the Data Center's Lead IT Specialist and System Administrator responsible for the SaaS and PaaS enterprise - level IBM, SUN and Linux OS clusters hosting global financial and scientific applications for a wide range of international customers.
- I was responsible for all aspects of system management, planning, acquisition, configuration, deployment, administration and maintenance, Disaster Recovery (DR) planning and testing, security monitoring and performance, system auditing, and for ensuring that production, test and development systems were maintained and monitored in strict accordance with all applicable authorised Federal policies and procedures.
- I have extensive experience with Project Management, Procurement and 0Contracting, IT Auditing and Compliance, Help Desk, Backup and Recovery, as well as all the other tasks involved in IT Customer support and data centre operations acquired over a long and successful career.
- AIX, Solaris and Linux System Administration/ Systems Analysis/Development/Disaster Recovery/Technical Management/Change Management/Project Management/Auditing/Contracting and Procurement/Technical writing/ shell scripting, C programming/ System Compliance /IaaS/Paas/Virtualisation/Backup & Restore/Oracle/ITIL/COBIT/Full Stack/SOX/Compliance/Cloud/Data Center Operations.
Hardware: IBM pSeries (Power Hardware), JSeries, IBM Mainframes, RS6000, Oracle/Sun T4, SPARC, X86, Dell R900, Brocade, IBM XIV Storage, Parallel Axiom Storage, SAN, NAS, Fiber/Copper cable termination, LAN/WAN Cabling, EMC, Rack Installation, IBM Tape libraries, DataLocker, Mac, and numerous workstations, servers, printers and peripherals.
EXPERIENCE:UNIX Security and Compliance Analyst
- Provide IT Consulting services to individuals and small businesses as needed.
- Short term business and conversational /basic English Teacher for children and adults, all skill levels.
Confidential, South Carolina
UNIX Security and Compliance Analyst
- Provided managerial and technical expertise necessary to ensure that Solaris, RHEL and AIX computing platforms were configured and maintained securely and in compliance with guidelines, and, where required for deviations or exceptions, generated appropriate risk documentation pursuant to corrective action required.
- Served as the Point of Contact (POC) for system audits, AIX and UNIX system configuration compliance verification, vulnerability assessment and remediation and the management of Plan of Actions and Milestones (POAMs).
- Provided technical guidance and direction as needed across multiple teams and divisions for the testing, assessment and verification of AIX, RHEL and Solaris systems to ensure they were fully compliant with all security, regulatory specifications, DISA Stigs, etc.
- Provided technical and administrative leadership and guidance to all levels of management as needed.Resolved trouble tickets concerning system security and compliance matters, using tools both internal and external to the vendor provided Operating Systems, as well as system hardening techniques.
- Lead System Administrator and Contracting Officer’s Technical Representative (COTR). Performed administration and patching for AIX HPC Clusters, RedHat and Solaris systems, using standard built in tools and commands such as vmstat, iostat, lparstat, NMON, ps, netstat, lvmstat, sat, etc.,RedHat Satellite Server administration, UNIX system backup and disaster recovery, ad-hoc hardware and software problem resolution, performance testing, tuning and management, complete system life cycle planning and management, platform to platform (physical to physical) and physical to virtual system and application migration, installed hardware and software, ran fibre and networking cables, managed all pre and post installation technical requirements including floor space and electrical needs, etc.
- Provided technical and administrative leadership and guidance to Senior Confidential management and customers as needed.
- Served as the lead technical interface/Point of Contact (POC) for annual business system audits.
- As Contracting Officer’s Technical Representative I performed all tasks necessary for the procurement of new systems including hardware, software and 4th level support resources for break/fix incidents.
- This included developing technical requirements, conducting market research, writing Request for Proposals (RFPs), Statements of Work (SOWs), and developing proposal evaluation criteria.
- In addition I ensured that proper contracting processes and procedures were adhered to, and subsequently performed source selection based on my proposal evaluations for technical and cost acceptability.
- I provided systems analysis, technical expertise and support services for applications and databases operating on micro and mainframe computing platforms.
- This included global financial applications and system software, new systems development, configuration, design and implementation.
- Led the effort in the design, development and implementation of advanced PC and mainframe system software the C C++ and COBOL programming languages.
- Project Manager for the Division of Payment Management (DPM) Electronic 272 Payment Management 272 System, which automated a manual disbursement reporting process initially to a PC - based client- server software system which was implemented at over 10,000 customer sites world-wide, including state and local governments, tribal governments, universities and charitable organisations, than then ultimately it developed into a Web application.
- Project leader and system administrator for the Electronic Imaging System, which is an automated financial records management and archival system.
- Provided on-call technical support for the Payment Management System, which was the Division s tool for transmitting Federal payments to grant recipients.
- Designed, directed and implemented the system that enabled DPM to exchange financial data to and from Federal Reserve Banks anywhere within the USA.
- Security and System administrator for the US Department of the Treasury s Electronic System.
- Desktop and helpdesk support.
- Primary technical resource in the areas of Computer-Based Patient Records and Electronic Data Interchange.
- Routinely involved in organisational strategic and tactical planning, as well as associated budgeting processes for Confidential impacting operations throughout the USA.
- Performed the analysis, testing and evaluation of in-house developed object-oriented which were written in the C and C++ languages.
- Computer Systems Programmer performing mainframe systems programming and analysis tasks on the IBM 370 MVS/ESA environment consisting of 6 model processors.
- Lead member of a team of systems programmers supporting NIH IBM System/370 users.
- Performed hardware and software installations and troubleshooting as needed, in a 24/7 on-call capacity.
- I also served as a Technical Writer, a Level 2 & 3 Helpdesk support technician, as well as a Programming Language Instructor.