To obtain a position which offers job security. This position would give my career continuity in technical challenges and growth.
- 36 years experience in Information Technology.
- Thirty - two years were in the Property and Casualty Insurance industry.
- I worked as the Systems Engineer for the Gateway Team, assisting with the maintenance of the Gateway CICS DB2 system.
- I provided technical support as needed to other programmers on the team.
- I was also responsible for troubleshooting production problems.
- I attended classes to learn Notes development and spent some time in a maintenance position before I was asked to help support the Confidential system.
- Three and ½ years were at GDIT working on the COB team which supports the systems which coordinate benefits between Medicare and Independent Insurance providers.
Hardware: Mainframe, Desktop PC
Analysis, Design, and Testing: I am very thorough in requirements gathering, analysis, and spec writing. My competencies include being able to quickly pick up a new skill and become proficient in using it. My strong point is trouble-shooting and problem solving. I am also capable of developing and testing application changes with little or no supervision. I have learned from test teams I have worked with how to test to make sure my changes are working as well as making sure they have not had an adverse effect on the rest of the application being changed. Being in Information Technology and having an extensive knowledge of the Insurance Industry also allows me to provide value added services by making additional suggestions or recommendations for improvements that the client may not have realized were possible.
Project Management: Change Management, SDLC, Project Management, Test Planning, Time and Cost Estimates.
Applications: Telfast Homeowners, Gateway Personal Lines Policywriting system (HO, UM, DF lines of business), Confidential Specialty Lines, Advantage Yachts & Umbrella, Autotester, Premiums, Texpac, Automobile, Ratabase, TMF, various Notes applications, COB application.
- Developed COBOL II/DB2 programs along with JCL streams to automate the manual dividends process
- Modified the batch process for the Retirement Income Management system to match the online tool
- Developed reports using COBOL II/DB2 to validate data for the Annual 404(a) Disclosure generation
- Developing a process to calculate Account Growth and Personal Rate of Return for plan mergers
- Supporting the New Business team with plan acquisitions
Software used: CICS, COBOL II, DB2, JCL, XPEDITER, File-Aid, IDCAMS, EndevorPlatinum, DbVisualizer Personal
- Developed COBOL II/DB2 programs along with JCL streams to support CMS Mandatory Insurer Reporting initiative.
- Developed a CICS splash screen for COBC online data entry to advise consequences for unauthorized access.
- Worked with Client to resolve production issues with monthly tracking reports.
- Responsibilities included working with business analysts in the clarification of technical specs, programming, testing, and production implementation
Software used: CICS, COBOL II, DB2, JCL, XPEDITER, File-Aid, IDCAMS, Endevor.
- Supported Farmers Baltimore Advantage team as a developer and analyst to support offshore developers.
- Supported Confidential team working as an analyst to support offshore developers
- Responsible for producing the Autotester and Infoman reports on a daily basis.
- Responsible for building Panapts to migrate components from one development region to another.
Software used: CICS, COBOL II, DB2, JCL, XPEDITER, Endevor, File-Aid, Tablebase, Strobe, IDCAMS, Autotester.
- Provided technical support for all Personal Lines applications.
- Helped develop ‘AQ’ online quote function of Telfast Automobile System.
- Designed and developed a DB2 system to track policy applications from the mail room to issuance of dec.
- Assisted with the development of the Homeowners Gateway system. Coded and tested the program to convert policies from the Telfast system into Gateway.
- Organized, scheduled work assignments, and set priorities for Telfast Homeowners policy writing system. Spent 10 months as supervisor of Premium systems.
- Performed analysis, program specifications, coding and testing of all rate, regulatory, system inquiries and enhancements assigned to me in a mainframe batch, COBOL/ALC environment.
Software used: CICS, COBOL II, DB2, JCL, VSAM, XPEDITER, Endevor, File-Aid, Strobe, IDCAMS, Autotester, Clist, Lotus 123, Abend-Aid, Accucheck,.